+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing for "Pink Slips" on Tuesday!

Besides the "lt4 upgrades" (I'm assuming he has the entire lt4 package- heads, cam, rockers, and intake) and long tubes, what other mods does he have?

The factory lt-4 was only 330hp at the crank, I don't see adding only longtubes and making 350 at the wheels.

Also- is there gonna be somebody watching the finish for the winner, or going off the timers? I would hate to see you beat on a hole-shot, you should make it clear that the first one across the line wins in order to take advantage of his lack of experience.

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

bet he doesn't pay up if you win
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed's R/T - Yaaaay View Post
    bet he doesn't pay up if you win
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

Manual trans + no experience = you win.
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    Manual trans + no experience = you win.
    I agree...Especially in the 1/8th.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    Most inexperienced racers will wait for the green light on the tree.
    You'll have a .5 sec advantage right off the launch.

He'll have a helluva time trying to launch without spinning. More advantage.
    Like Chris said, he'll have very little time to make up for it in the 1/8th.

IF the guy's never been to the track before - he's in for a huge disappointment in what he thinks his traction will be like if he's on street tires. Of course, somebody could recommend to him that he really launch it hard to get the best time. 5,000 rpm and sidestep the clutch should work JUUUSSSSTTTT fine.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    IF the guy's never been to the track before - he's in for a huge disappointment in what he thinks his traction will be like if he's on street tires. Of course, somebody could recommend to him that he really launch it hard to get the best time. 5,000 rpm and sidestep the clutch should work JUUUSSSSTTTT fine.
    ^ of course. The track will stick like glue, right? they spray that VHT and shit, right? Just give her hell and don't even worry about traction. Hell, 8,000HP top fuel cars can hook on the track, right?

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wyotech_cuda440 View Post
    Besides the "lt4 upgrades" (I'm assuming he has the entire lt4 package- heads, cam, rockers, and intake) and long tubes, what other mods does he have?

The factory lt-4 was only 330hp at the crank, I don't see adding only longtubes and making 350 at the wheels.

Also- is there gonna be somebody watching the finish for the winner, or going off the timers? I would hate to see you beat on a hole-shot, you should make it clear that the first one across the line wins in order to take advantage of his lack of experience.
    It has LT4 heads, LT4 intake, LT4 Hot cam, springs, bigger TB, and longtubes. This combo usually nets around 400hp to the flywheel. I don't think it was properly tuned which is a plus for me. We are racing to the finish line. Even if he cuts a faster ET, if I get the holeshot then I win. It will be video taped by several people and will clearly show who gets the win light.
    -In search of a clean R/T!!

Daily Driver- 2012 Ram 2500 4x4, Deleted 6.7L 6 speed, 5" lift, 22x12 Ion Alloy 183s, 35x12.50-22 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

So who is holding the titles?

DRTC #1064

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Pics of titties?

Oh titles....Nevermind.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Pics of titties?

Oh titles....Nevermind.
    I can post a pic of my titties...

DRTC #1064

Quote Originally Posted by Anorexic R/T View Post
    It has LT4 heads, LT4 intake, LT4 Hot cam, springs, bigger TB, and longtubes. This combo usually nets around 400hp to the flywheel. I don't think it was properly tuned which is a plus for me. We are racing to the finish line. Even if he cuts a faster ET, if I get the holeshot then I win. It will be video taped by several people and will clearly show who gets the win light.
    I chuckle every time I see someone brag they have the LT4 'hot cam', heads and intake. Anyone who does that swap these days is wasting their money. The intake is worth about 5-10hp at best (even the junk ass Edelbrock LT1/LT4 intake only makes 5-10hp over stock), the hot cam is pretty tame by today's standards and the LT4 heads can easily be outdone by a set of iron LT1 heads by a good porter (such as Lloyd Elliot).

If he can't drive, you should be able to beat him, chances are he's going to blow the tires off from being nervous or not having a clue.
    HTTP://WWW.BRIANESSER.COM
    2000 Dodge Dakota RC, 5.3/4L80e, Twin 69mm, A2W, 2x44mm Gates/50mm BOV, E85, MS3x/Microsquirt

HTTP://WWW.PART-TRACE.COM
    Casting Number Database Project - Over 11,000 Casting, Part #, Engine ID and RPO Numbers

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    A mutual friend will hold the titles.

Daily Driver- 2012 Ram 2500 4x4, Deleted 6.7L 6 speed, 5" lift, 22x12 Ion Alloy 183s, 35x12.50-22 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd Crude and Tattooed View Post
    I got $50 and your k&n for sale add before you loose it.

Good luck.
    Lol. I need to have a mod close the K&N and Hypertech ad. I'm going to keep them at least til after the season.

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Esser View Post
    I chuckle every time I see someone brag they have the LT4 'hot cam', heads and intake. Anyone who does that swap these days is wasting their money. The intake is worth about 5-10hp at best (even the junk ass Edelbrock LT1/LT4 intake only makes 5-10hp over stock), the hot cam is pretty tame by today's standards and the LT4 heads can easily be outdone by a set of iron LT1 heads by a good porter (such as Lloyd Elliot).

If he can't drive, you should be able to beat him, chances are he's going to blow the tires off from being nervous or not having a clue.
    I hope you are right. I've read on the LS1-LT1 forums about people making good power out of that combo. My friend that specializes in LT1 cars says between 330-400whp out of that combo but it depends on the tuner and if the cam was degreed in properly.

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

A well seasoned racer against a new racer with 2 time trial under his belt, will definitely put the odds in your favor. If he knew better than to wait for the light to turn green before he left you would be in deep doo doo, because e.t.'s aside, his mph will be higher.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    A well seasoned racer against a new racer with 2 time trial under his belt, will definitely put the odds in your favor. If he knew better than to wait for the light to turn green before he left you would be in deep doo doo, because e.t.'s aside, his mph will be higher.
    I think even if he did wait til green and went he would still fight traction issues. If he doesn't spin and he launches easy, I don't think the car makes enough power to catch me in the 1/8th mile. He also has to worry about missing gears. Idk... We will find out tomorrow. He has half of our town going to be there. lol I'm having a friend drive one of my other trucks and an empty car hauler just in case.

I hope you are right. I've read on the LS1-LT1 forums about people making good power out of that combo. My friend that specializes in LT1 cars says between 330-400whp out of that combo but it depends on the tuner and if the cam was degreed in properly.
    If it's not been tuned, he's screwed. That thing will fall on it's face.
    2000 Dodge Dakota RC, 5.3/4L80e, Twin 69mm, A2W, 2x44mm Gates/50mm BOV, E85, MS3x/Microsquirt

Casting Number Database Project - Over 11,000 Casting, Part #, Engine ID and RPO Numbers

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

I hope you lose.

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    I hope you lose.
    Lol. Thanks for the inspiration.

I hope you lose.
    you're an asshole

Must be SPC

Status

I hope you lose.
    Sorry, but I'm with with Robby!

BLACK '02 RC R/T (BLACK N BITTER) 12.5 @ 109 mph. Under the knife again.
    '99 IB RC R/T (Sabrina's truck) 13.8 @ 96 mph SOLD!
    '10 B5 blue pearl Challenger R/T Classic edition. Totaled!!! FML!!!
    '98 CC R/T Bought wrecked. Restoring it.
    '05 WRANGLER (DD)
    '05 HARLEY FXDCI

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

Lol. Thanks for the inspiration.

Seems like a stupied wager. Either party loses in the end. WTF am I going to do with an LT1 Camaro?????????

Quote Originally Posted by wyotech_cuda440 View Post
    you're an asshole

Must be SPC
    What's SPC?

Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    Sorry, but I'm with with Robby!
    Thank you.

I have some Jonnie Walker. Thought you'd be proud.

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

SPC- Short People Complex

It just makes you a mean person that hates everyone and everything

JK, love ya Robby!

Seems like a stupied wager. Either party loses in the end. WTF am I going to do with an LT1 Camaro?????????
    Tune it, and go spank R/T's?

Oh, and it's spelled 'stupid'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast