+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 338 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 8434

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    Ernie, if you want to get one locally you might try Pac-Trans in Terrace Heights or A&B on Washington. Glad you finally got it out.
    I know Mike, I went to Tidricks and I got the front and rear seals for $12 yesterday should of asked for a grommet while I was there ! So if it isn’t hard to pull a trans on a gravel driveway, I reinstalled it today , alone ! Got 2 bolts in and called it a night ! Hope to get most of it back together tomorrow

Status

stared at her in the driveway, then decided to do some part shopping haha...this is gonna be bad on my wallet!

Put on e q heads and new cam today

Finally waited a long time to work on my truck

Status

So, I got the truck buttoned up, I put the msaine 3000 back in it, I put the stock crossmember back in it for now just I can get it started and moving, changed the oil in the engine and dropped 6 quarts in the trans, again just to get it started , well I went to start it, and it acts like it wants to start but stumbles, only thing I can think is, I hit the cam sensor, I don’t remember I did and the wires aren’t pinched, is that pretty hard to swap out with the trans installed? This sucks, this is the first time this has happened to me

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Cam sensor is in the distributor, so that's pretty easy. Crankshaft position sensor is a little tight, but not super hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    So, I got the truck buttoned up, I put the msaine 3000 back in it, I put the stock crossmember back in it for now just I can get it started and moving, changed the oil in the engine and dropped 6 quarts in the trans, again just to get it started , well I went to start it, and it acts like it wants to start but stumbles, only thing I can think is, I hit the cam sensor, I don’t remember I did and the wires aren’t pinched, is that pretty hard to swap out with the trans installed? This sucks, this is the first time this has happened to me
    Ernie it's not bad with front tire off and the fender well removed.
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Status

Piece of cake guys, pulled the trans dipstick, used a TB40 torx bit and a 6” extension, took longer to unplug the harness, swapped it out in 20 minutes from the top, and it fired right up, it looked like I had scraped the end of the magnet
    https://imgur.com/a/f8wWRGH

Replaced driver side hub assembly and header gasket.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Mine is back to a driver. New fuel pump, the bed is back on, the rear suspension/spring mounts tightened once it was on the ground, bled the brakes, changed the oil, installed my Canton filter plate and Hubb reusable oil filter, buttoned up the exhaust and re-installed the driveshaft with new u-joints.
    The old paper gasket on the OE filter plate was a bitch to remove with the truck on jack stands, working from below. The arthritis in my fingers made for a pain in the ass to hold the razor blade and twist my hand into position to work the gasket free from the block.
    The OE fuel pump has a Walbro tag on it, I've never heard they were an OE supplier.
    I'm liking the new leaf springs from what I drove the truck today. They are nowhere near as stiff as the OE's although they could have had an inch or so less arch. I am installed in the middle hole on the front spring mount, will likely end up raising the spring to the top mount. I need to get it out on a road trip and see how my back feels after a couple of hours on the road, initial impression is they will be better.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Now I’m havibg problems with the starter, it clicks 2-3 times, then if I barely turn the key it starts, mind you, just like the crank sensor, it’s the original one on the truck

Removed the plastidip on my wheels and cleaned the exhaust tips.

drove mine this weekend

Status

Got it off the ramps & jack stands, started, and warmed her up and topped off the trans, took her for a drive around 2-3 blocks around the house and gave it a quick rinse off at the car wash down the street, since it doesn’t have tabs I didn’t pull her out to the highway, hopefully before the end of the week though, all in all it shifts and runs fine ... so far ! Fingers crossed

"Bleach Master"

Status

Finished the gauge cluster, started working on the dash.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

received my F&B throttle bodie lever . there was a batch with wrong levers installed you can clearly see my tb had the wrong lever installed . the new lever looks like crap

Status

Got it off the ramps & jack stands, started, and warmed her up and topped off the trans, took her for a drive around 2-3 blocks around the house and gave it a quick rinse off at the car wash down the street, since it doesn’t have tabs I didn’t pull her out to the highway, hopefully before the end of the week though, all in all it shifts and runs fine ... so far ! Fingers crossed
    Woohoo! Good job! Bet it feels good driving her again. Is your starter covered in trans fluid by chance? It may have a contact that is oil fouled. Stupid story here...I had my Kirby vacuum apart putting in a new rotor/fan thingamabob. I thought to myself, the on/off switch has been a little hard turning on/off. So, I gave it a shot of WD40 (inside). I got it all back together and guess what? No power. Took it all back apart and narrowed the power lose to the switch. I had to drill out rivets to open it and sure enough, the little contact points were soaked in oil! I carefully cleaned them, used small screws-n-nuts to reassemble the housing and it worked! Maybe the solenoid is fouled.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

"Bleach Master"

Status

Ordered some roll bar clamps to mount my gauge cluster too and some LED bulbs for all my auto meter gauges
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Before I reinstalled it , I blew brakekleen inside and all around it , the past 2-3 days it’s been starting fine, I new to get the tabs so I can get it out on the road though

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Put it on the back burner for the time being, I've got my pallet of horsepower and heartache

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Bad ass, is that turbo setup going on the dart ?

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Bad ass, is that turbo setup going on the dart ?
    No that's the motor for the R/T, Just thought it would make a good picture having everything together, and that's just a Vortech V1 not a turbo.

AAAAAAAAAND it's a Plymouth Scamp FYI

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Got Beer?

Status

Put the engine back in and put the converter bolts in. That was the extent of my effort today. Maybe a sensor here and a sensor there in the future.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osee View Post
    No that's the motor for the R/T, Just thought it would make a good picture having everything together, and that's just a Vortech V1 not a turbo.

AAAAAAAAAND it's a Plymouth Scamp FYI
    I read the fender badge “Scamp” idk why my dumbass said dart !
    Do you have all the setup for that vortech ?

DAKRT56

Status

Finally got my Canton plate installed! Also changed out trans fluid, oil, put a new set of pads and one new caliper on it (other caliper was new the last year I actually drove it).

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 338 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 ... LastLast