Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zcode Performance Supercharger?

Blown and Squirted

Status

$4750 is what you can expect to spend with a compressor, that is comparable to other twin screw supercharger kits being produced today. It is not cheap, but these are all low volume fabricated parts for a market whose sales volume will likely be low. I can't justify tooling up to have things cast for the predicted volumes this community will buy, so it drives the prices up compared to higher volume solutions.

Compared to other power adder kits, keep in mind you won't have to buy (or can sell $$)- Filter, CAI, TB, Intake, and fuel rails. That's over $1k in hardware easy. You buy this kit, and some exhaust, and everything "bolt on" is finished.
    Last edited by Five9Dak; 07-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Enough Show, Need More Go

Status

Alright I catch your drift, what's the avg hp gain? Engine depending I know but say a mild 360

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KyleDedrick View Post
    Alright I catch your drift, what's the avg hp gain? Engine depending I know but say a mild 360
    That data has not been collected yet. As of now there is only one sample running- mine. I also changed the transmission since my last dyno so it won't be a fair comparison. A beta tester will produce independent third party before and after results before the production kits are available.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakfink View Post
    New or Used?
    Used

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KyleDedrick View Post
    So what I'm see is it'll cost 3000, for an Intake,rails,tb and a cold air intake WITHOUT the actual blower.... Looks sweet but my god that seems pricey for something like that. Looking at 5grand with blower. Seems better to go with PIE's turbo setup priced at 5400 with that including headers and a programmed tuner.

Not trying to start anything, and I would much rather have a roots blower over a turbo, but I'm just going with what I see
    his price is very competitive, go look at a kenne bell kit or whipple kit for the chargers/challengers they are $6,000-$7,000 depending on options.

I know Chris will build a bad ass kit that will outperform what kenne bell had back then.

I would also be intrested in the draw through racer set-up that Chris puts together.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Whipple just announced their 2.9 L setup for the LX crowd. It's $7,500 for the tuner kit. 4.5L race setups will be available as well.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Blown and Squirted

Status

While we're talking about price, I want to mention you might need to buy a bigger pulley to slow the blower down. Looks like I'm going to make about 11.3psi with the 6psi pulley. She likes to breathe!

I saw just about 11psi with the throttle only just barely restricting the compressor, with it wide open, it will be a hair more. It's pretty neat to have blower inlet pressure in the datalogs now, very telling. The viper 2x65 throttle body is big enough for a stock 5.9 with exhaust and the "6psi" pulley. The kit will likely come with a 2x70mm BBK, as that is all that is available new. If the buyer wants to source an oem viper throttle body for less (got mine for $125) they can delete the bbk from the kit to reduce the purchase price.
    Last edited by Five9Dak; 08-15-2013 at 09:02 PM.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    While we're talking about price, I want to mention you might need to buy a bigger pulley to slow the blower down. Looks like I'm going to make about 11.3psi with the 6psi pulley. She likes to breathe!

I say just about 11psi with the throttle only just barely restricting the compressor, with it wide open, it will be a hair more.
    Back in the day I talked to a guy on DTO=dodge trucks.org by the name of sleeper. He built a new rear inlet manifold for his KB and with the 6 lb. pulley it made 10lbs. of boost. He said the kb inlet for the dodge trucks was a huge restriction on the blower.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Yeah the KB inlet is a joke.

Same blower, same pulley, same motor, double the boost, lower IATs.

"Bleach Master"

Status

How about making a low mount alternator/ crank trigger pick-up bracket like this;

But for small block mopar that one is for big block mopar.

Blown and Squirted

Status

It probably wouldn't be ready on your time table, it would be a low priority. I do need to figure out a low mount for the AC compressor still.

I have an MSD crank trigger sitting around, I dont recall how it mounts.

"Bleach Master"

Status

It probably wouldn't be ready on your time table, it would be a low priority. I do need to figure out a low mount for the AC compressor still.

I have an MSD crank trigger sitting around, I dont recall how it mounts.
    That's fine just let me know, I'm gonna get the innovators west balance with the crank magnet built into the damper later. For now I'm running a msd dizzy pick-up and ATI damper. But if you make one I will for sure buy one.

I saw just about 11psi with the throttle only just barely restricting the compressor, with it wide open, it will be a hair more. It's pretty neat to have blower inlet pressure in the datalogs now, very telling. The viper 2x65 throttle body is big enough for a stock 5.9 with exhaust and the "6psi" pulley. The kit will likely come with a 2x70mm BBK, as that is all that is available new. If the buyer wants to source an oem viper throttle body for less (got mine for $125) they can delete the bbk from the kit to reduce the purchase price.
    So you did "see" 11lbs of boost, correct? Any noticeable belt slippage? That's some encouraging news, if true.
    10.56@125.45 1.43 60 ft. all motor, all magnum, pump gas, full exhaust.

Status

I keep looking at this 3k I have sitting in an different bank account but I just can't seem to get rid of it in exchange for this kit....lol I'm liking the sound of 10lbs only thing is my new engine is built around 9.1, will 10 be too much for me?
    Like I said at Chrysler nationals I wouldn't mind being a test dummy on a stock motor and stock trans for dyno numbers. Only thing is the only local dyno guy I Dnt trust for shit nd he only does Chevy and ford crap
    The Rides:
    2000 Black & Orange RC R/T (1 of 321)-Project Money Pit-Future ZCode truck
    2000 Flame Red CC R/T (1 of 800)- Light mods, show worthy
    2009 Yamaha Raider Raven 113ci (1900cc)
    2005 Cavalier LS Sport (DD-Canadian Z24 version)
    1953 Buick Skylark (1 of 1,690-estimated less than 50 known to exist)

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by one bad dakota View Post
    So you did "see" 11lbs of boost, correct? Any noticeable belt slippage? That's some encouraging news, if true.
    Real low in the rpm range it can hit 11psi. Once its spun up its more like 10.5ish. That is with the original pulley which made 5.8 on my motor. I don't measure any vacuum on the blower inlet at this blower speed. There is no sign of belt slip. It holds boost and the engine bay doesn't have a spec of belt dust. I've been driving it everyday for almost two weeks at this point. The belt routing is about as good as it gets and the belt length results in high tension with the tensioner almost maxed out. The blower whine is MUCH more pronounced under load.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 00DakFlameRT View Post
    I keep looking at this 3k I have sitting in an different bank account but I just can't seem to get rid of it in exchange for this kit....lol I'm liking the sound of 10lbs only thing is my new engine is built around 9.1, will 10 be too much for me?
    Like I said at Chrysler nationals I wouldn't mind being a test dummy on a stock motor and stock trans for dyno numbers. Only thing is the only local dyno guy I Dnt trust for shit nd he only does Chevy and ford crap

I'll keep you posted. I know you guys are chomping at the bit.

bazinga!

Status

Real low in the rpm range it can hit 11psi. Once its spun up its more like 10.5ish. That is with the original pulley which made 5.8 on my motor. I don't measure any vacuum on the blower inlet at this blower speed. There is no sign of belt slip. It holds boost and the engine bay doesn't have a spec of belt dust. I've been driving it everyday for almost two weeks at this point. The belt routing is about as good as it gets and the belt length results in high tension with the tensioner almost maxed out. The blower whine is MUCH more pronounced under load.
    Got a vid of the sound?
    Dreamer, nothing but a dreamer

Blown and Squirted

Status

I'm working with a guy to do a really nice video. I don't have anything right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2