+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2001 quad cab fender flare question

Default 2001 quad cab fender flare question

My father just bought a 2001 quad cab and my Dakota is currently at Pie getting a new transmission in it. What size are are factory fender flares/ which aftermarket set would be the closer.
    408 N/A Built by and tuned Performance Inj Equipment
    Full Hotckis Suspension, ETC

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LemonGlowR/T View Post
    My father just bought a 2001 quad cab and my Dakota is currently at Pie getting a new transmission in it. What size are are factory fender flares/ which aftermarket set would be the closer.
    R/T flares are same on front of his quad but not the rear
    They are a little different in the rear. Not sure any aftermarket flare is similar to our factory's. Most aftermarket are big for 4x4 trucks

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status

What is different about them?
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    What is different about them?
    Rear quad cab flares are a little beefier than the RC/CC rear flares around the bottom. My truck did not have flares, so I decided to install a set, and that's when I noticed the difference. There I was sanding down the set when I noticed the rears didn't match, and initially I was going to use it anyway, but the decision kept gnawing at me so I did the right thing and got the right piece. Looking back I'm not even sure if the curvature is exactly the same between the QC and RC/CC wells.

I'd like to know why there is a difference in the first place. Do these slightly bigger flares offer more protection than the standard? Do QCs need that extra protection for some reason? Are 4x4s more common among QCs?
    Last edited by Steve '02CC; 07-05-2013 at 05:43 AM.

was more wondering the rough width of the flare since I cant just go outside and measure mine since its in the shop. The kit I was looking at was one of the two bushwacker ones and the truck they use to show the 1.5inch one is a quad and the .75 is shown on a club and they don't list different part numbers for different cab configurations and honestly before my parents bought the truck from my friend I never noticed much difference in shape between his wheel wells and mine.
    408 N/A Built by and tuned Performance Inj Equipment
    Full Hotckis Suspension, ETC

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

I actually thought to take my Quad flare out to see how it fits and then, duh, I realized I have my fender flares installed now so I can't!

I think it's best to assume they aren't compatible. I pushed my quad flare onto my truck when I got it just to see it, but I wasn't really concentrating on fitting it properly so I wouldn't have noticed if it didn't fit. I don't even have a spare RC/CC rear flare around anymore to compare again. It's hard to tell what subtle little thing is just different enough to keep it from fitting properly.
    Last edited by Steve '02CC; 07-06-2013 at 06:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread