+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 338 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 8434

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

Status

I have a couple thoughts on common oil leaks. If the intake has been off at some point and they didn't get the rear part of the intake gasket sealed correctly, or if the oil pressure sending unit is leaking, you'll end up with a good leak at the back part of the engine, but I'll look clean up top.

If it's just too much of a mess under there to try and follow the leak up to it's highest point, then you may want to try and wash it all off and then try and follow it up.
    '99 R/T- Red Reg/cab (Procharged garage Queen!)
    '99 R/T- Deep Amethyst Reg/Cab(the daily driver)
    '00 R/T- Blue Ext/cab(The newest arrival)
    '04 SRT4- stage 2, bigger turbo, intercooler, and exhaust
    '91 Dakota- reg/cab short bed(5.2 magnum swap in progress)
    '87 Shelby Charger(will get to it eventually)
    '76 W100- 400/auto(it was given to me)
    '71 D100- short bed(will be getting magnum/OD auto swap)
    '68 A100 pickup- 360/auto

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Goober rt View Post
    I wake up every day and look at my truck and get pissed off... I Wish I never bought it
    Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    Yeah I think most of us have felt like that at one time or another, I know I have.
    I finally got the curage Today to work on my truck. So I lifted it on floor jacks and I found a bunch of issues under the truck. Trans is leaking and the motor I can't find the engine oil leak there's way too much oil under there!
    I know how you feel. Got under mine after I bought it just about every fluid was leaking somewhere except the brakes... and they just need new pads and rotors, might as well get new calipers and lines while at it.... etc.
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

The only way to help me is to point me in the direction of a good dodge Dakota mechanic!

I finally got the curage Today to work on my truck. So I lifted it on floor jacks and I found a bunch of issues under the truck. Trans is leaking and the motor I can't find the engine oil leak there's way too much oil under there!
    Did you have the intake manifold off? Most likely its the rear oil seal on the manifold is not done right if its pouring that much oil out. Usually the sender leaking will be more of a drip trail. The rear main seals also tend to leak, but my first guess would be the rear manifold gasket if you had the manifold off.

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status

Still having idle issues. Cleaned the throttle body today and it was hard to start. After it started the idle was rough and the check engine light came on. I checked for codes and got p0340, p0350, and several cylinder misses. I cleared the codes and restarted. Still got a p0350 and when I rev'd it up it stuck at 3k rpms and started rising. Killed it and restarted and idle was normal(775). ???

Status

Put replacement motor in, and got it all hooked up on top. Now just waiting on bearing retainer for the trans, and it will go in on Monday, and hopefully will be driving it again then (cross fingers).

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

Status

I took my newly turned 16 Grand daughter out to the garage to start my r/t. (first time since Sept.) She had a big Ol' smile on her face before she hit the key. THEN, CRANKED UP the volume! She bout jumped outta the seat when it fired! LOL Priceless!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

Changed the interior lights to blue l.e.d's to match the outside lights

Today i have made the alignment tool for the overdrive unit . i used my intermediate shaft from my 44re and i have made a tool to press the the big spring in the overdrive unit

Few more updates. She's Drivable, Just need to get some tuning and miles under the truck. Just waiting on the weather.

1998 Dakota R/T
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5Qwt4vRdHrM/UqZdWhLt2tI/AAAAAAAAAB8/WtseaWnGPTM/w732-h549-no/1384281_10151646266675723_1560687758_n.jpg

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99DakotaRTCC View Post
    Few more updates. She's Drivable, Just need to get some tuning and miles under the truck. Just waiting on the weather.

Looking awesome!! Do you have a build thread?? If not please start one as I'd love to hear details!

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

Yep, A Long Build Thread.. lol

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...y-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by madboy View Post
    Looking awesome!! Do you have a build thread?? If not please start one as I'd love to hear details!
    1998 Dakota R/T
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5Qwt4vRdHrM/UqZdWhLt2tI/AAAAAAAAAB8/WtseaWnGPTM/w732-h549-no/1384281_10151646266675723_1560687758_n.jpg

Status

Not today, but yesterday, I drove it for the first time since July 1st (motor issue). Another 5-speed RT on the road I did the 5-speed swap while I had the motor out.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

WOW! Center Console is very interesting. Is it out of a challenger/Charger? Very cool mod. Any info on that mod would be a very interesting conversation.

Status

Relieved the wheel and horn button, it has the plugs(removable) to add the purge and the line loc

gen III traitor

Status

Slammed with a 5" DS doesn't go well...

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

gen III traitor

Status

Used Eastwood internal frame coating to paint the backside after welding. I hate welding overhead...

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Status

Over head is the best !

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pulled the old girl out of the barn and let her see daylight for the first time in ten years. Here we go again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

Removed about 16" of snow off the bed cover today , we got hit with about 8" of snow today

Officially ordered my FRP Tuning package today

Whiplash Engine & Machine, FRP Tuned
    Instagram moderator for dakota_rt_club

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

daily driver until the Ram's new trans is installed
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

DRTC Member #1146

Status

My mom drove mine last night and was getting thumps up by guys at stop lights. When I drive it I get thumbs up from a stupid orange Civic Si and get cops tailing me waiting for me to do something wrong. wtf

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Supporting Vendor

Status

My mom drove mine last night and was getting thumps up by guys at stop lights. When I drive it I get thumbs up from a stupid orange Civic Si and get cops tailing me waiting for me to do something wrong. wtf
    Lol It’s called profiling. Cops know that young men in a hot rod typically do stupid show-off shit. Your mom probably looks better to the guys than you do as well. Lol

Status

Shout out to your Mom!

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Lol It’s called profiling. Cops know that young men in a hot rod typically do stupid show-off shit. Your mom probably looks better to the guys than you do as well. Lol
    I was driving to target with my buddy's girlfriend who had never been in my truck before and she goes "This truck is loud and fast. It scares me haha but I bet other girls think its cool right?" I reply with "Nope not really, my truck is more of a dick magnet than a chick magnet. Old guys with beer bellies love it." Sure enough we pull into the parking lot and get out and some old guy (cargo shorts, budweiser t-shirt, camo trucker hat and all) who was with his family come running over and goes "Wow! that truck looks and sounds amazing! you don't see too many in good shape like this! Nice Truck!". I take the compliment, turn to her, "Told you." and we walk inside.

In fact that orange civic was the only girl to ever be interested in it or compliment it because it drowned out her fart can at the stop light. "Damn dude, that thing is chuggin'!" lol

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 338 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 ... LastLast