+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 338 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 8434

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Got the new RC R/T tagged and sent the title off today. Flew down to Fort Lauderdale last weekend and bought the truck from ZenDak then drove it back 812 miles. Got back at 2:37AM Sunday morning.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Got the new RC R/T tagged and sent the title off today. Flew down to Fort Lauderdale last weekend and bought the truck from ZenDak then drove it back 812 miles. Got back at 2:37AM Sunday morning.
    Totally Cool!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Totally Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    Ouch.. at that price could find an entire southern rust free box. Main reason when I wanted another R/T I didn't even look locally. Wanted zero rust to deal with.
    I wish it were that easy here. I went to the junk yard to check and every single box had the same issue as mine. Gotta love the salt they put on the roads here in Canada.
    1998 RC RT Black

Accumulating parts...

Status

Got a new valve spring tool (removal) from Mancini Racing. Looks like it’ll work by adding studs to valve cover holes. Look forward to trying it out. Daily has had a misfire that I finally diagnosed to a broken intake spring. No codes, but I still went after all electrical components first. Cap/rotor, cam position sensor, crank sensor, PCM, plug wires, o2 sensors... also an excuse to throw some new parts at the truck. Did a compression check and found zero at cyl no.2. Leak down test had air coming out the intake which then led me to the broken spring.
    R/T 2.02 heads, unsure of current spring set-up so may just order and throw some Mopar .600 springs all around.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Supporting Vendor

Status

Got a new valve spring tool (removal) from Mancini Racing. Looks like it’ll work by adding studs to valve cover holes. Look forward to trying it out. Daily has had a misfire that I finally diagnosed to a broken intake spring. No codes, but I still went after all electrical components first. Cap/rotor, cam position sensor, crank sensor, PCM, plug wires, o2 sensors... also an excuse to throw some new parts at the truck. Did a compression check and found zero at cyl no.2. Leak down test had air coming out the intake which then led me to the broken spring.
    R/T 2.02 heads, unsure of current spring set-up so may just order and throw some Mopar .600 springs all around.
    You might want to look into the Mopar springs asap. Someone may still have them but they are probably on backorder. I've basically given up on Mopar parts. You never know if they are available or not. And, if the parts are available, you may not be sure what you are getting for the price. For instance, I used to carry Mopar head gaskets for the magnum, which were actually the Felpro 1008. You used to get two gaskets for the price. Then they changed it to one gasket for the same price without notice. So basically the price doubled. The Mopar torque converter bolts were bought as a set of four bolts for a price. Now you get one bolt for that same price. So the price has basically increased four times.

Status

Accumulating parts...

Status

You might want to look into the Mopar springs asap. Someone may still have them but they are probably on backorder. I've basically given up on Mopar parts. You never know if they are available or not. And, if the parts are available, you may not be sure what you are getting for the price. For instance, I used to carry Mopar head gaskets for the magnum, which were actually the Felpro 1008. You used to get two gaskets for the price. Then they changed it to one gasket for the same price without notice. So basically the price doubled. The Mopar torque converter bolts were bought as a set of four bolts for a price. Now you get one bolt for that same price. So the price has basically increased four times.
    I found the .600 springs in stock (actually checked your site first). The .525 are backordered until mid-June. Maybe I'll just order the .600's before I pull them then...
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Supporting Vendor

Status

I found the .600 springs in stock (actually checked your site first). The .525 are backordered until mid-June. Maybe I'll just order the .600's before I pull them then...
    Well I'll be damned. They are in stock. lol If you want 16 springs I can help you.

Accumulating parts...

Status

Well I'll be damned. They are in stock. lol If you want 16 springs I can help you.
    You rushed me and I placed the order. Could have picked up some Remflex gaskets off ya too. Next time!! I already have a mental note of some items in my cart from ya
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Supporting Vendor

Status

You rushed me and I placed the order.
    Crazy times. I'm so used to them being on back order, I removed them from my website.

Status

Just finished a whole front end rebuild with lowered spring and03-04 brake swap took for ever to find banjo bolt apparently it’s metric m10x1.0 found at Napa #24037 if anyone does this man it’s freakin hot outside!!!

Accumulating parts...

Status

Started to replace radiator yesterday. Noticed I had a 1-5/8" core and the replacement from RockAuto was only 1-1/4". Looked at V6 models and they show (1-1/4, 1-5/8, 1-3/4) but V8's only show 1-1/4" cores. Debating using it or exchanging it out.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Accumulating parts...

Status

Going to remove the (PPH/Doug Thorley/Mopar) headers today from the daily and have the cracks welded. They'll get a nice new ceramic coat after along with Y-pipe.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Supporting Vendor

Status

Started to replace radiator yesterday. Noticed I had a 1-5/8" core and the replacement from RockAuto was only 1-1/4". Looked at V6 models and they show (1-1/4, 1-5/8, 1-3/4) but V8's only show 1-1/4" cores. Debating using it or exchanging it out.
    What did you end up doing?

Supporting Vendor

Status

Going to remove the (PPH/Doug Thorley/Mopar) headers today from the daily and have the cracks welded. They'll get a nice new ceramic coat after along with Y-pipe.
    Where did they crack?

Accumulating parts...

Status

What did you end up doing?
    Still debating -lol
    I'll throw the 1-1/4 in this Saturday. Another member here is running the same TYC radiator w/o issues or overheating. Worst case I learn something and get a bigger one later.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Accumulating parts...

Status

Where did they crack?
    Bottom side of #2 pipe is cracked ~10" from flange. Section is where it goes under #4/6, but bottom side so easy to reach.

Removed 7/9 collector bolts and loosened 7/12 header bolts before my time was up. To Be Continued...
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    Bottom side of #2 pipe is cracked ~10" from flange. Section is where it goes under #4/6, but bottom side so easy to reach.

Removed 7/9 collector bolts and loosened 7/12 header bolts before my time was up. To Be Continued...
    More cracks than I thought! 4 different cracks on driver side and one on passenger. May be able to get them or may Need to be looking for new headers. Also installed TYC radiator and messed with Mancini valve spring remover tool. Need to make a custom adapter for it this week and it should be good to go.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there !!! Finished the front end 1”drop and 03-04 brakes new everything else I could replace stops much better now !!! Side note !!! double ck every bolt

Status

Status

Dropped the trans pan b/c it's been slowly leaking out the front all week. Not too surprised after its been sitting for 3 years on a cork gasket......
    2004 Neon SRT4 - Stage 3
    2000 Dakota R/T - Daily Driver

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    I know this post is months old, but I noticed the same thing recently when I was looking to get a new rad for my rebuild. For some reason the 5.9L selections on rock auto don't show the heavy duty rad
    2004 Neon SRT4 - Stage 3
    2000 Dakota R/T - Daily Driver

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_RT View Post
    I know this post is months old, but I noticed the same thing recently when I was looking to get a new rad for my rebuild. For some reason the 5.9L selections on rock auto don't show the heavy duty rad
    I should have tried the V6 model, but the one I have is still working fine.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 338 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 ... LastLast