View Poll Results: What day(s) would you like to attend?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • September 8th, 2013

1 4.35%
  • October 20th, 2013

10 43.48%
  • Both days will work

9 39.13%
  • Can't make either.

3 13.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 WEST DRTC Mini-Nationals!- Sacramento, CA.

Accumulating parts...

Status

Default 2013 WEST DRTC Mini-Nationals!- Sacramento, CA.

Everything you need to know about the official DRTC WEST National Mini-meet!

Dates: October 19th & 20th, 2013.

Place: Sacramento, CA.

Track: Sacramento Raceway Park in conjunction with the Fred Owen Truck Drags.
    5305 Excelsior Rd.
    Sacramento, CA. 95827
    links:
    http://sacramentoraceway.com/
    http://www.fredstruckdrags.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1309...02752/?fref=ts

Host Hotel: Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
    11211 Point East Dr.
    Rancho Cordova, CA. 95742
    Reservations: 1-800-228-9290
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...3&app=resvlink

Room Rates:
    $79.00 + tax (single king guest room)
    $89.00 + tax (double queen guest room)

Hotel info:
    We have a block of 20 rooms reserved for the club. If we fill all of them, there's a possibility the hotel can set aside a few more.
    To reserve your prefered room, just call the number above. Mention you're with the Dakota R/T Club and would like to reserve one of the blocked off rooms. Give them your CC number and you're all set. Or you can reserve your room online here.
    Please note: Use the links below ONLY if you're staying on the 19th. The links are ONLY good for the 19th. Use the reservation number above if you plan on staying additional nights at the hotel.
    King room:
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...&stop_mobi=yes
    Double Queen room:
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...&stop_mobi=yes

Hotel check in time is 3pm.
    Payment is due when you check out in the morning.
    Room reservation deadline is Sept. 30th!

Drag Racing Info:
    We are getting a special group rate at the track.
    $25 racing (includes pit parking fee).
    $5 spectators
    DO NOT pre-register by calling the track! Unless you want to pay the full price!
    When you register with the DRTC for the event, your name will be forwarded to the track. When you arrive at the track, just give them your name, mention that you're with the DRTC, and you get the lower price at the gate.
    We'll have our own lane at the event. We'll race against ourselves. (Or if you want to, you can race with the other truck classes at the event, your choice).
    Racing will be dial-in brackets during eliminations.
    We can also do some heads up style or grudge match racing during time trials if you like.
    The club is planning on having some drag racing awards... Fastest Truck & Bracket Winner for sure. Other possible awards are TBD at this time.
    Dyno info:
    MCE Dyno will have their portable dyno at SRP on Sunday all day.
    DynoJet dyno includes TQ, HP, and wideband A/F numbers.
    Single run: $25 with A/F
    3 runs: $60 with A/F

Show & Shine:
    There is no S&S planned at this time.

Meet giveaways & raffle prizes:
    The club still has all our giveaway prizes from Durant. They will be split 3 ways for the 3 meets. We are still working to add to the prize list to get you more stuff. The big giveaway for the west meet will be an MSaine fully race built transmission. It will be given away via random drawing at the dinner on Sat night. Stay tuned to post #5 of this thread for a complete prize listing for the west meet.
    There is one other small surprise for those of you that stayed registered (or contributed) for the new meet. You will have to attend the new meet to get it.
    We will still be offering 3 raffle prizes. Tickets for the raffled prizes will be sold at all 3 meets, and the drawing for the winner will be held at the west meet. The drawing will be on video and posted to Youtube.
    RAFFLE Prizes
    RED Ticket........... Monzter Motorsports.......(1) Gift certificate for Stage 1 or 2 brake kit. Winners choice.
    WHITE Ticket....... GoPro Hero3 Silver Edition w/16gb memory card.
    BLUE Ticket.......... ME111 Side Skirts................. (1) Gift certificate for a set of side skirts. RC or CC winners choice.
    Ticket price $5.00 each
    3 for $10
    6 for $20 with option to mix up all 3 prizes

Registration for this event is now closed.
    Those of you that stayed registered for the new meet do not need to pay again. And those that contributed their meet fees to the DRTC do not need to pay either. Your info is still on the registration list for the new meet.

For those of you that just want to come and hang out, there is no registration fee through the club. But you won't recieve a meet shirt or be eligible for the free prize drawings.
    If you are registered, but WILL NOT be attending a meet, you're still eligible for the prize drawing. Your name will still be in the hat. You'll still recieve a goody bag and shirt.

Meet Itinerary:
    Sat. Oct. 19th:
    Check in at host hotel lobby in the afternoon.
    We'll be there to hand out goody bags, and meet T-shirts.

Meet & Greet/ Dinner/ Raffle & Prize giveaways will be held at Brookfields restaurant. We'll try to get a place reserved so we can have our own space to do the drawings. The club will not be paying for dinner. Reservation time is 7:00 PM. The restaurant is about a half block from the hotel.
    http://brookrest.com/
    http://brookrest.com/location/

Sun. Oct. 20th:
    Off to SRP for the truck drags.
    All day dyno starts at 8 am
    Gates open at 8:00AM
    Time Trials 9:30AM
    Racing 1:00PM to 5:00PM
    We'll tentatively have some track awards to give away after racing.
    Head home from the track

Let's have a long anticipated BIG West Coast gathering
    Last edited by White Turbo; 10-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Accumulating parts...

Status

Default Attendance List

West Paid Attendees:
    27 Registered
    18 Attending
    15 Trucks

Last edited by White Turbo; 10-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

GPz550 Addict

Status

So, will I be the only one trying my hand, or foot, at drag racing for this event? The truck is no show piece, and I am no squid (48 years old), but would like to run the truck as it is, but without the full spare. Everything else will remain in tack, including the change in the coin slots (no reference to female butt crack here).

Any suggestions for me or those coming out? Truck is not bone stock, but no power adders either, just all motor. I'll stick it in "D" with "OD OFF", and see what it will do. I will be driving this back to San Francisco, so I'm not taking any radical chances. Trans has been serviced, checked, and the valve body modified for much firmer shifts than stock. Rear diff fluid changed and LPW Cover added. Tires are great. I think it would look better on track than in the show.

If this is not the right place for a reply like this, let me know and I will start another thread.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    So, will I be the only one trying my hand, or foot, at drag racing for this event? The truck is no show piece, and I am no squid (48 years old), but would like to run the truck as it is, but without the full spare. Everything else will remain in tack, including the change in the coin slots (no reference to female butt crack here).

Any suggestions for me or those coming out? Truck is not bone stock, but no power adders either, just all motor. I'll stick it in "D" with "OD OFF", and see what it will do. I will be driving this back to San Francisco, so I'm not taking any radical chances. Trans has been serviced, checked, and the valve body modified for much firmer shifts than stock. Rear diff fluid changed and LPW Cover added. Tires are great. I think it would look better on track than in the show.

If this is not the right place for a reply like this, let me know and I will start another thread.
    Copied from another thread:
    Drag Racing 101

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time noobies at the track...
    Some of you may be racing for the first time at the meet. Here's the basics of drag racing, track etiquette, technique and tips:
    These are GENERAL basics, not necessarily related to this meet.

Before you go:
    Read up on NHRA rules if you can.
    Check your local track's website for specific rules at their track.

When you arrive:
    Generally, you'll recieve a tech card at the gate when you pay. You may also recieve a wrist band letting you in the pits. You'll have to sign a waiver also.
    Most tracks require that you purchase a vehicle ID number to put on your truck. NHRA also sells these. Ask at the gate if you need one and where to get it. Ask them what side of the vehicle the number goes on. Write the number on the correct side with a dial-in marker. This identifies you to the tower.

Pits and Tech:
    Find yourself a pit space to park and prep your truck. Those that are trailering your trucks to the race will want to warm them up. Most tracks generally require you to warm up in your pit on jackstands. Driving around the pits to warm your vehicle up is frowned upon at some tracks. Most tracks have a 10 MPH speed limit in the pits. Stay in your pit until the tower calls your class to the staging lanes.
    While your waiting for things to start, fill out your tech card. Some tracks have a designated area where they tech you, some do it in the staging lanes.
    Find out where it is, and have your vehicle tech'd. The tech will either pass you or fail you. He'll take your tech card.

Staging Lanes:
    This is where you line up when the tower calls you. Different tracks have different numbers of lanes. Generally, the tower may call you to a specific lane (or lanes). Pay attention where they tell you to line up. If the tower says "all lanes", you can line up anywhere. If you prefer to race in the right lane, stay in the rightmost staging lane(s). And vise-versa. As you wait for your lane to run, get yourself ready. Jacket, helmet, seatbelts, windows up, heater and A/C off, check gauges, and turn your OD button off. You don't want to race in 4th gear. When you get to the front of the line, wait for the staging tech to motion you to the lane.

