+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing for "Pink Slips" on Tuesday!

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Default Racing for "Pink Slips" on Tuesday!

Well guys,

Either I will no longer be an R/T owner (I will buy another) or I will be the new owner of a 97 Camaro SS this upcoming Tuesday night.

After about 6 years of a guy running his mouth about pretty much everything he owns I'm finally tired of hearing it. I called him out the other day and he accepted my challenge. We will be racing at the local 1/8th mile drag strip "Pinks style". We will be running be 2 out of 3 Heads-Up to see who wins.

I will be racing my R/T vs his 1997 Camaro SS, LT4 upgrades, Longtubes, 6 speed manual, with 4.10 gears. He will be on a set of new Nitto 555R tires.

Obviously his car is faster but we will be racing of the tree and he has NEVER made a pass down the drag strip. I am allowing him (and me) 2 time trial runs to try to get it figured out... Then we race. I have over 6,000 passes under my belt. I have made over 200 in the R/T. I typically cut between a .03x to a .12x reaction. He has a 100% stock suspension car and a stock 10 bolt other than gears. I don't think he will cut a good light or 60ft very well but we will see.

Wish me luck!
    -In search of a clean R/T!!

Daily Driver- 2012 Ram 2500 4x4, Deleted 6.7L 6 speed, 5" lift, 22x12 Ion Alloy 183s, 35x12.50-22 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

Accumulating parts...

Status

So does reaction time come into factor, or just best time?
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

SpoR/T driver

Status

You're about to get hosed lol

'98 RC/SB - Hellcat/6 Speed Swapped
    10.18@139.8mph
    '00 AF RC R/T Under Construction!
    '01 IB RC R/T Under Construction!
    '99 SY CC R/T Sold
    '00 AF RC R/T Sold
    DRTC Member #1181

Status

Good luck. On paper that SS is a sure thing. Think I would of put a little cash down at most instead of the title.
    - Mark

2001 Dakota R/T - HCI and a few other things.
    Broken again... Rebuild underway.

Status

Wow, good luck! The Camaro starts out about 600 pounds lighter than your RC. Unless he's a horrible driver, you're gonna have your hands full.
    Wishing you the best.

Status

Risky risky. Good luck tho!
    "Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul." -Biker Boyz

1999 intense blue regular cab r/t

Old setup: 408, fully forged, half filled block, eddy heads, m1, 236/232 116 .612 cam, 3600 stall, BW S480 turbo, 4" exhaust, 12lbs boost, Flyin' Ryan tuned.

New setup: 345 gen3 hemi, Manley forged pistons & rods, 6.1 crank, 6.1 heads, 6.1 cam, Ritter intake, 727 w/t-brake, BW S480 turbo, Holley dominator efi.

Still building: 5.7 based forged 392 stroker, custom cam, thitek heads, twin s480s, all the boost.

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

He will fold under pressure, miss 2nd, and then bitch out giving the car to you.

That's my assumption.

DRTC #1064

I'm guessing his car may run 8.80s maybe from what I've seen out of those cars around here and beings he dosent race on at the strip much I'm gonna second what user said. But wait didn't you just buy a vortech?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Filthy Filbert
    Nope. No engineers here. We're all just a buncha dum red neck monkeys scratching our asses and flinging poo at each other, wondering why our magnums are slow, expensive, and can't get good MPGs

Status

In your sig you have 8.81 in the 1/8 at 89? you sure thats not 79 mph? 89 seems like alot for your mods unless you are spraying and spinning . You have a good chance if you are that good on the tree! I hope he is not out practice launching in preparation for the race!

Vortech V-3, 52mm TB, EQ Heads, "R/T" Cam, MSaine VB, 2800 Stall, HS 1.7's, 11.6 @ 119 in 1/4

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    So does reaction time come into factor, or just best time?
    Reaction time will play a huge role. I can gain anywhere from 1 tenth all the way to a full second head start just by being good off the tree. That's one of my major advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by tcuillier View Post
    Wow, good luck! The Camaro starts out about 600 pounds lighter than your RC. Unless he's a horrible driver, you're gonna have your hands full.
    Wishing you the best.
    His car is 3,680lbs to my 3,820lbs. Coming from one of my very experienced F-body enthusiast... His car is about 340whp. With a good driver his car would be capable of an 8.70 to an 8.50. This is with a good 60ft though.

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    He will fold under pressure, miss 2nd, and then bitch out giving the car to you.

That's my assumption.
    Thanks... That's what we are hoping for. This guy is a very nervous person off the track. He is also a terrible driver. He is going to have to figure out the burnout, figure out how to stage, figure out the tree, figure out the launch, and not miss a gear. That's a lot to worry about with only 2 time trial passes. Also his car is going to be very hard to launch and control wheel hop with it being stock suspension. I see him breaking and if it breaks... It's mine also.

Daily Driver- 2012 Ram 2500 4x4, Deleted 6.7L 6 speed, 5" lift, 22x12 Ion Alloy 183s, 35x12.50-22 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

Time to install a nitrous kit.
    SinCity R/T
    01 SV CC R/T * 03 BK CC R/T * 03 BW RC R/T * 98 BK RC R/T * 99 DA CC R/T * 03 BW CC R/T

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CNTHOOK View Post
    I'm guessing his car may run 8.80s maybe from what I've seen out of those cars around here and beings he dosent race on at the strip much I'm gonna second what user said. But wait didn't you just buy a vortech?
    I think you are right on that time. Yes I bought a Vortech but I am not going to put it on before the race. We are not allowed to make a single change to the vehicles before the race. Both vehicles have been inspected as will be inspected again before the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang4theBuck View Post
    In your sig you have 8.81 in the 1/8 at 89? you sure thats not 79 mph? 89 seems like alot for your mods unless you are spraying and spinning . You have a good chance if you are that good on the tree! I hope he is not out practice launching in preparation for the race!
    Good catch! Sig has been changed. It is 79mph. I'm pretty good off the tree. In the last 5 weeks I have brought home 6 trophies. He can practice all he wants but once he is under pressure it's gonna be a lot different.

Blown and Squirted

Status

He won't have much time to make up any ground lost from the tree/60 in 1/8 mile racing. I think you'll nose him out.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

If you tree him the first race he will redlight the second.

Trueblue R/T Drtc#204
    Lowest CC Houston
    2nd lowest Topeka
    slow but who cares

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    He won't have much time to make up any ground lost from the tree/60 in 1/8 mile racing. I think you'll nose him out.
    That's what I'm thinking. I beat a lot of high HP cars that don't have the Driver mod. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue R/T View Post
    If you tree him the first race he will redlight the second.
    I agree. I don't think he realizes how hard it is to cut a good light. Especially with no experience.

Blown and Squirted

Status

You will be on ET streets, right?

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

Status

Pics or it didn't happen.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

You better tree him or you're done for.
    HTTP://WWW.BRIANESSER.COM
    2000 Dodge Dakota RC, 5.3/4L80e, Twin 69mm, A2W, 2x44mm Gates/50mm BOV, E85, MS3x/Microsquirt

HTTP://WWW.PART-TRACE.COM
    Casting Number Database Project - Over 11,000 Casting, Part #, Engine ID and RPO Numbers

Status

I'm interested. Post pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

Addicted to Speed!

Status

You will be on ET streets, right?
    Yes sir. My truck dead hooks from a 1,600rpm. I'll post videos after the race. If he comes by my shop I'll take pics of the car.

Blown and Squirted

Status

You made it clear that a redlight is a loss, right?

Addicted to Speed!

Status

I did. Also if he breaks its a loss. I don't know if anyone on here knows F body's but stock suspension, stock torque arm, and stock 10 bolt with drag radials and high hp is a no no.

Pumpkin Truck Driver

Status

But, but, but chase is a race.
    -John

old car, old Jeeps, old truck, new F30

www.dakotart.com

Status

Most inexperienced racers will wait for the green light on the tree.
    You'll have a .5 sec advantage right off the launch.

He'll have a helluva time trying to launch without spinning. More advantage.
    Like Chris said, he'll have very little time to make up for it in the 1/8th.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Addicted to Speed!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    Most inexperienced racers will wait for the green light on the tree.
    You'll have a .5 sec advantage right off the launch.

He'll have a helluva time trying to launch without spinning. More advantage.
    Like Chris said, he'll have very little time to make up for it in the 1/8th.

Thats what I'm hoping for. If we were racing 1/4 mile or if it was an automatic I would've never called him out. There is just too much for him to screw up. It's gonna be hard for an inexperienced driver.

Thanks everyone for the good luck. I guess we will all know by tomorrow around 8pm Central time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast