+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 338 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 8434

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

-Zen-

Status

Scored a NIB reflexxions steel cowl hood for $125 to replace my rust farm hood.
    This will be my 4th one so far - put 3 on my '01 (replaced it a few times due to hail damage/teaching lil bro to drive), and the first one for my '00 RT
    Last edited by ZenDak; 09-10-2018 at 04:09 PM.

You install that M-1 yet?

-Zen-

Status

lol - not yet! It's holding a shelf down, and keeping the hood company for now.
    Hope you've been well!

1st drive of the R/T after Martin Saine built the transmission. Took it to work this morning and let me tell you I absolutely love it. I can not wait till this break in period is over so I can see what she really can do!

"Bleach Master"

Status

Pulled the exhaust off, took the air cleaner off, drained the 93 pump gas out of the fuel cell, put two nitrous bottles in the passenger seat....
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Broke 70k miles

Not today but Saturday. Replaced a broken valve spring.

Second time this has happened. Good thing I bought an extra.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

"Bleach Master"

Status

Sunday, driving home from friend house in the R/T, just abut to get off onto my exit from 295 onto I10 and all the sudden the engine starts to make a very loud banging noise. I thought the exhaust fell off at first, then I started cussing thinking a rod bearing went. As I drove though I noticed it wasn't repetitive enough so figured maybe something in the valve train. I just kept driving it as I was close to home and what ever damage it had was already done. As I drive I get off onto a side road, as I'm driving down side road and about three miles from home the noise completely stops..... Still has a slight miss and still the oil pressure is reading very low, back into driveway and push it into the garage. I'm freaking out and hit up Eddie, he thinks same thing has to be valvetrain but low oil pressure is weird. Pull passenger side valve cover and first thing I see is a broke rocker arm, never been so glad to see a broke rocker in my life. After I remove rocker and find the pushrod(which looked fine) I notice one of my lifters is pushed out of it's bore, that was why the oil pressure gauge was reading rally low. The oil pressure sender is fed oil from the oil pump at the passenger side lifer oil galley, so it would never see pressure but the engine bearings were still being fed oil.
    So I will be replacing the rockers, going to replace and upgrade the lifters while I'm in there and double check the engine bearings.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    Not today but Saturday. Replaced a broken valve spring.
    Second time this has happened. Good thing I bought an extra.

Lucky that valve didn't drop.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Sunday, driving home from friend house in the R/T, just abut to get off onto my exit from 295 onto I10 and all the sudden the engine starts to make a very loud banging noise. I thought the exhaust fell off at first, then I started cussing thinking a rod bearing went. As I drove though I noticed it wasn't repetitive enough so figured maybe something in the valve train. I just kept driving it as I was close to home and what ever damage it had was already done. As I drive I get off onto a side road, as I'm driving down side road and about three miles from home the noise completely stops..... Still has a slight miss and still the oil pressure is reading very low, back into driveway and push it into the garage. I'm freaking out and hit up Eddie, he thinks same thing has to be valvetrain but low oil pressure is weird. Pull passenger side valve cover and first thing I see is a broke rocker arm, never been so glad to see a broke rocker in my life. After I remove rocker and find the pushrod(which looked fine) I notice one of my lifters is pushed out of it's bore, that was why the oil pressure gauge was reading rally low. The oil pressure sender is fed oil from the oil pump at the passenger side lifer oil galley, so it would never see pressure but the engine bearings were still being fed oil.
    So I will be replacing the rockers, going to replace and upgrade the lifters while I'm in there and double check the engine bearings.
    Chalk it up to a fluke? Changing brand of rockers?

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Sunday, driving home from friend house in the R/T, just abut to get off onto my exit from 295 onto I10 and all the sudden the engine starts to make a very loud banging noise. So I will be replacing the rockers, going to replace and upgrade the lifters while I'm in there and double check the engine bearings.
    Be glad it happened now and during drag week.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Chalk it up to a fluke? Changing brand of rockers?
    No, I'm staying with T&D, they have a better oil feed set-up on them than Jesel's "spray and pray" also these rockers are very old and been through hell. I will replace them with another set of T&D's and set these off as spares.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Be glad it happened now and during drag week.
    Oh, I'm very glad this didn't happen during drag week, I wouldn't been able to finish.

Done adjusting the brakes. I also ordered Nitto tires from 4wheelonline.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by karlmagnum View Post
    Done adjusting the brakes. I also ordered Nitto tires from 4wheelonline.
    What Nittos did you get? Size?
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

After countless hours in the shop the engine and drivetrain are done. Heading to test n tune in Gainesville when construction gets done at the track. looks like they will just finish for the GATORNATIONALS . this thing sounds fantastic just need a tune. but just spent my money on a twin post lift. now I have to install it.

Supporting Vendor

Status

I finally rebuilt the Pexto PX-36 finger brake I got out of a picker’s yard that was a rusted sold hunk of steel and iron. It still shows scars from years of improper use but now everything moves freely. Now I need to make some handles and a back-guide. I also have to make a stand for it so I can put it to use.

How is this R/T related? I need it to make my oil pan and air cleaner.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Status

Nice job on the resto!

GPz550 Addict

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    I finally rebuilt the Pexto PX-36 finger brake I got out of a picker’s yard that was a rusted sold hunk of steel and iron. It still shows scars from years of improper use but now everything moves freely. Now I need to make some handles and a back-guide. I also have to make a stand for it so I can put it to use.

How is this R/T related? I need it to make my oil pan and air cleaner.

Oil pan???
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Supporting Vendor

Status

Thanks guys!

Oil pan???
    I was running the Dakota Schumacher pan by Milodon but it rubbed against the frame crossmember. It's a decent pan but the length of the sump is just a little too long. It seems that most other pans copy the same dimension. So I plan to make the sump shorter and wider.

Thanks guys!

I was running the Dakota Schumacher pan by Milodon but it rubbed against the frame crossmember. It's a decent pan but the length of the sump is just a little too long. It seems that most other pans copy the same dimension. So I plan to make the sump shorter and wider.
    Nice job on the finger brake.

Where's it rubbing? I'm running the same pan, it doesn't have much clearance but its not rubbing on the cross member.

The thing that really bothers me with this pan is I understand there's no way to drop it without pulling the motor. In hind site, I wish I just would have used the stock pan, I've heard it's a bitch but you can get it off without pulling the motor.

What are you doing with the air cleaner?
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Supporting Vendor

Status

Nice job on the finger brake.

Where's it rubbing? I'm running the same pan, it doesn't have much clearance but its not rubbing on the cross member.

The thing that really bothers me with this pan is I understand there's no way to drop it without pulling the motor. In hind site, I wish I just would have used the stock pan, I've heard it's a bitch but you can get it off without pulling the motor.

What are you doing with the air cleaner?
    The bottom of the sump was contacting it. I had about an 1/8-3/16" of clearance when I installed it but after running it for a little while and things had settled it was contacting. That was initially with the OEM motor and trans mounts.

In regard to the air cleaner, initially to get on the road after fabbing the tunnel ram set up, I was using two dinky air cleaners, but that was costing about 24 crank HP due to restriction. I am planning on making an air cleaner frame that will hold a K&N Viper air filter element for much greater surface area of the element.

Status

Nice... I like how you are always fabbing things up.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

GPz550 Addict

Status

Why the tall PCV Valve? I would ass-u-me, so that braided hose doesn't rub on things?
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 338 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 ... LastLast