+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest HP Magnum motor you have ever seen

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wyotech_cuda440 View Post
    I think it's funny how much he loves LS engines, and even has a website called "LSdak" when in reality, he has a LQ4 iron block engine.

He has a gen III sbc, that's it. Maybe it has LS features, but it's not a LS engine.

Oh, BTW- troll all you want, we still don't give two shits about your chebbie powered anything. This entire forum is dedicated to Dakota's with magnum engines.
    It's still a Dakota, just missing the stock engine/transmission. This kinda thinking is why people hate the older Mopar crowd. Good job keeping up the same ego.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    It's still a Dakota, just missing the stock engine/transmission. This kinda thinking is why people hate the older Mopar crowd. Good job keeping up the same ego.
    My thoughts exactly. I dont hear any shit talking about any of the big block guys? Or the supposed viper drivetrain daks. Dak club or not. Hot roddin is about taking something boring and making it better and to the owners liking. Respect em all, even if its not your specific cup of tea.
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I dont hear any shit talking about any of the big block guys? Or the supposed viper drivetrain daks. Dak club or not. Hot roddin is about taking something boring and making it better and to the owners liking. Respect em all, even if its not your specific cup of tea.
    Just wait till they see what I stir up in a few years. I am sure the Dakota world will shun me. It's ok I will still have the CC Blue beast to play with when I want to go slow.

Meh.
    This is the Dakota R/T Club.

If you want a Dakota with a LS or any other engine, head to dak-dur.

As far as the "older mopar crowd", you put a LS in a Cuda, and I'll hate you for life. Fair enough?

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Just wait till they see what I stir up in a few years. I am sure the Dakota world will shun me. It's ok I will still have the CC Blue beast to play with when I want to go slow.
    As long as you dont say rustang. Lol I love em, but theres just too many. Even building from the ground up it would be hard not to duplicate what has already been done.

Honestly id like to do another.....(scared to say this here. Lol) ......another tuner car, I wanna do a twin turbo scion tc, or hyundai genesis coupe 2.0.

Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?

Muscle Of Love

Status

As long as you dont say rustang. Lol I love em, but theres just too many. Even building from the ground up it would be hard not to duplicate what has already been done.

Honestly id like to do another.....(scared to say this here. Lol) ......another tuner car, I wanna do a twin turbo scion tc, or hyundai genesis coupe 2.0.

Lets just say it will be a Dakota chassis. Along the lines of Adobedude weight reduction with stupid power.

Colby
    DRTC#1159

Status
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Meh.

As far as the "older mopar crowd", you put a LS in a Cuda, and I'll hate you for life. Fair enough?
    This quit being a purist site quite some time ago. There was a time when it was R/T only, but now it has everything from 4 bangers to 4x4's.

I don't see why it's a big deal to put a different motor in a Dakota. It's the very essence of hot rodding. From it's earliest days, people stuffed the most powerful, light weight engine they could find (or afford), into whichever platform suited them best. Take the '32 Ford for example: 9 out of 10 have an SBC in them. Not a Ford motor. In fact, the SBC has become the go-to motor in almost every situation, due to the availability of parts, both performance and replacement. I can't recall having ever seen a '32 Ford with a Mopar Magnum motor though. Not saying there isn't one out there, but it's a rare bird.
    Also,
    If I'm not mistaken, "H Town Rumble" is putting a 468 BBC in his R/T.

To each their own.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

I think it's funny how much he loves LS engines, and even has a website called "LSdak" when in reality, he has a LQ4 iron block engine.

He has a gen III sbc, that's it. Maybe it has LS features, but it's not a LS engine.

Oh, BTW- troll all you want, we still don't give two shits about your chebbie powered anything. This entire forum is dedicated to Dakota's with magnum engines.
    Its actually an LY6 Gen IV. Chosen specifically for the 6L displacement, 9.6 compression,and L92 head, which is far superior to the cathedral port head on the LQ4. It has a little more baseline horsepower initially. Also, the iron block is much better at taking boost than the true LS engine, which is aluminum, and has a tendency to punch holes in the cylinder walls under pressure. But, in the world outside of this forum, "LS" is the common vernacular for all small block chevy's after the LT.

And yes. You give many shits about my "chebbie", or this thread would be dead. I assume?
    1999 Dakota LS-swap. Fastest NA 5.9/6.0 full-weight CC. 12.76 at 109.9.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Status

He now routinely builds 1,500hp LS engines for racing and has even built a 7.0L version that cranked out more than 2,200 hp.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...#ixzz2J5c6Vb5a
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

PABBADS - "Danno Level 3"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    3555 from the 15 tornadoes in the intake pipe!

I just did better!
    4053 rwhp

On e85

With double dooper dappers and twin fizzies.
    Matt
    DRTC # 1163

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Quote Originally Posted by casias View Post
    Its actually an LY6 Gen IV. Chosen specifically for the 6L displacement, 9.6 compression,and L92 head, which is far superior to the cathedral port head on the LQ4. It has a little more baseline horsepower initially. Also, the iron block is much better at taking boost than the true LS engine, which is aluminum, and has a tendency to punch holes in the cylinder walls under pressure. But, in the world outside of this forum, "LS" is the common vernacular for all small block chevy's after the LT.

And yes. You give many shits about my "chebbie", or this thread would be dead. I assume?
    I just hope you ACTUALLY know as much about the LS platform as you TRIED to pretend to know about the Magnum platform.... Because most of what you THINK you know about the Magnum platform is just plain fucking WRONG.

I have no beef about putting whatever engine you desire in your Dakota or anything else. That's the essence of Hot-Rodding, and I applaud these efforts. Just don't make an ass of yourself by spouting untruths about a platform that you simply don't understand as justification for those efforts. We get it, you like Chebbies, and they don't make a decent truck - so you put something you know into a Dakota. Great. Go drive it and enjoy it. That's what it's for isn't it? Because if it's supposed to be a sales tool to help you be the LS engine disciple - you are going about it all wrong.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Status

I honestly don't think he is trying to trash on the Magnum motor as much as most think. Probably just curious to aim as a goal for his LS powered Dak to shoot for. Either way I have reached out to see if he wants to race. Granted it's apples to oranges vs my rig. Still would like to see his rig just for the hotrod dare to be different approach.
    Thanks.

Actually, this has been taken way out of context by the masses, and always has. I will say it again, like I have said from day one:

1) I wanted to see if LS engines might be a feasible alternative to the diesel hybrid magnum motors that I have.

2) Reading posts and seeing people say "man its too hard", makes me, a former mechanical engineer, look for a solution.

3) I had design goals of 400hp/400TQ, which would put this truck in line with newer vehicles, at a fraction of the cost. The increase to 16 MPG has not been too bad either.

4) This particular truck would have been at LKQ being pulled apart, since no one wanted to bid on it.

5) I wanted to use the experience as a way to gain knowledge about the LS engine, wiring, tuning etc. Primarily because I am starting a Factory Five GTM, which will use the same engine.

6) Sorry, no. Not putting a Magnum in the GTM.

7) Turns out, it was really pretty easy. Its turned out to be pretty nice truck. But as easy as it is to throw a turbo on, tune and make 750-800 hp is awfully tempting on this motor. Even though that was not my intention.

8) Bottom line: 400 reliable HP with 87 ocatane and 16 mpg goal was achieved on day 1. SO now I am bored.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Status

I honestly don't think he is trying to trash on the Magnum motor as much as most think. Probably just curious to aim as a goal for his LS powered Dak to shoot for. Either way I have reached out to see if he wants to race. Granted it's apples to oranges vs my rig. Still would like to see his rig just for the hotrod dare to be different approach.
    I'm game. I am not a racer and I am not trying to prove anything other than my original goal "400hp/400Tq, modern drivetrain, better fuel mileage", but I will certainly put it down the track. PM me. Or open conversation. Either is fine.
    2000 Durango ZL1 AWD.

Status

IF I was trying to make IMPRESSIVE HP to CUI numbers, Be easy on the wallet, Lite weight and economical at the same time.

Ford Mod Motors FTW!!!

There has been so much done with the MOD Motor that many race sanction bodies have even gone as far as writing the class rules to eliminate them.

Look at the after market support for the Mod Motor. Vast and wide as long as you don't need heads. Trick Flow finally released some heads about 2-3 years ago. Other than that most everything is stock offerings.

Unless your willing to fork over the money for Mozez heads for your LS. It's just going to be another Chevy LS like all the rest.

I've said it in the past and will say it once more. Anything that can be done with an LS can be done with a Mopar Small Block. Maybe not a Magnum Based only deal, as the Magnum Engine was never meant to be anything but a Truck Motor. But when you open up and look at all Mopar Small Block offerings, different story.

Want to compare Oranges to Oranges: Compare an LS to a Gen3 Hemi.

Comparing an LS to a Magnum is like comparing the Ls to a Gen1-3 Chevy. OUTDATED!

Even though the pre-Gen-3 Hemi Small Block Mopar is outdated Technology. I have still had Chevy and Ford guys alike all but short of begging me to sell them my R3-W9RP combo to put in their Mustangs and Camaroes.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Status

I'm game. I am not a racer and I am not trying to prove anything other than my original goal "400hp/400Tq, modern drivetrain, better fuel mileage", but I will certainly put it down the track. PM me. Or open conversation. Either is fine.
    OK? Been done!! get a Gen3 Hemi.

I had an SRT-8 Challenger, made 425hp, and got 23mpg Hwy about 15city and ran on pump gas. Idled like a kitten purring!!

I thought factory LS's were at the same level as well?
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Got Beer?

Status

A stock Dakota got the same gas mileage you achieved.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakfink View Post
    OK? Been done!! get a Gen3 Hemi.

I had an SRT-8 Challenger, made 425hp, and got 23mpg Hwy about 15city and ran on pump gas. Idled like a kitten purring!!

I thought factory LS's were at the same level as well?
    No. The only NA ls to have a higher output than the 6.1 hemi is the ls3 and the 7.0 ls7.
    99 R/T RC IB
    Megasquirt II
    53%
    The eternal realist, If you don't like what I have to say put me on your ignore list

Status

can we see pics of this rig somewhere?

Status

Meh.

I agree with this guy. I never liked the idea of swapping another makes power train into a different make either. Guess I just don't get the point.
    -Jonathan

2000 Intense Blue R/T Regular cab.

DRTC #149

Status

OK,

You achieved everything you wanted with a swap to a totally different drivetrain to prove to yourself it could be done. Bravo.

Now, will you please understand that you did NOT gain anything over that which has already been achieved by a Magnum motor setup. From your video where you show the Magnum motor on the floor of your shop, it is quite obvious you didnt do nearly as much research as you thought before deciding that the Magnum was not usable. If you would like to discuss specifics and maybe learn something from someone who has made their living as a machinist and building engines, as well as a lifelong Mopar guy, let me know. It was great that you set out to prove that an LS swap isnt too hard, now how about you take that same zeal and apply it to actually proving that you "cant make more than 300hp reliably out of a Magnum". There are multiple ways of doing it, just ask around on this board. You will not find a better resource on the internet than what you find right here...

But tone the engineer arrogance down a bit, you arent going to impress anyone here with it. We may not have the book learning, but we have something even better. Experience.

Danno

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumatic_Tire View Post
    I agree with this guy. I never liked the idea of swapping another makes power train into a different make either. Guess I just don't get the point.
    Yeah, the whisky made me come off kinda harsh, but that's still the way I feel.

I know that this isn't a "purist" site anymore, and if dusted72 wants to talk about the 5.9 in his ram or casias want to talk about the body, suspension, interior etc on his Dakota, there's no problems on my end.

I just don't like pointless troll threads like this. Trying to find the most powerful magnum motor just so he can point at a more powerful LS engine that somebody else built is just retarded.

You don't see any of the ram owners trying to bring up and compare towing capabilities to make themselves feel superior.

If casias wants a LS in his truck, fine. Do it, post pics, answer questions, no problem. But going into other threads to say incorrect bs about magnums and praise the LS is gay. To talk crap about fully built magnums that have a lot of time and money into them and are making big power numbers while giving his reasoning why the LS is so much better, when his own engine is nearly stock and less powerful than many of the engines here is just douche-baggery at its finest.

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    OK,

You achieved everything you wanted with a swap to a totally different drivetrain to prove to yourself it could be done. Bravo.

Now, will you please understand that you did NOT gain anything over that which has already been achieved by a Magnum motor setup. From your video where you show the Magnum motor on the floor of your shop, it is quite obvious you didnt do nearly as much research as you thought before deciding that the Magnum was not usable. If you would like to discuss specifics and maybe learn something from someone who has made their living as a machinist and building engines, as well as a lifelong Mopar guy, let me know. It was great that you set out to prove that an LS swap isnt too hard, now how about you take that same zeal and apply it to actually proving that you "cant make more than 300hp reliably out of a Magnum". There are multiple ways of doing it, just ask around on this board. You will not find a better resource on the internet than what you find right here...

But tone the engineer arrogance down a bit, you arent going to impress anyone here with it. We may not have the book learning, but we have something even better. Experience.

Danno
    Also, if im not badly mistaken there are several engineers on this board arent there?
    Colby
    DRTC#1159

DRTC #149

Status

Also, if im not badly mistaken there are several engineers on this board arent there?
    Yes, more than a couple.

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast