+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 National Meet Update - Please Read - New Schedule as of 7/21

R/Tless...for now

Status

Default 2008 National Meet Update - Please Read - New Schedule as of 7/21

First off, I want to give a big thanks to Rob and the MI crew for all of the hard work that they have put into the meet, you guys rock. And just so everyone knows, the meet is still on, we just have some changes.

We are not going to be able to hold the autox this year. The local SCCA chapter that was going to run it for us doesn't want to use the lot that we had secured, due to obstacles in the lot (islands and light poles), and we were unable to get another lot.

We are also very low on registration #'s, so we probably won't be able to do the private track rental. As of right now we're planning on just racing that normal Friday night T&T at Milan. If enough trucks show up to cover the private rental, we'll decide if we can still do it. But as of right now, this is the new schedule of events we're going with:

Day 1 August 13th
    Open registration. You all can still come in early and we (Michigan Chapter) will be more than happy to show you the sites.

Day 2 August 14th
    9am-11am = Viper Plant Tour.
    12pm-5pm = Show-n-Shine at the Chrysler Museum.
    5pm-??? = Cruise Woodward.

Day 3 August 15th
    10am-3pm = Cruise to Hell for lunch.
    4pm-??? = KOS at Milan Dragway.

Day 4 August 16th
    8am-??? = Cruisin Woodward ALL Day.

Registration costs have been lowered to $75, anyone who has already paid the original cost will recieve a refund.
    Last edited by bad360rt; 07-21-2008 at 01:05 PM.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Your wife loves my truck

Status

Sorry guys Im going have to bail out on this one. I just can't see spending the $$$ in gas to get there, hotel for 5 nights, food,more gas for all the cruising now planned, and 4 of my vacation days. I'd be (like most im sure) be spending around $1000, and the 4 days of vacation when all said and done.
    Too much for a Show-n-Shine and Cruising, IMO.

Just spent the week end in Lawrenceville IL. @ Bowler Transmissions Day at the track show(2 day event). Show entery fee was $25 included SCCA sponsered auto-x, drag racing, show-n-shine, Cruise-in, and alot of free grub. Total out of pocket (including one night in a hotel) was about $250 for me, and no vacation time. Maybe we should try to focus on our local chapters getting together maybe once or twice a season at shows like the one I mentioned above. Would aleviate (sp?) anyone from having to plan a large event that falls apart in the final hour due to poor attendance.
    Gas prices aren't going down, and I'm sure most of us have not seen significant cost of living increases to offset them.
    Bill

The only downfall to owning this sweet ass truck... I don't get to see it rolling down the road.

R/Tless...for now

Status

You're right, we just can't compete with big shows that have corporate sponsors. We'll keep doing what we can, but maybe smaller local meets are what we need to look at for the future.

But for now, I'm gonna go to Detroit next month and enjoy a great meet.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

Dave does the registration Costs cover the Musem entry, Vipor plant tour fee or the Milan dragway entry fee etc or is that above the $75.00 meet cost?

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted R/T View Post
    Sorry guys Im going have to bail out on this one. I just can't see spending the $$$ in gas to get there, hotel for 5 nights, food,more gas for all the cruising now planned, and 4 of my vacation days. I'd be (like most im sure) be spending around $1000, and the 4 days of vacation when all said and done.
    Too much for a Show-n-Shine and Cruising, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtspeeddemon View Post
    Dave does the registration Costs cover the Musem entry, Vipor plant tour fee or the Milan dragway entry fee etc or is that above the $75.00 meet cost?
    with the limited attendance we have to cover the costs of awards, catering, etc somehow. Hey KJ, your the first one Damon thought of when comming up with this plan.

Just spent the week end in Lawrenceville IL. @ Bowler Transmissions Day at the track show(2 day event). Show entery fee was $25 included SCCA sponsered auto-x, drag racing, show-n-shine, Cruise-in, and alot of free grub. Total out of pocket (including one night in a hotel) was about $250 for me, and no vacation time. Maybe we should try to focus on our local chapters getting together maybe once or twice a season at shows like the one I mentioned above. Would aleviate (sp?) anyone from having to plan a large event that falls apart in the final hour due to poor attendance.
    Gas prices aren't going down, and I'm sure most of us have not seen significant cost of living increases to offset them.
    Bill
    and how many people attended this event? how many companies sponsored this event?

another thing you guys haven't thought about.... with the low attendance number i'm sure there will be plenty of sponsor giveaways that are $75 or more.
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

Your wife loves my truck

Status

Quote Originally Posted by uwntsumrtII View Post
    with the limited attendance we have to cover the costs of awards, catering, etc somehow. Hey KJ, your the first one Damon thought of when comming up with this plan.

and how many people attended this event? how many companies sponsored this event?

another thing you guys haven't thought about.... with the low attendance number i'm sure there will be plenty of sponsor giveaways that are $75 or more.
    Please don't take anything I said personal. I know you have worked hard to put this together. I was simply stateing(since I had already registered, and didn't want you to have a false count) where I am at personally, and giving some suggestion for the future. Personally (in the last year and a half )I have lost a job making $50K + per year, and I am now making less than half that. I know I'm not the only one taking hits like this, and with no real end in sight on soaring gas prices I think my suggestion makes since. You said it in your question to me "how many corporate sponsers?" Quite a few, so lets let them foot the bill. I know its not an answer for this meet, just food for thought.
    Sorry if I offended, it was not my intention.
    Bill

The only downfall to owning this sweet ass truck... I don't get to see it rolling down the road.

I'm still coming, I had registered and paid already. The refunds will be administered how? Through PayPal, or in person at the meet? or another way?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rt_1of93 View Post
    I'm still coming, I had registered and paid already. The refunds will be administered how? Through PayPal, or in person at the meet? or another way?
    not sure how they worked that detail out yet.

not sure how they worked that detail out yet.
    Thanks Rob!

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

I hear ya...LOL Well like a lot of people in North America many of us are feeling the squeeze and simply don't have big money to A: travel to the events. B: cover hotel costs C: fuel costs and the list goes on.

$75.00 makes it much more affordable and you can count me in for a Friday/Saturday appearance.

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Day 3 August 15th

If KOS means Kind of Street, you can't rightly award one without an auto x.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

junior my ass

Status

Anybody caravaning I-80/I-90-94 east bound (wisc,iowa,n.ill) pm me and will hook up.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    Day 3 August 15th

If KOS means Kind of Street, you can't rightly award one without an auto x.
    King of the Street, that's what Milan calls there normal Fri night brackets.

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

King of the Street, that's what Milan calls there normal Fri night brackets.
    Ahh ha, that makes sense then.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

Default Hell and back to Hell

Looking foward to it boys...
    I don't care how many people are in attendance. I'm going to be part of this club from beginning to end.

Draggin Durango

Status

Hey guys.
    Since I'm paid in full. Please use my 75 dollars refund towards the event. buy something for the giveaway or even a cash giveaway for the raffle. I don't care how you use it, but just put it to good work to make the event a great time. I would rather have a great time than worry about getting it back.

I hope it doesn't rain this weekend so I get to track test the truck so I can make the event.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dkboyny11 View Post

I don't care how many people are in attendance. I'm going to be part of this club from beginning to end.
    right on!!! that's the kind of spirit we need!!!

i wasn't there in the beginning, but i didn't miss it by much. and i'm sure i'll be here till the end.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Hey guys.
    Since I'm paid in full. Please use my 75 dollars refund towards the event. buy something for the giveaway or even a cash giveaway for the raffle. I don't care how you use it, but just put it to good work to make the event a great time. I would rather have a great time than worry about getting it back.

I hope it doesn't rain this weekend so I get to track test the truck so I can make the event.
    SWEET!! thanks Dave . hell, you might even get it back in one way or another, hehehe

DRTC #311

Status

i registered- but haven't sent paypal yet...

what's the addy? i dont believe it showed up on the reg. form since i chose m.o/check

i'm not 100% going, but i damn sure am gonna try. i spend every day in the garage after work trying to get her ready. and all night looking for trailers. if i end up not going--- of course, keep my $$ also...

but like i said.... whats the paypal addy?
    pete

Status

Ill be there thats all that matters LOL
    Scott

F&B 52mm, K&N Intake, Dual Maganaflow muffs and cats,M1,Doug Thorley Headers

Status

I will be there no matter what. I missed St Louis, I sure as hell am not missing this years meet or Woodward!
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

R/Tless...for now

Status

Amen brotha! We're gonna have a great time, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Hey guys.

Thanks Dave. Hope the weather holds out for you.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

Hey Rob I need your addy. PM it to me or whatever. I'm not gonna have a chance to bring you the prizes so I'll just ship them. I plan on being at Milan (unless my ring and pinion job goes bad)and for the dream cruise.
    MIKE

MY BILLET SLIDESHOW

Dave how do I preregister now and not pay the 150.00 but the 75.00 instead.
    I am coming for this because it may be one of the last. And will still be a blast.ED

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by silver2001 View Post
    Dave how do I preregister now and not pay the 150.00 but the 75.00 instead.
    I am coming for this because it may be one of the last. And will still be a blast.ED
    Hey Ed, I was just getting ready to send a message to Todd saying that we need to change the registration form. Just submit the registration form as-is and pay 75.00, either paypal or check.

And you're right, we're still gonna have a great time

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast