+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Differences in years

13 Second Club

Status

Oh shit handles did continue
    2002 Dakota R/T CC
    13.75@99.42MPH
    1.7 RR, 160° T-Stat, 4.56 Gears, 52mm TB, Caltracs, Hotchkis TVS, K&N FIPK, M&H Drag Radial, M1 Intake, QA1's Shocks, SCT Tuner, Spintech Mid-Lenght Headers, Spintech True Dual Exhaust, Street Edge Converter, TransGo Shift Kit

---Under Construction---

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Uhh... not sure. I think it continued on. I never really soaked up that much info about the interiors on the newer ones.

Change red RT logos to say on black trucks.

Danno
    HAHA ok. It was red logos on black trucks for 98 trucks too, correct?

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kingst3r View Post
    HAHA ok. It was red logos on black trucks for 98 trucks too, correct?
    red logos = 98,99
    Silver, not white logos on 2000 and newer.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    red logos = 98,99
    Silver, not white logos on 2000 and newer.
    What El Presidente spaketh.....

Danno

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Black Beauty

Status

2001 black trucks had silver decals

Also I had chromies on my 2001 as well
    53mm TB, M1, Spintech Mids/Exhaust, Full Hotchkis TVS and 20" Reps... More to come.

Instagram https://instagram.com/canadian_rt/
    2014 Ram 5.7 - DD
    01 Dakota R/T - Casually Driven
    90 Ram 318 - Show Truck

13 Second Club

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Connery23 View Post
    2001 black trucks had silver decals

Also I had chromies on my 2001 as well
    They probably weren't factory on your truck... Definitly 2002 and 2003
    2002 Dakota R/T CC
    13.75@99.42MPH
    1.7 RR, 160° T-Stat, 4.56 Gears, 52mm TB, Caltracs, Hotchkis TVS, K&N FIPK, M&H Drag Radial, M1 Intake, QA1's Shocks, SCT Tuner, Spintech Mid-Lenght Headers, Spintech True Dual Exhaust, Street Edge Converter, TransGo Shift Kit

98's were 99% all built one way. There was no ordering from the factory in 98, the dealers got shipped what the factory decided to build. There were a VERY few that were optioned differently, but they are very rare. I have only seen 1 98 that had the overhead console.

Ricks Pre Production truck has a console IIRC. I believe that Alans 98 is optioned the same as mine are. This is all off of my fuzzy memory of course
    Blue does have the overhead console.
    I believe all '99 door/cab stickers list a "15 X 8" wheel size.

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Adams View Post
    Blue does have the overhead console.
    I believe all '99 door/cab stickers list a "15 X 8" wheel size.
    Good catch! I had forgotten about that lil "issue" hahaha.

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

DRTC #149

Status

Oh!

I just remembered another small detail.

The V8 Magnum badges were actually available in 2 styles. The original had 2 pins that went through the fender, and the fenders had the holes pre-drilled for this. The 00? and later trucks did NOT have the holes in the fenders, and there were no locating pins on the back of the emblem.

I also believe that there were two different Rams head badges for the hood emblem. I will have to go back and look at my original and a couple of the replacement ones I have. But I think the replacement ones ( after 00 maybe? ) had the more angular styled RAM head with red lettering at the bottom, while the earlier ones were a little more detailed but with less relief in them, and silver dodge lettering.

Status

my rt is an 01 and i have 2 cats and a res in my exhaust. the cats were on each side behind the manifolds and i have 4 o2 sensors. wtf its like the 4.7 setup. whyyyyyyyy

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterDak View Post
    my rt is an 01 and i have 2 cats and a res in my exhaust. the cats were on each side behind the manifolds and i have 4 o2 sensors. wtf
    Thats correct for your year.

13 Second Club

Status

Oh!

I just remembered another small detail.

The V8 Magnum badges were actually available in 2 styles. The original had 2 pins that went through the fender, and the fenders had the holes pre-drilled for this. The 00? and later trucks did NOT have the holes in the fenders, and there were no locating pins on the back of the emblem.

I also believe that there were two different Rams head badges for the hood emblem. I will have to go back and look at my original and a couple of the replacement ones I have. But I think the replacement ones ( after 00 maybe? ) had the more angular styled RAM head with red lettering at the bottom, while the earlier ones were a little more detailed but with less relief in them, and silver dodge lettering.
    2001 and up doesn't have the V8 badge...
    And you're right about the ram logo on the hood... I think it changed in 2002... My brother's 01 had the dodge over the ram head written in white and on my 2002 it was written in red...
    2002 Dakota R/T CC
    13.75@99.42MPH

Not sure if this is a year change or just a RC vs. a CC thing. I have a front sway bar from a 2000 that is a larger diameter than my RC bars, but the 2000 is hollow vs. the solid RC bar.....

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

Good catch! I had forgotten about that lil "issue" hahaha.
    i'm pretty sure my 00's say that as well.
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

I have owned my truck for 14 years and know every inch of it. But every time I come to this forum I learn something new about it. Thanks to all for the info.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Adams View Post
    Not sure if this is a year change or just a RC vs. a CC thing. I have a front sway bar from a 2000 that is a larger diameter than my RC bars, but the 2000 is hollow vs. the solid RC bar.....
    oh!

That was a year thing, I think they went to hollow front bars in 00. The 98-99 front bars were solid.

I forgot about that one too

Status

-Some late 2000 R/T's had the 'old style' cluster but with 7000rpm tachs
    Never heard of that....

-Late 00 models didn't just change radiator covers, entire radiator changed. cap moved from top of radiator to middle of upper hose, radiator shifted forward underneath the crossbar and trans cooler added to bottom opening.
    Just so you know, my truck was manufactured 12/99, and I have the 'new style' radiator setup. Pretty sure that change started at the beginning of the '00 production run, not later on through it.

Also, trans tunnel was changed, so the center consoles of a 98/99 won't fit a '00 and vice-versa.

Also don't think it was mentioned, but IIRC, the trans casing was changed in '01, I think it was narrowed...so you could put a newer trans in an older truck (physically), but not an older trans in a newer truck.
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T
    '91 Graphite Turbo Targa Supra

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

Muscle Of Love

Status

oh!

That was a year thing, I think they went to hollow front bars in 00. The 98-99 front bars were solid.

How can you tell if the bar is hollow? My front bar is pretty damn heavy and feels solid. Truck's a 2000 made around June/1999.

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    How can you tell if the bar is hollow? My front bar is pretty damn heavy and feels solid. Truck's a 2000 made around June/1999.
    00 made in 6-99??? thats odd. Give me the last 9 of the VIn if you would.

Edit: Maybe someone that has both years like Rick can measure both and give us diameters to put in the sticky.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-23-2013 at 06:47 PM.

www.dakotart.com

Status

oh!

This is correct.
    Started in 2000.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    The newer hollow bars are larger diameter.
    You can see the diff if you compare the 2 side by side.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

Edit: Maybe someone that has both years like Rick can measure both and give us diameters to put in the sticky.
    I measure ~1.35" dia. on my 2000 sway bar.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

Muscle Of Love

Status

Your correct, just checked its 11/99. Had a blonde moment, guess I got June on the mind.

My 99 was built 8 of 98 does that seem early or about right?

Quote Originally Posted by chase1500 View Post
    My 99 was built 8 of 98 does that seem early or about right?
    Definately early, but all together possible......

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast