Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Welcome Z Code Performance!!

Blown and Squirted

Status

Just getting some pictures of it would be a good start. I'm not too famailiar with how they mount. I believe that is an m112. It might be OK for a stock 5.2 with mild boost, but without an intercooler you can't push them as far as the cobra guys do, they get pretty inefficient and intake temps will be high.

Also curious on the snout length, we need a pretty long snout, even for the 7 rib drive.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Got Beer?

Status

So what models would work?
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Blown and Squirted

Status

Well right now; optcon-autorotor SR4 generation PN mx422 and KenneBell rebranded compressors made to the same dimensions. I will have to double check the drive length, it is what is supplied on the KB dodge 5.2/5.9 kit. It is likely the same as the 4.7 kit. I BELIEVE their drive lengths are the same, but I haven't personally measured them.

Anything beyond that will be a future effort. I am focusing on integration and testing of this "upgrade kit" right now. The Eaton TVS1900 and TVS2300 blowers are a MUCH better choice than their "roots" counterparts. Although much more expensive also.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Well right now; optcon-autorotor SR4 generation PN mx422 and KenneBell rebranded compressors made to the same dimensions. I will have to double check the drive length, it is what is supplied on the KB dodge 5.2/5.9 kit. It is likely the same as the 4.7 kit. I BELIEVE their drive lengths are the same, but I haven't personally measured them.

Anything beyond that will be a future effort. I am focusing on integration and testing of this "upgrade kit" right now. The Eaton TVS1900 and TVS2300 blowers are a MUCH better choice than their "roots" counterparts. Although much more expensive also.
    They are interchangeable between the 5.2L, 5.9L, and 4.7L. I have swapped between them and the drive I am using on my 4.7L now is from a 5.9L kit. When I talked to KB a while back there tech said there the same length and are no longer able to be made.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Thanks for the info. I suspected as such.

No worries, complete kits in the future that I design will use off the shelf availible parts. I just wanted this first kit to "right the wrongs" so to speak and get people with these compressors hardware that would make them run they should have originally.

Status

Welcome Chris!
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!

Blown and Squirted

Status

Thanks Ryan.

this is making want another r/t

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3