+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Paint needed

Default New Paint needed

Well the time has come and my 99 needs a full repaint.FLA sunshine has killed the clearcoat and it is starting to peel.This year my wife will get a new car and I will drive her 03 Pt as my work ride (100 miles a week).I am looking for any tips to paint the truck myself,$8-10 grand to repaint it is to out of my budget.Cost look like 1500-2000 for paint and other supplies which is ok.I am also looking into having the whole truck media blasted to remove all the old paint. And by the way the wife and I are planning on making the 2013 Nat's(peeling paint and all) and will start work after we get back.Robert

do you have a place around that will rent a paint booth? You are not suppose to spray that stuff in your garage, epa really frowns against it. That being said if you are going to do it, start reading up on the internet about how to paint cars. Get your self some spray guns and some scrap metal and practice. Spray guns are you get what you pay for, I used the astro guns and did not bad on my dart, you have to go slow with them or you will do a lot of wet sanding when you get to the clear. Another option would be to go to body shops in your area and ask if any of the painters are looking for a side job. They might be willing to paint it for you at a reduced rate.
    Rob Dunn
    2000 CC RT 408 With 150 Nitrous
    1976 Panther Pink Dodge Dart LA 360
    20013 Ram Sport Crew Cab Hemi
    2009 Jeep Patroit

Status

hey if you have any questions i am a custom painter. website is www.mcflyart.com all my contact info is on there. i would be happy to help man.

Thanks for the info guys.I have 7-8 months before i get started on this ,just trying to get my ducks in a row so to speak.Local paint shop has paint guns for rent and have found plans for a one time home paint booth(Hot Rod com.)

+ Reply to Thread