Thread: SCT Tuner

Status

Default SCT Tuner

Where can i buy an SCT Tuner?? How Much?? I have a 1999 Dakota R/T 5.9
    I have a thread "Blown Head Gasket" with more info. PowerDyne Super Charger.M-1 intake....... I want to get it right!! Help!!

Status

Call my cell (yes I am still up) or shoot me an email ( both are in my signature) . I need more details about your setup. Thanks
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    Call my cell (yes I am still up) or shoot me an email ( both are in my signature) . I need more details about your setup. Thanks
    The man with the plan!!
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezie View Post
    The man with the plan!!
    Yessir!
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440

Status

I have been getting educated by several people, and also reading up on my truck to take a more reasonable approach for putting the R/T back together with more sensible upgrades. Upgrades that work together and make sense. I am now looking at the new"Iron Ram" heads(from ClearWater Cylinder Heads) with 2.02 intake and 1.625 stainless steel exhaust valves.Anyone familiar with these head's? Do they flow better than stock heads??My JBA shorty header's just delivered!! I will make the best of these shorty header's by losing the stock pipes going to my flowmaster side exit exhaust and replacing it with 2-1/2" pipes.
    Last edited by mrbill340; 04-13-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more info

Status

Got this info on line:The cylinder heads were another fundamental change of the Magnum engine, being designed to meet stricter requirements in both power and emissions by increasing efficiency.[7] These heads were cast iron units with new wedge-shaped combustion chambers and high-swirl valve shrouding.[3] Combustion chamber design was most important in these new heads: LA engine cylinder heads were given a full-relief open-chamber design, but the Magnum was engineered with a double-quench closed-chamber type. The higher-flowing intake ports stepped up intake flow dramatically in comparison to the original LA engine, and the exhaust ports improved cylinder evacuation as well.[7] The shape and porting of the chambers allowed for more complete atomization of the air/fuel mixture, as well as contributing to more complete combustion; these virtues allowed for much greater efficiency of the engine as a whole.[7] The intake and exhaust valves were located at the top of each combustion chamber. The valves themselves had shorter, 5/16" diameter stems, to allow for the more aggressive camshaft.[4] Intake valves had a port diameter of 1.92", while exhaust valves were 1.65".[3] Spark plugs were located at the peak of the combustion chambers' wedge, between the exhaust ports; press-in heat shield protected them from the heat of the exhaust manifolds.[4]

Status

Cool

The people at Clearwater Cylinder heads said don't be in such a hurry to sell the PowerDyne Super Charger...just try lowering the boost. I also plan on a low to mid range cam to go with the new heads, M-1 intake, and headers. Also an SCT tuner and a tune from flyin Ryan..I believe this plan will give me the results i am looking for, along with dependability...just wish it wouldn't cost so damn much!!

www.dakotart.com

Status

Sounds like you're on the right track!

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Status

Billy, let me know when you decide on a game plan, and we'll discuss it before any $$$ is spent.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Status

Default Dakota R/T-Game Plan

Well i finally finished pulling off the exhaust manifolds, after cutting off rusty bolts at the flange. Then pulled the heads. Looks like the number 5 cylinder was the culprit. Some surface rust trails in that cylinder where it seems water was getting in. Now to call Flyin Ryan and run down my game plan to see what he thinks!!

Iron rams, ported and polished, good set of hardware. DO NOT skimp on valve springs and whatnot.
    Some 1.7 adjustable rockers,
    And let Ryan set the tune up.
    Just be sure to get your datalogging situation right.
    Run an LM2 or whatever Ryan suggests for your application.

You can pick up a lot of the parts youll need from Richard at Hi-Potek

Edit-I would also get a set of midlength headers.
    But if you do, pleeeeeease go ahead and get a set of one piece steel port plates... youll thank me for it later
    Last edited by Cheezie; 04-16-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?

Muscle Of Love

Status

Iron rams, ported and polished, good set of hardware. DO NOT skimp on valve springs and whatnot.
    Some 1.7 adjustable rockers,
    And let Ryan set the tune up.
    Just be sure to get your datalogging situation right.
    Run an LM2 or whatever Ryan suggests for your application.

You can pick up a lot of the parts youll need from Richard at Hi-Potek

Edit-I would also get a set of midlength headers.
    But if you do, pleeeeeease go ahead and get a set of one piece steel port plates... youll thank me for it later
    YOU GO GIRL!

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    YOU GO GIRL!
    Or listen to ^this guy^ and spend a million bucks on an old slow are tee.....
    Colby
    DRTC#1159

Muscle Of Love

Status

Or listen to ^this guy^ and spend a million bucks on an old slow are tee.....
    Owner's slow the R/T not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Owner's slow the R/T not so much.
    Colby
    DRTC#1159