+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Differences in years

What was the first year that they offered the 4 door cab?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by spence340 View Post
    what was the first year that they offered the 4 door cab?
    2000, but there was never a QC R/T in the third gen body style.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

Status

I don't feel like reading through all these posts so I don't know if it was already said or not but... On my 2000, the V8 emblem on the drivers side fender still had the alignment pins and the hole in the fender.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by darkenedrt View Post
    I don't feel like reading through all these posts so I don't know if it was already said or not but... On my 2000, the V8 emblem on the drivers side fender still had the alignment pins and the hole in the fender.
    I believe that it was in 2001 when they went away from the alignment holes for the fender engine badges.
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

Status

Well I said that because it was listed on the first post that there wasn't alignment holes on the 2000.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by darkenedrt View Post
    Well I said that because it was listed on the first post that there wasn't alignment holes on the 2000.
    My R/T is a 2000 and has the alignment holes. My 2001 doesn't.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaNash View Post
    My R/T is a 2000 and has the alignment holes. My 2001 doesn't.
    2000 has badges and holes. 2001 no badges and no holes. IIRC replacement fenders have no holes.

BLACK '02 RC R/T (BLACK N BITTER) 12.5 @ 109 mph. Under the knife again.
    '99 IB RC R/T (Sabrina's truck) 13.8 @ 96 mph SOLD!
    '10 B5 blue pearl Challenger R/T Classic edition. Totaled!!! FML!!!
    '98 CC R/T Bought wrecked. Restoring it.
    '05 WRANGLER (DD)
    '05 HARLEY FXDCI

Status

Default decal/emblems

Where can I get new decal/emblems for my black 98 Dakota? They are red.

Dodge/Audi/VW Enthusiast

Status

My 2001 has 4 o2 sensors (3 cats stock). Everything else is the late style (mirrors, interior, etc).

Not sure if I just have the retard combination or what but just throwing that out there

2001 R/T RC: Cal-tracs, 52mm TB, Cammed, ported/redone stock heads, roller valvetrain, Self-tuned, Spintech Mids, PIE built trans, MSAINE 2800 stall, LC-1

1986 Audi 4000cs Quattro. 10v Turbo Swap. 13.63 @ 98.7 MPH!

DD: 1990 Audi 3.6L V8 quattro

www.hershperformance.com

https://www.facebook.com/hershperformanceandracing
    Mechanical Engineering Student

Status

I didn't see it mentioned in the original post, but the control arms changed between 97-99 and 00+. More specifically, the passenger upper control arm's pivot shaft changed from a straight design to an offset shaft. Not sure if any of the other three arms changed or not. My plan is to swap the passenger side pivot shaft to be able to use a control arm setup that was on a 2000 truck on my 1999.
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

Couple of other things to notice on the 2003 models. They got rid of the vinyl strip in between the door and side glass on the cc's and the rear license plate light covers were flat black and not the painted body color. I think someone said this before but 2003's also had the top windshield molding removed and some of the late late 03' models didn't have window lock switches.

Vinyl strip on doors ( CC 98-02 only)
    License plate light covers (98-02 body color), (03 flat black)

Amber fire orange was an 00-01 color only.

Another thing, when did the taupe colored interiors come out on R/T's?
    03' Dakota R/T FR RC
    03' Dakota Sport (Bunch of bolt-ons) SOLD
    70' Charger 500 (SOLD sadly)

2002+ thru-bolt style trans mount vs earlier stud mount

11.09@123

Pay now or pay when it comes home on a flatbed. Sometimes both. Part of the game.

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by moparracer89 View Post
    2002+ thru-bolt style trans mount vs earlier stud mount
    You talking the bolts from block into bell housing?

One small but strange thing I noticed lately was when I changed a fender from a 99 to an 00 the bracket that the cruise control attaches to was different.

OG DRTC

Status

One small but strange thing I noticed lately was when I changed a fender from a 99 to an 00 the bracket that the cruise control attaches to was different.
    Yeah the cruise control location changed in '00. They were having problems with it binding mounted to firewall since it made a 180 degree bend from throttle body to solenoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    Couple of other things to notice on the 2003 models. They got rid of the vinyl strip in between the door and side glass on the cc's and the rear license plate light covers were flat black and not the painted body color. I think someone said this before but 2003's also had the top windshield molding removed and some of the late late 03' models didn't have window lock switches.

Vinyl strip on doors ( CC 98-02 only)
    License plate light covers (98-02 body color), (03 flat black)

Amber fire orange was an 00-01 color only.

Another thing, when did the taupe colored interiors come out on R/T's?
    Haha and I thought my truck was missing the molding on the top of the windshield. Good to know it came like that. Kinda had me worried it was gonna start leaking. I think I have read this thread many times and always find something new.
    2003 R/T CC CAI & Exhaust 18" XD Thump wheels More to come!

As far as I can tell only the '98 R/T's came with the tan (camel) interior. This makes me glad that I recently grabbed some camel door panels with power mirror and power locks and windows and infinity speakers in excellent condition at a recent trip to the yard. Never knew they were that rare and I wonder if '01 and up panels came in tan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spence340; 09-08-2014 at 01:27 AM.

As far as I can tell only the '98 R/T's came with the tan (camel) interior. This makes me glad that I recently grabbed some camel door panels with power mirror and power locks and windows and infinity speakers in excellent condition at a recent trip to the yard. Never knew they were that rare and I wonder if '01 and up panels came in tan.
    I've never seen a '98 R/T with a tan interior........

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

These were not off an R/T, anyone out there have the tan interior? It seems that a lot of the '98 R/T's were ordered with the same options and mist gray seems to have been the color of choice for the interior. Maybe when they came out mid year in '98 Dodge had a recommended order sheet that they sent to the dealers.

Status

My 98 rt has a overhead console with the computer. And only has 2 o2 sensors total.
    And my rt is fully loaded with every option power evreything. I think is a little rare most 98 rts ive seen have manual locks & windows.

Status

...not sure if it was mentioned but the Stampede kit was available only on later '03 R/T's....mine is an early product with no kit....xxxxxxxxxxx156785 VIN....

Status

My 98 deep amethyst has only 2 o2 sensors and has the overhead computer and overhead consol with sun glasses and garage opener compartments

Status

Copied from my build sheet and currently own a 2003 RT

*LJ: Seats - Leather High-Back Bucket; -L5: Taupe

Leather was available in 2003 Black or Taupe
    Last edited by Dakota RT CC 03; 09-04-2022 at 09:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4