Water box and Burnout:
    The track has a water box for wetting your slicks. If you're running street tires, avoid the box completely and drive around it. Line your truck up with the middle of the track. WAIT for the tech to give you the signal to burnout and just chirp the tires a bit to get any debris/rocks off the tires. You are now ready to race. Make sure the tranny is in D (drive, OD off).
    If you're running slicks or drag radials, drive through, or around the water box with your front tires, and line your back tires up with the far edge of the box. The tech will normally help guide you by motioning you forward, then holding you when you're in the right spot. Leave the tranny in 2nd gear. Do not shift from 1st to 2nd manually. Pump the brakes and hold. (Apply your line lock if you have one and release the brakes). WAIT for the tech to give you the burnout signal. With your left foot on the brake, hit the gas to about half throttle. WATCH the tach. About 5000 max should do the trick. Count to ~5-6 and release the brake. WATCH your tach. Spin out a few feet outta the box, and let off the gas.

Staging your vehicle:
    Proceed slowly forward and WATCH the starter. He'll motion you forward to the starting beams when he's ready for you. Put the tranny in drive. When you get his signal, creep SLOWLY Forward.

Christmas tree:
    The tree has 2 yellow staging bulbs up top. These guide you into the "beams".
    (The starting line). Continue to creep slowly forward until you light the topmost bulb on the tree. STOP, and wait for your opponent to light his top bulb. Creep VERY slowly forward until you light the second bulb. STOP immediately! (We won't get into deep staging here). You are now staged and ready to race! Pump the brakes a couple times to hold the truck in place. CONCENTRATE on the 3 yellow lights below. They will count down in 1/2 sec. intervals. When the 3rd yellow light comes on, GO. If you leave on time, the green light will come on. If you leave too soon, the red light comes on. If you light the red during eliminations, you just lost the race.

Launching:
    There are different techniques for launching. Once staged and ready, and with your left foot firmly on the brake, you may elect to rev the motor up some before you launch. If you're on street tires, ease into the throttle off the line without spinning the tires. This will take a little practice to get down pat.

The run:
    The hard part is over for the first timer. You don't need to shift since you're in drive with the OD button off. Steer straight and enjoy the view! Some tracks have a "win" light that comes on if you win the race.

After the finsh line:
    IMPORTANT!!!! There are rules as to who can exit the track first ! This is where the first timer can end his day very badly! You'll be pumped up and excited. The lane that is closest to the turnout has the right of way! Don't ruin your day by crashing into the other guy. I've seen it happen.

Exit lane and Timeslip:
    Most tracks have 10-25 MPH limit back to the pits, and most have a timeslip booth along the way to stop and pick up your timeslip.

If something goes wrong:
    If you notice trouble with your rig during your run, engine sputters, dies, smoke billowing out the back, check engine lights all over the dash, act quickly and move your vehicle SAFELY off the middle of the track. Continue along the side of the track if you can, and pull off in a safe place.
    DON'T continue down the middle of the track if you're spewing fluids... You'll cause a major delay while they clean your mess up.

Test & Tune/Bracket racing:
    T&T is just that, a practice run. Both opponent's lights will count down at the same time. You will both leave at the same time.

Bracket racing is different. Each opponent will try to guess what time they'll run. They will put that guess on the window with a dial-in marker. (Ex.- If you think your truck will run 13 flat, you'll mark 13.00 on your window.) The trick to bracket racing is to "run your dial", but no faster. If you go faster than your dial-in, you "break out" and lose the race. The tree will count down for the slower truck first, allowing the slower truck to leave first.
    The faster truck's tree counts down next. The winner is usually the one who has a better reaction time and comes closest to their predicted time.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

