Thread: SCT=Great results!

Status

Default SCT=Great results!

Just wanted to make a thread to say thanks to Sean and to share my experience with everyone.

I have had my truck at the track several times this year. My 1/8th mile runs have been 9.3-9.5 or roughly a 14.5-14.7 in the 1/4 mile. I felt that with my truck and the mods I have I should at least be in the 13's.

The truck was running a B&G flash to flash out the auto trans. The truck has a T-56. Truck ran well but would sometimes have a hard time idiling down when coming to a stop,

I PM'ed Sean on this forum asking if he felt SCT could improve my track times. Sean wrote me back and said definitely. We discussed mods etc and Sean got me a tuner VERY quickly.

I loaded the tune and took the truck out for a spin. Immediatley I noticed no hanging throttle and a large increase in overall power. I couldn't wait to get to the track.

I took the truck to the local 1/8th mile track (would rather have went to a 1/4 mile track but test and tune was going on a night I had off work)

Results:

DA was 2800ft for both runs

B&G flash
    2.08 60ft
    1/8th ET 9.38
    1/8th MPH 75.9

SCT tune
    2.01 60ft
    1/8th ET 8.99
    1/8th MPH 77.57

EDIT: Wanted to add that I hot lapped the truck right afterwards and ran a 9.05

This has been a great experience for me. The trucks overall drivability is better. Sean says with fine tuning there is more in it. Thanks for everything!!

Last edited by Branx5.9; 06-29-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added info

Status

Man, I missed current events! Nice truck Brandon! Great results too.

Damn hot and humid!
    Last edited by Intense RT; 06-29-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Intense RT View Post
    Man, I missed current events! Nice truck Brandon! Great results too.

Damn hot and humid!
    Thanks! I'll hit you up next time I go it was a spur of the moment thing. I'd like to see that new Charger!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Branx5.9 View Post
    Thanks! I'll hit you up next time I go it was a spur of the moment thing. I'd like to see that new Charger!
    No terror on the track but I managed a 13.86 @ 100 in the 1/4. 2.1 60ft with DR's

Yeah, let us know and I'll bring the drag radials (only worth a tenth in the 60 with no limited slip.....waa waaaaa lol)
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

www.dakotart.com

Status

Nice !

That's a decent 60' considering you spun.
    A set of sticky tires alone is gonna get you 1.9 60's.

Hope you decide to race at Nats.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Blown and Squirted

Status

Pretty truck, what time would that be in the 1/4?

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Under Construction..Again

Status

"The truck was running a B&G flash to flash out the auto trans. The truck has a T-56. Truck ran well but would sometimes have a hard time idiling down when coming to a stop,

I PM'ed Sean on this forum asking if he felt SCT could improve my track times. Sean wrote me back and said definitely. We discussed mods etc and Sean got me a tuner VERY quickly.

I loaded the tune and took the truck out for a spin. Immediatley I noticed no hanging throttle and a large increase in overall power. I couldn't wait to get to the track."

Excellent, question though. Did you load the SCT on top of the B&G programmed PCM or did you get a new PCM then load the SCT program? I am basically in the same boat as you are.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    Nice !

That's a decent 60' considering you spun.
    A set of sticky tires alone is gonna get you 1.9 60's.

Hope you decide to race at Nats.
    I think I'm going to. It should be fun. You should fly out Ed!

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Pretty truck, what time would that be in the 1/4?
    Thanks! Drag times has it as a 13.99 @97.58 using their calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speedrt View Post
    "The truck was running a B&G flash to flash out the auto trans. The truck has a T-56. Truck ran well but would sometimes have a hard time idiling down when coming to a stop,

I loaded the tune and took the truck out for a spin. Immediatley I noticed no hanging throttle and a large increase in overall power. I couldn't wait to get to the track."

Excellent, question though. Did you load the SCT on top of the B&G programmed PCM or did you get a new PCM then load the SCT program? I am basically in the same boat as you are.
    It will load right over your b&g flash. SCT can store the flash in its memory if you wanted to go back.

Status

Is that Ohio Valley dragway? I live about 20 mins from there but have never stopped by. Let me know when you head back but I doubt my truck will be running anytime soon.

Nice run!

Truck looks good! I like the amber turns versus the clear stuff.

Random question, do they let bikes race cars at that track? I doubt it, but I bet some place allows it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by holic_77 View Post
    Is that Ohio Valley dragway? I live about 20 mins from there but have never stopped by. Let me know when you head back but I doubt my truck will be running anytime soon.

Nice run!
    Will do sir, sounds like you are very close!

Quote Originally Posted by Last_in View Post
    Truck looks good! I like the amber turns versus the clear stuff.
    Thanks! Yep, bikes can race there. There were four or five there that night. Couple of turbo Hayabusas running mid 5's.

Awesome man. Great ET change. I've found a descent timing curve that helps the hanging throttle but still allow power gains. And yes, that's a good looking truck. You will have an EASY 13 this Fall when you can get some good weather. 2800 DA is a killer
    Last edited by hemifever; 06-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Status

Trucks looking good! nice times!
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Wink

No scientific data here but.....Brandons truck is at my house for a couple of days....took it down the road for a quick spin...seat of the pants this thing just feels stronger and runs much better with the SCT tune. I may have to take it for another "spin" just to "test" it out again....
    '98 R/T Running, driving and having a ball with it!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nevr2fast01 View Post
    Trucks looking good! nice times!
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd360 View Post
    No scientific data here but.....Brandons truck is at my house for a couple of days....took it down the road for a quick spin...seat of the pants this thing just feels stronger and runs much better with the SCT tune. I may have to take it for another "spin" just to "test" it out again....
    Haha, as long as your feeding it!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hemifever View Post
    Awesome man. Great ET change. I've found a descent timing curve that helps the hanging throttle but still allow power gains. And yes, that's a good looking truck. You will have an EASY 13 this Fall when you can get some good weather. 2800 DA is a killer
    I would kill for a DA of 2800. We usually have a DA of over 5000. Hot, humid, and ~1600ft above sea level.
    2004 SRT4 Moar Pah Coming DD
    2002 Dakota R/T 12.376@110.84

"Is there any way to make this easier? I'm way confused now. I just tried to post a video, but instead I got my dick caught in the ceiling fan" Wyotech_Cuda440