+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From 1/4 mile to Show Pony

Status

Default From 1/4 mile to Show Pony

Test and tune Friday night, one the better carb guys from the Mopar Club (has a 9 second Dart) is coming out to help me free of charge, I didn't even ask him too...Hence one reason I went carbed, lot's of great (and fast) guys willing to help, and they don't have nose rings or wear their hats backwards...Maybe he feels bad, he kicked me out of a chance at 2nd in points in the finals in 2010....LOL

Anyway, I'm entering the truck in the Annual NM Mopar car show on the following Saturday, I've won numerous awards in this show including best engine in 2005, but I'll have limited time to detail it after Friday night...

Anything you can spray on & rinse off that makes things pop under the hood?

EDIT: Home at 12:am, leave for the show 6 hours later....It is what it is. Race truck.
    Last edited by Adobedude; 06-13-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Test and tune Friday night, one the better carb guys from the Mopar Club (has a 9 second Dart) is coming out to help me free of charge, I didn't even ask him too...Hence one reason I went carbed, lot's of great (and fast) guys willing to help, and they don't have nose rings or wear their hats backwards...Maybe he feels bad, he kicked me out of a chance at 2nd in points in the finals in 2010....LOL

Anyway, I'm entering the truck in the Annual NM Mopar car show on Sunday, I've won numerous awards in this show including best engine in 2005, but I'll have limited time to detail it after Friday night...

Anything you can spray on & rinse off that makes things pop under the hood?
    I use One Grand ERV dressing on all the hoses and plastics under the hood (Exterior Rubber and Vinyl). The brand I use isn't super sticky/dirt attractant, it cleans and buffs off easy and leaves a nice new finish over a good period of time.
    Do make sure you buff it off after it soaks in though, or it will attract dust, but won't leave shit sticky like armor-all does.
    I use some other brands too, but nothing off the shelf/redily available.

Lots of people use simple green to enitially clean the engine bay, just make sure you rinse REALLY well or you'll spend more time getting the white residue off. I also use a mild polish/glaze on the painted/powdercoated parts under the hood.
    Tooth brush with water/simple green for wire looms...
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    I use One Grand ERV dressing on all the hoses and plastics under the hood (Exterior Rubber and Vinyl). The brand I use isn't super sticky/dirt attractant, it cleans and buffs off easy and leaves a nice new finish over a good period of time.
    Do make sure you buff it off after it soaks in though, or it will attract dust, but won't leave shit sticky like armor-all does.
    I use some other brands too, but nothing off the shelf/redily available.

Lots of people use simple green to enitially clean the engine bay, just make sure you rinse REALLY well or you'll spend more time getting the white residue off. I also use a mild polish/glaze on the painted/powdercoated parts under the hood.
    Tooth brush with water/simple green for wire looms...
    Tooth brush.....Damn.

I'll settle for 2nd.

My engine is spotless, just looking for a little of that new car *bling* under the hood, something to make the black frame and suspension parts look newer.
    11.27 @ 118.23

Accumulating parts...

Status

Tooth brush.....Damn.

I'll settle for 2nd.

My engine is spotless, just looking for a little of that new car *bling* under the hood, something to make the black frame and suspension parts look newer.
    I use glaze for the frame / suspension components, if they haven't been touched.. it'll take a little buffing to get it to sparkle.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

monypit

Status
    Pro Classifieds

Quick and easy that gets water spots off and cleans for me is a 50/50 solution of distilled water and vinegar, I mix in a spay bottle from Walmart.
    I use this after washing the truck to get the hard water spots off that have dried under the hood.
    Brian Akers AKA "Lunchbox"
    2001 CC R/T 408

http://youtu.be/ptIJR7scdBM

Status

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Quick and easy that gets water spots off and cleans for me is a 50/50 solution of distilled water and vinegar, I mix in a spay bottle from Walmart.
    I use this after washing the truck to get the hard water spots off that have dried under the hood.
    I use a bug sprayer and distilled water and blow it dry with compressed air, never thought about using vinegar
    11.27 @ 118.23

monypit

Status
    Pro Classifieds

I use a bug sprayer and distilled water and blow it dry with compressed air, never thought about using vinegar
    I mix it like a detailer spray, also cuts down on the smell. But works great!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=i9Zb5...%3Di9Zb59qO058
    Brian Akers AKA "Lunchbox"
    2001 CC R/T 408

http://youtu.be/ptIJR7scdBM

Status

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I mix it like a detailer spray, also cuts down on the smell. But works great!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=i9Zb5...%3Di9Zb59qO058
    I'll have to detail it Friday before I load up for the track, a little rubber under the fenders helps in my category: Race Vehicle.
    11.27 @ 118.23

I'll have to detail it Friday before I load up for the track, a little rubber under the fenders helps in my category: Race Vehicle.
    I like the way you think! BTW Dave you truck is so damn clean, I wish mine looked half as good as yours!
    390ci 11.13@120mph N/A

Carbs don't die....PCMs and 727's do

Cover All is also quick and easy on the plastic and rubber parts. Spray and wipe,without being greasy and attracting dirt. Plus it last a long time.
    Once You Drive Black ... Ya Never Walk Back

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kotta390 View Post
    I like the way you think! BTW Dave you truck is so damn clean, I wish mine looked half as good as yours!
    Thanks, I'm wanting that "Best Engine" award again.

I've always been a clean engine bay guy, doesn't matter what it is, it's clean.

Last street miles the R/T saw was in 2009. I drove it to the Mopar show and it's never seen the street since. It's easy to keep something clean if you don't drive it, plus I'm OCD.

Hell, we all are to some extent....
    11.27 @ 118.23

+ Reply to Thread