Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger kit suggestions

Blown and Squirted

Status

Default Supercharger kit suggestions

The welcome thread was getting a little long.

We can use this thread for potential customers to communicate what they would like to see in future v8 magnum motor positive displacement supercharger kits. Got an idea or comment, let me know here.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Blown and Squirted

Status

I'll start off- At nationals and in the other thread, there was mention of using an 03-04 cobra supercharger for a low cost kit. There is at least one company who makes a similar sort of deal to put that head unit on modular motors that didn't originally come supercharged, as they can be had very inexpensively. The power potential would be limited compared to a screw or TVS setup. The total cost would be $1-2k less when all was said and done though.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

Dirty Jerzey

Status

2002 AB CC R/T (R.I.P)
    11.52@116.61 w/1.67 60'.

2002 AB QC 4.7 4x4

www.schroermasonry.com
    Facebook.com/SchroerMasonry

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Liquid cooled Kenny bell 3.6. Very nice choice, that's what we run on our lightnings!!!!
    I would love to see one of those ontop of a r block!!!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Dirty Jerzey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by krs1r/t View Post
    Liquid cooled Kenny bell 3.6. Very nice choice, that's what we run on our lightnings!!!!
    I would love to see one of those ontop of a r block!!!
    One is a 3.6 the other is 4.2
    2002 AB CC R/T (R.I.P)
    11.52@116.61 w/1.67 60'.

2002 AB QC 4.7 4x4

www.schroermasonry.com

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRT360 View Post
    One is a 3.6 the other is 4.2
    Those are fucking nice. I posted Chris' website and photo on my facebook and got a lot of likes and comments. Can't wait to drop one of those on the dak.

DRTC #1064

Blown and Squirted

Status

The big KBs sure are nice. They are availible for purchase seperately, but KB doesn't cooporate so well with small businesses, they want to run the show. This means it would be hard for me to get outline drawings. If I could get my hands on one to measure, that would help.

It is more likely I would supply a whipple, and for blowers that long, they likely would be top inlet due to our cowl shape restrictions, and require a cowl hood. These are slightly less efficient, but the inlet flow would work out better such that the package performance would be better overall.

The top of the line KBs are not out of the question, I wan't to design a kit that is suitable for an R block down the road.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    The big KBs sure are nice. They are availible for purchase seperately, but KB doesn't cooporate so well with small businesses, they want to run the show. This means it would be hard for me to get outline drawings. If I could get my hands on one to measure, that would help.

It is more likely I would supply a whipple, and for blowers that long, they likely would be top inlet due to our cowl shape restrictions, and require a cowl hood. These are slightly less efficient, but the inlet flow would work out better such that the package performance would be better overall.

The top of the line KBs are not out of the question, I wan't to design a kit that is suitable for an R block down the road.
    U r welcome to come to our shop to measure whatever u want. We have kb 3.6 liquid cooled, a 2.8 a 2.6 and a wipple 3.4 around!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Status

I asked whipple and IIRC the 3.3l (200AX and 200R) will bolt in place of the typical 8-71 Roots type S/C.

Indy's ModMan Intakes have plates that accommodate 8-71 style S/C.

All that said you should be able to easily put a Lyshom (Whipple or Vortech) Twin Screw on any Small Block Mopar.

Whipple also sells the varied length of front drive snouts.

The only parts that should have to be custom is a crank pulley to run the S/C on it own pulley system and probably the Injector rails.

This is what I wanted to do, BUT I have a Vortech T-trim so I am working on a Cog System with that.

What has broke most of the S/C systems of the past is a Belt Drive system that couldn't make boost much above 8psi reliably. Usually the belt would slip on the S/C Pulley BUT for the few (like myself) that actually found fixes for that issue it would start to slip on the Crank Pulley, after some time it would wear/stretch the belt to the point it started throwing belts.

If you look at today's trend in many of the newer cars many of the S/C Mfgs are driving their systems on separate belt systems. Even to the point that Vortech now has Cog Systems for the new Chevies and Fords. Most are 8-10rib belts.

Just FYI: Gates sells just about any size belt you need. I just bought one of their 1520mm x 50mm 8mm HTD Belts that list for $135+ for $83 through my local dealer. Vortech Charges $135+ for their 1440mm Cog Belts.

My biggest issue so far doing my project on my own is spacers and getting the Mounting Plates cut after I mock/hack the prototypes up to fit.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Dirty Jerzey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakfink View Post
    I asked whipple and IIRC the 3.3l (200AX and 200R) will bolt in place of the typical 8-71 Roots type S/C.

Indy's ModMan Intakes have plates that accommodate 8-71 style S/C.

All that said you should be able to easily put a Lyshom (Whipple or Vortech) Twin Screw on any Small Block Mopar.

Whipple also sells the varied length of front drive snouts.

The only parts that should have to be custom is a crank pulley to run the S/C on it own pulley system and probably the Injector rails.

This is what I wanted to do, BUT I have a Vortech T-trim so I am working on a Cog System with that.

What has broke most of the S/C systems of the past is a Belt Drive system that couldn't make boost much above 8psi reliably. Usually the belt would slip on the S/C Pulley BUT for the few (like myself) that actually found fixes for that issue it would start to slip on the Crank Pulley, after some time it would wear/stretch the belt to the point it started throwing belts.

If you look at today's trend in many of the newer cars many of the S/C Mfgs are driving their systems on separate belt systems. Even to the point that Vortech now has Cog Systems for the new Chevies and Fords. Most are 8-10rib belts.

Just FYI: Gates sells just about any size belt you need. I just bought one of their 1520mm x 50mm 8mm HTD Belts that list for $135+ for $83 through my local dealer. Vortech Charges $135+ for their 1440mm Cog Belts.

My biggest issue so far doing my project on my own is spacers and getting the Mounting Plates cut after I mock/hack the prototypes up to fit.
    Have you seen what the OP has developed already?? He is utilizing the mod man intake.
    2002 AB CC R/T (R.I.P)
    11.52@116.61 w/1.67 60'.

2002 AB QC 4.7 4x4

www.schroermasonry.com

Status
    Blog Entries

Chris I guessing A/C is a No Go with your set-up? Any plans to incorperate A/C ?

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRT360 View Post
    Have you seen what the OP has developed already?? He is utilizing the mod man intake.
    Yes I seen it!!! But wasn't sure that was the ModMan or not. As BDS also has intakes for SB Mopars.

Only issue I see is for those that want to push that S/C for 10-14-18psi boost.

Even the Mustang guys start to have issues with belt slip when you start getting up that high.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Status

Yes I seen it!!! But wasn't sure that was the ModMan or not. As BDS also has intakes for SB Mopars.

Even the Mustang guys start to have issues with belt slip when you start getting up that high.
    all the lightnings at our shop are running 24-30.8lbs so what they are doing is working

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Blown and Squirted

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Chris I guessing A/C is a No Go with your set-up? Any plans to incorperate A/C ?
    First prototype is not compatible with AC, production kits will be. I already have some ideas for this.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Dedicated drives are in the works. The added benifit to this is that you can slide the blower foward and fit a larger inlet between the blower and the cowl.

As far as the big stuff is concerned, I have no inclincation to put a 6/8-71 style blower on a small block. The very large whipples of the same form factor are certaintly a possibility. The challenge will be to keep port injection with a reasonable injector angle for the big stuff. The "small bore" 2.2 is already a tight squeeze on the new injector angle I picked. The 2.2 won't fit between the stock angle.

Blown and Squirted

Status

U r welcome to come to our shop to measure whatever u want. We have kb 3.6 liquid cooled, a 2.8 a 2.6 and a wipple 3.4 around!
    I will probably take you up on this when the time comes, thanks!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    I will probably take you up on this when the time comes, thanks!
    Any time Chris O #1

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Blown and Squirted

Status

www.dakotart.com

Status

Any time Chris O #1
    If he is CO1, does that make you CO2 ?

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Status

Lol I guess Co2! Good catch!

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup

477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

FOXHOLE RACING
    Chris

Chris, any plans to do a draw through carb application? I wouldn't think that would be to tough to do. I believe whipple offers a carbed application on a sbc kit.
    Tom
    10.56@125.45 1.43 60 ft. all motor, all magnum, pump gas, full exhaust.

Blown and Squirted

Status

I can do top entry carb stuff using whipple compressors.

Great! So it looks like you will run a separate pulley/belt system divorced from the stock serpentine one?
    I'm running an electric water pump and A/C delete bracket so I've been looking for an old paxton kit for two years. A twin screw would be a dream and the tuning would be easier with the draw thru as well.
    Tom

Blown and Squirted

Status

This particular kit uses the stock 7 rib drive. A dedicated drive is definitely on the radar.

Ok, I know you said your prototype has a non A/C routing. Will this be made available as a kit for us A/C delete guys?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast