+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Older trans vs. newer trans (46re)

Status

Default Older trans vs. newer trans (46re)

MSaine - How difficult is it to install an older transmission (pre 2000) into a newer truck (2001 model year Dakota)? I know the gear selectors are different...I have a feeling something with the valve body and/or wiring is also different. Is it possible though, if I had both transmissions on my garage floor, to swap components and make the older transmission successfully function in my newer truck?

I know you're in business to sell transmissions, not help people fix their shit for free...but you are the best person to ask and I'm in a shitty situation. Perhaps this information may help others in the future as well. Thanks for any input/advice you can give.
    My step mother legitimately thought you could raise boneless chickens.

edit: she once to her taxes to a taxidermy shop...my hand to god, this woman is a moron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1AmberR/T View Post
    MSaine - How difficult is it to install an older transmission (pre 2000) into a newer truck (2001 model year Dakota)? I know the gear selectors are different...I have a feeling something with the valve body and/or wiring is also different. Is it possible though, if I had both transmissions on my garage floor, to swap components and make the older transmission successfully function in my newer truck?

I know you're in business to sell transmissions, not help people fix their shit for free...but you are the best person to ask and I'm in a shitty situation. Perhaps this information may help others in the future as well. Thanks for any input/advice you can give.
    Shoot him an email...He's not on here that much.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1AmberR/T View Post

It Can be done but wire plug is differant, I know Ironsport1000 looked into it because we sold the 2002 tran's to Lowpatrol and it was going to need a wire adapter plug which is avalible aftermarket.

Jason what's up with the parts you asked for Im sitting on them waiting for your reply? Sent you pic's months ago in PM

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

+ Reply to Thread