+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: tko conversion for the bannana

Under Construction..Again

Status

Quote Originally Posted by pplhz03rt View Post
    I've been shopping for similar but different style master cylinders that might work with my package. An oem piece would sure fit easy enough but I worry about miss matched components and and blown or leaky seals in the clutch as a result.

Something that may work with what I have is to rotate the cylinder about 20* to the left. For general information attached is a compare oem mine.
    Don,

What I did on mine was take the stock setup (the plate) and weld an adaptor to it. It already had the correct angle and position, so why not? It worked perfect and cleared everything. My stock cylinder developed a leak and I bought a Wilwood setup.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blue93Dakota View Post
    Just did all of this on a 72 Cutlass that I am doing an L92 swap into that has a TKO600. Nice work.
    Thanks. I let an M20 64 GTO go and this conversion will make me feel better about trading it off on an SUV

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hey!

That all looks very familiar for some reason

Looking good Don.

Edit: went back and looked at the earlier pics, you already have the smaller booster. The BIG booster is HUGE... 98's and some early 99's had em. Looks like yours was built with the later smaller booster.
    Thanks Danno. I run into a little hiccup now an then but its live and learn for this old dog

Status

Must look that way because of this in the 03 that I had Danno.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 6speedrt View Post
    Don,

What I did on mine was take the stock setup (the plate) and weld an adaptor to it. It already had the correct angle and position, so why not? It worked perfect and cleared everything. My stock cylinder developed a leak and I bought a Wilwood setup.
    Thanks Barry. Great idea, I'm not a welder but maybe could do that with nuts and bolts or what ever. Got things where they will fit but more clearance would be nice.

Must look that way because of this in the 03 that I had Danno.
    Did you have the rt with the flames and such on it?

I recall seeing it on eBay and YouTube.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jmaack727 View Post
    Did you have the rt with the flames and such on it?

I recall seeing it on eBay and YouTube.
    That is the one. I traded it in on a nostalgia car. Later on I decided that I wanted something that I could use instead of what was basically a show car so I traded my 4 speed GTO for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I hit the upside and downside of the collector market going in the wrong direction so I lost a little money during the process.

Thought so. I recognized that custom console.

Status

Don,

I agree, why not. But how did you separate the plate from the rest?

Status

Here is my transmission, setting on top of plan A. Guy quoted me $400-$500. to do the machine work, it didn't take me long to change direction after that. I'll keep it around just for drill. Always nice to have a back up plan at hand.

Hah a Keeisler copy. I was in the process of doing the same. But I got a Keisler one.

Status

I saw a couple of weeks ago where someone got rid of his Keisler stuff. Must have been you that picked it up. Good score.

Status

I test fitted the Quick Time bell housing and CPS to the engine to check fitment. I just cut the bellhousing and dust shield kind of from memory where I thought that the access holes might ought to go. So I thought that maybe it wouldn't hurt anything to slap it on and take a look see. Ha.

I saw a couple of weeks ago where someone got rid of his Keisler stuff. Must have been you that picked it up. Good score.
    Nah that was me selling. I kept the bell housing but dumped the rest for now. I was about to pull the trigger and get one machined but found my kit few years back. Then life happened so I sold.

Status

A couple pictures of master cylinder fab work. Not by me. Fit perfect in my truck, now back off to the welder.

Nice.

That turned out really nice.
    513-Motorsports-LLC
    A couple of turbos on an old Dakota

Under Construction..Again

Status

Looking good Don. Those are some big holes in that belhousing, so don't park your truck outside for any length of time. Otherwise you will have it packed full of weeds and nuts like mine was. Damn squirel or mouse whatever....

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jmaack727 View Post
    Nice.
    Thanks

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blue93Dakota View Post
    That turned out really nice.
    Yes, the guy did a good job for me

Status

Looking good Don. Those are some big holes in that belhousing, so don't park your truck outside for any length of time. Otherwise you will have it packed full of weeds and nuts like mine was. Damn squirel or mouse whatever....
    Thanks Barry, There are some big holes all right. Have to remember about the 'weed whacker'

Status

Bolt alignment around the top of the bell housing is a little tight. The 12 o'clock bolt will fit but but the 10 and 2 bolts don't quite make it. I wish that I'd done a test fit before I slotted the housing so I would know if that changed anything.

The divided by 2 run out number is .0045 The bell would have to be moved up that in the direction of the 11 o'clock position to get zero run out.

Do you think that I should adjust it in that direction with offset dowels or just leave as is and file the bell housing bolt holes to get the bolts in. They are close enough that I could force the in but I'm not going to do that.

DRTC #149

Status

Bolt alignment around the top of the bell housing is a little tight. The 12 o'clock bolt will fit but but the 10 and 2 bolts don't quite make it. I wish that I'd done a test fit before I slotted the housing so I would know if that changed anything.

The divided by 2 run out number is .0045 The bell would have to be moved up that in the direction of the 11 o'clock position to get zero run out.

Do you think that I should adjust it in that direction with offset dowels or just leave as is and file the bell housing bolt holes to get the bolts in. They are close enough that I could force the in but I'm not going to do that.
    Oblong the holes slightly, shouldnt hurt anything, as the dowels are the locating devices, and the bolts only provide clamping force.

IMO

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Status

Thanks Danno, nit picker that I am. I ordered some .007 offset dowels from these guys.

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/dowels.html

Will wait and probably use them. If the wrench flats are in the same direction as the offset that would be nice

Status

Thanks Danno, nit picker that I am. I ordered some .007 offset dowels from these guys.

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/dowels.html

Will wait and probably use them. If the wrench flats are in the same direction as the offset that would be nice
    You're just within TKO spec for run out, so I wouldn't sweat it too much if those offset dowels are a PITA for you.
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast