+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 338 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 8434

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    Took it out for some spirited driving. Tried out a 50 shot.
    Tried out a 50 shot? Truck still coming to spring fling?
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

Quote Originally Posted by moparmadman View Post
    Tried out a 50 shot? Truck still coming to spring fling?
    One way or another.
    Waiting on Ryan to send me a tune so I can up the nitrous. Hitting the track on the 24th.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

AutoZone Perfomance Parts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    I have the Comp Cams 4790 wheel I got off Amazon for $25. It's still in new in the package, I installed mine with heads off and didn't need it.
    I just picked up a comp 4790 at the local speed shop for $25 Canadian cash deal

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Rev limiter? that's what valve springs are for!

Status

Got my block back from the machine shop . Spent the day dry fitting the motor , and now ill be able to order the pushrods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeSqD View Post
    Got my block back from the machine shop.
    Chambers look good on those heads 2.02 intake? Looks like you had to shim up the rocker mounts. Yes? I had to due to taller installed height valves.
    SANY0130.JPG
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Yes, the heads were worked over by the Fastman's guy back in 05 ,and yea they have taller height valves .My shimms are .250 thousands tall .Now I can order my pushrods. And when I get back in a couple of weeks I can fit my rings and assemble the motor
    Have you fired your motor yet , you have been working on yours for a while .

Black Pearl

Status

Yes, the heads were worked over by the Fastman's guy back in 05 ,and yea they have taller height valves .My shimms are .250 thousands tall. Have you fired your motor yet , you have been working on yours for a while .
    1/4" shims here too. No motor swap yet. Looking for a late spring install. Good luck with your build Any questions, just ask.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Received my parts for my air compressor from ingersoll . they not only have send me all the replacement parts for free i also got a brand new complete plug and play engine . very good customer service.

Status

Yes, the heads were worked over by the Fastman's guy back in 05 ,and yea they have taller height valves .My shimms are .250 thousands tall .Now I can order my pushrods. And when I get back in a couple of weeks I can fit my rings and assemble the motor
    Have you fired your motor yet , you have been working on yours for a while .
    My Fastman guy ported heads were just worked over by Shane Studley, owner of Precision Cylinder heads, on his flow bench the before and after was +30 cfm gain at 400 lift, never stalled out over 750.

He set up my Jesel shaft rockers too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Got my block back from the machine shop . Spent the day dry fitting the motor , and now ill be able to order the pushrods.
    Looks great! what heads are those? EQ's?

Mods - TB Spacer, Short Throw Dipstick, Performance Auto Zone Intake "0.30 over bore", R/T Cam, Performance Chip, Radiator Delete

Status

I 've been keeping up with your build for some time . Congrats on your championship . These heads flow enough for the build I'm finishing ,and I did try a set of Jesel rockers on this motor they still required the .250 thou. shim . I purchased the Hughes rockers a long time ago , when they were 425.00 shipped to my door . I should sell these at the going rate and get a set of Jesels .

Still having problems with my new F&B TB Modified today the plastic pivot on the lever my throttle cable pops of the plastic cable guide at full throttle. and poor performance Normally my truck chirps the tires from 1 to second gear modified it to the max and still my cable is not straight the plastic pivot is too short i wonder if the wrong lever is installed and my TV cable and throttle cable is the effect of poor performance

Status

You have any pics ? Almost everyone here runs f&b Tbs

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    You have any pics ? Almost everyone here runs f&b Tbs
    No i dont have a picture its night time now . tomorrow morning i will take pictures . i had to dremel the plastic groove wider (pivot cable guide) also when i push the lever with my finger to full throttle and when i release the lever my cable sits next to the cable guide and there is a lot of slop in my throttle cable . so if drive slow my cable stay on the cable guide and my truck shift fine and if i hit the gas my cable comes off the guide . i think the throttle cable and the tv cable works together for a perfect shift is this correct ? from what i see my tv cable is set correct but i will check it again . Thanks

Status

Is the cable routed wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Is the cable routed wrong ?
    from what i see the throttle cable is routed the correct way . the groove from the plastic pivot guide does not line up with the throttle cable .

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

You sure you don't have the throttle cable in the hole in the bracket for the cruise control cable somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    You sure you don't have the throttle cable in the hole in the bracket for the cruise control cable somehow?
    Hello ,
    Yes i am sure i just walk to the truck and looked with a flaslight again and 100% installed correct. from what i see the cables can go only one way in the bracket . i really think it is an alignment issue with the throttle cable and the plastic pivot . i also did a quick check today with my oem tb and everything installs correct how it should .

Status

ACT has a 30% off sale until March 30th, I think I'm going to but a puck style clutch disk instead of using my organic one.

https://www.advancedclutch.com/produ...disc-6266320-2

I raced it.

Sprayed it too.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Home School Valedictorian

Status

How did it do?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    How did it do?
    http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...p?38574-New-PB!

2003 CC
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status

Cool Not just today... but here's a catch up.

Well, not fully today - but to catch those that are curious (all of none of you) up, it has been a busy winter.

Background - this was a barn find (can we call it that for the R/T?) and I paid a $1,000 for it - running but in rough shape. It has a rebuilt title - and repairs were executed prior to my purchasing - albeit poorly.

The right front was damaged previously - the firewall was caved in enough that it broke the casing with all the heater mechanicals in it. Water kept pooling into the floor boards, thought it was the issue with the drainage - but upon closer inspection, the casing itself was split wide open. Found one in a junkyard, dished out $35 - and spent the day in the garage taking the poor thing apart.
    FB_IMG_1516720618155.jpg

The blue fenders, tri-colored primer, and black hood are a result of repairing small dings, removing surface rust, and doing some prep work to make my final tally at the body shop a little lower. Worked for the most part - saved me about $1,500 in prep when I took it to the local guy here in Versailles.

IMG_20180123_105953.jpg

The shop went way above and beyond what we talked about. We discussed filling in a few spots and making sure my repairs were ... up to snuff and then just spraying it to make it less embarrassing. When I stopped in to check on them - they had removed the box, patched the only spot of rust we found, and had stripped it to give it a proper paint job. Our budget was to try and stay under 3K. They kept their budget - but they put over 120 hours into my toy - and didn't charge me for most of em. Gotta love guys that want to be awesome.

IMG_20180318_160044.jpg

We cut the front springs by 1" - measured the height of the spring (13 1/4") and then cut the spring at the location where it measured 1" shorter (you know.. 12 1/4"). Ended up being just over 1/2 a coil - glad I didn't just jump into cutting a full coil off. The rears I put 3" drop blocks in. I tried to be conservative and save the old U-bolts - mistake #1. 17 years of use does not make for unmolested threads on the U-bolts. Plus.. I don't have a lift - couldn't get the impact on them so I was wrenching it. That lasted about an hour - 4 minutes later I had all 4 U-bolts off and a little smaller cut-off wheel.

IMG_20180326_090742.jpg

Finally - I got it to about where I wanted it. The rear, when measured from the ground to the bottom of the body, is 1/4" higher than the front - This was after pulling the blocks a time or two and grinding them down to get a consistent height. For now - it'll do..

IMG_20180326_133213.jpg

Today, I put in the roll-in bedliner (no pics). and the truck is about complete. The wife keeps saying it is done... for some reason I just can't believer her
    Last edited by MikeGolf; 03-28-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Wives don't know what their talking about, when it comes to trucks.

Looks nice! What are the wheels?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Wives don't know what their talking about, when it comes to trucks.

Looks nice! What are the wheels?
    Level 8 - never heard of them. Got'em for less than $250 shipped for all 4 of em. I have the stock R/T rims.. but the previous owner tried to paint them, many times.... and did not do well.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...-punch/p/51133

+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 338 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 ... LastLast