Default West Meet Prize List

Total retail value of prizes: Over $4055

1. MSaine Performance................(1) performance built 46RE 700hp transmission gift certificate Bruce Bridges
    2. Nitrous Express......................(1) $250 gift certificate for purchase of Nitrous Kit Scott Trotter
    3. Customwiresets.com...............(1) $25 gift certificate for purchase of Firecore 50 plug wires Brian Cropp
    4. DRTC....................................(1) One of a kind white DRTC flexfit baseball cap (L/XL) Rudy Reyes
    5. F&B Throttle Bodies................(1) gift certificate for your choice of TB Josh Klein
    6. One Cryo.............................. (1) gift certificate for $100 off cryo treatment Kevin Fedderson
    7. Performance Injection Equip.....(1) free SCT Custom N/A Tune. Paul allen
    8. Monzter Motorsports................(1) billet battery hold down Blaine Anderson
    9. Flyin Ryan Performance........... (1) gift certificate for 4 hours of SCT training Chad Sehn
    10. Rock Auto............................. (1) $50 Gift Certificate Colton Harvey
    11. Amsoil (Justin Bassett).......... (1) gift cert. for a case of Amsoil of your choice and 1 oil filter Ginn Bennett
    12. Black Cat Custom Automotive..(1) $60 Gift Certificate Steven Brochu
    13. DRTC................................... (1) Go Pro Hero 3 White Edition camera Hosea Nelson
    14. DRTC................................... (1) Wolf 200 Series Truck Cover Don VonEssen
    15. Corey Clough.........................(1) Motion Pro T-handle spinner wrench (3/8" drive) Garrett Van Loon
    16. Corey Clough.........................(1) Motion Pro T-handle spinner wrench (1/4" drive) Gary Achtzehn
    17. Flowmaster/B&M/Hurst.......... (1) Gift Certifcate for 50% off a purchase of their products Dan Bennett
    18. SpinTech.............................(1) Gift Certificate for $100 towards Spintech muffler purchase Doug Hicks
    19. Summit................................. Goody Bags/stickers/bruchures
    19. Autogeek.net ......................(1) Detailer's Pro "Detailer Bag" Barry Young
    20. Autogeek.net ......................(1) Autogeek cooler/tote Mike Carlman
    21. DRTC.................................(2) DRTC Hoodies (XL) Ken Watson and Pat Allen
    22. Dr. Colorchips....................(1) 50% off coupon for paint chip repair kit. Dennis Nowicki

Several F&B, Hughes Engines, and Harland Sharp T-shirts were given away as well.

Congratulations to all the winners at the West Mini-Nationals !!!
    Last edited by White Turbo; 10-21-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

Default Dyno?

I talked to Fred Owen today and there's a chance there might be a portable dyno at the track.
    Cost would be $45 per run.
    He needs at least 6-7 people to commit before it will happen.

Please post in this thread if you DEFINATELY want to do this.
    Last edited by White Turbo; 07-09-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

I've forwarded our logo and a member truck pic to Fred Owen to be included on his website.

Check it out!
    http://www.fredstruckdrags.com/
    Last edited by White Turbo; 07-09-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

Default The meet is on !

Please go back to the OP of this thread and read through it.
    Everything has been updated and the meet details are all there.

The hotel is accepting reservations right now.
    Meet Registration is open ! Get signed up!
    Last edited by White Turbo; 07-09-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

GPz550 Addict

Status

Great work on the information.

I will be staying at my brothers house 5 miles from the hotel/dinner, and 6 miles from the Sac Raceway.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

DRTC #149

Status

Great!!

Thanks for putting this together on such short notice guys! Ill do my best to rattle the trees and get locals out for the meet!

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    I talked to Fred Owen today and there's a chance there might be a portable dyno at the track.

I would definitely be in for a few pulls.
    1998 Dodge Dakota RC 5.2L 5spd - Eddie Heads, 212/218 114lsa cam, PPH headers, Vortech V2, M1 2bbl, 50mm TB
    1965 Dodge Dart 273 AT - resto project
    1990 Aztec Red 300zx Twin Turbo - not stock

Accumulating parts...

Status

If the gray truck goes, I'm in.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

I'd be down for pull or two.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

If I have my swap done and ready, put me down as well.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    If I have my swap done and ready, put me down as well.
    Let us know when you're ready to commit to the dyno run.
    I'll list you then.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

Status

I'll take a run on the dyno.

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RD03RT View Post
    I'll take a run on the dyno.

Got you on the list Dennis

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

Let us know when you're ready to commit to the dyno run.
    I'll list you then.
    Will do.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

No pulls on the dyno for me... I'm saving all of it for the race track.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    No pulls on the dyno for me... I'm saving all of it for the race track.
    IAWTP

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

Lurker

Status

??

Yrsfs!!

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    iawtp

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by madboy View Post
    ??

Yrsfs!!
    You payin for it? lol

Lurker

Status

I wasn't sure WTF this meant :IAWTP

So I made up my own

You R so Fn Silly

YRSFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You payin for it? lol

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

www.dakotart.com

Status

IAWTP

I agree with this post

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

Status

Quote Originally Posted by madboy View Post
    I wasn't sure WTF this meant :IAWTP

So I made up my own

You R so Fn Silly

YRSFS!!
    I didn't know either! NIFSFS! (Now I feel so Fn silly)
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast