+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324
Results 8,076 to 8,088 of 8088

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

-Zen-

Status

Scored a NIB reflexxions steel cowl hood for $125 to replace my rust farm hood.
    This will be my 4th one so far - put 3 on my '01 (replaced it a few times due to hail damage/teaching lil bro to drive), and the first one for my '00 RT
    Last edited by ZenDak; 09-10-2018 at 05:09 PM.

You install that M-1 yet?

-Zen-

Status

lol - not yet! It's holding a shelf down, and keeping the hood company for now.
    Hope you've been well!

1st drive of the R/T after Martin Saine built the transmission. Took it to work this morning and let me tell you I absolutely love it. I can not wait till this break in period is over so I can see what she really can do!

"Bleach Master"

Status

Pulled the exhaust off, took the air cleaner off, drained the 93 pump gas out of the fuel cell, put two nitrous bottles in the passenger seat....
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

DRTC Member

Status

Broke 70k miles

Not today but Saturday. Replaced a broken valve spring.

Second time this has happened. Good thing I bought an extra.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

"Bleach Master"

Status

Sunday, driving home from friend house in the R/T, just abut to get off onto my exit from 295 onto I10 and all the sudden the engine starts to make a very loud banging noise. I thought the exhaust fell off at first, then I started cussing thinking a rod bearing went. As I drove though I noticed it wasn't repetitive enough so figured maybe something in the valve train. I just kept driving it as I was close to home and what ever damage it had was already done. As I drive I get off onto a side road, as I'm driving down side road and about three miles from home the noise completely stops..... Still has a slight miss and still the oil pressure is reading very low, back into driveway and push it into the garage. I'm freaking out and hit up Eddie, he thinks same thing has to be valvetrain but low oil pressure is weird. Pull passenger side valve cover and first thing I see is a broke rocker arm, never been so glad to see a broke rocker in my life. After I remove rocker and find the pushrod(which looked fine) I notice one of my lifters is pushed out of it's bore, that was why the oil pressure gauge was reading rally low. The oil pressure sender is fed oil from the oil pump at the passenger side lifer oil galley, so it would never see pressure but the engine bearings were still being fed oil.
    So I will be replacing the rockers, going to replace and upgrade the lifters while I'm in there and double check the engine bearings.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
    Not today but Saturday. Replaced a broken valve spring.
    Second time this has happened. Good thing I bought an extra.

Lucky that valve didn't drop.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Sunday, driving home from friend house in the R/T, just abut to get off onto my exit from 295 onto I10 and all the sudden the engine starts to make a very loud banging noise. I thought the exhaust fell off at first, then I started cussing thinking a rod bearing went. As I drove though I noticed it wasn't repetitive enough so figured maybe something in the valve train. I just kept driving it as I was close to home and what ever damage it had was already done. As I drive I get off onto a side road, as I'm driving down side road and about three miles from home the noise completely stops..... Still has a slight miss and still the oil pressure is reading very low, back into driveway and push it into the garage. I'm freaking out and hit up Eddie, he thinks same thing has to be valvetrain but low oil pressure is weird. Pull passenger side valve cover and first thing I see is a broke rocker arm, never been so glad to see a broke rocker in my life. After I remove rocker and find the pushrod(which looked fine) I notice one of my lifters is pushed out of it's bore, that was why the oil pressure gauge was reading rally low. The oil pressure sender is fed oil from the oil pump at the passenger side lifer oil galley, so it would never see pressure but the engine bearings were still being fed oil.
    So I will be replacing the rockers, going to replace and upgrade the lifters while I'm in there and double check the engine bearings.
    Chalk it up to a fluke? Changing brand of rockers?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Black Pearl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    Sunday, driving home from friend house in the R/T, just abut to get off onto my exit from 295 onto I10 and all the sudden the engine starts to make a very loud banging noise. So I will be replacing the rockers, going to replace and upgrade the lifters while I'm in there and double check the engine bearings.
    Be glad it happened now and during drag week.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Chalk it up to a fluke? Changing brand of rockers?
    No, I'm staying with T&D, they have a better oil feed set-up on them than Jesel's "spray and pray" also these rockers are very old and been through hell. I will replace them with another set of T&D's and set these off as spares.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Be glad it happened now and during drag week.
    Oh, I'm very glad this didn't happen during drag week, I wouldn't been able to finish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324