+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My California Car Cover

Accumulating parts...

Status

Default My California Car Cover

So I washed the truck today. Found a nice section of cancer on my roof and a hazy section nearby. I thought that was the rain on my parade and had hopes things would turn around when I throw on my new $600+ cover.

Boy did my bad luck keep on giving...

Here's the Superweave cover I ordered from California Car Cover. Fits really nice around everywhere EXCEPT the mirrors. I didn't pay the extra for a custom fit because I was told by the sales rep that this model cover stretches nice over the vehicles and the lip on the spoiler and roll pan shouldn't effect my fitment. I also let him know I have aftermarket mirrors, and he said they have a "Sport" mirror pocket already for the Dakota mirrors. By the looks of it, I don't think the heated, nor Dumbo mirrors would fit nice in these pockets. (I also test fit the cover on my red truck with stock sport mirrors and had the same result). The Street Scene mirrors are 8.5" long and the Sport mirrors are 9". The sleeve they cut for me is 19" long.

And to top things off... When the guy wrote down the custom engraving letters, I stated to him him TWICE how I wanted GRAY spelled. (obviously I wasn't clearly speaking to the person doing the engraving that can't read a fucking work order)

So, I'm calling CCC first thing in the morning...hopefully something good comes from this. (and no, I'm not changing my fucking name here )
    Last edited by GoFastGray; 05-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

This misspelling alone is enough to warrant them making you a new cover. Looks nice though!

Status

The fix for the cover being loose on the mirrors are these 10" bungee cords.

10" Mini Bungee cords

Pull the cover up against the end of the mirror and then wrap the bungee around the excess between the mirror and the cab. Hook the ends of the bungee together.

It will help anchor the cover to prevent it from blowing off.

When you roll up the cover to store it, hook the 2 bungees end to end, then wrap them around the rolled up cover and hook the ends together.

Nolan
    3 Second Margin of Victory How many bullets does that thing hold?
    Remember, go as fast as possible and take all unnecessary chances.

Status

Sorry, but that's funny shit...

GOFASTGREY.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Looks good bud, sucks you spent that much on it to have the name and mirrors screwed up.

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    The fix for the cover being loose on the mirrors are these 10" bungee cords.

10" Mini Bungee cords

Pull the cover up against the end of the mirror and then wrap the bungee around the excess between the mirror and the cab. Hook the ends of the bungee together.

It will help anchor the cover to prevent it from blowing off.

When you roll up the cover to store it, hook the 2 bungees end to end, then wrap them around the rolled up cover and hook the ends together.

Nolan
    That's too much work for a custom fit $614 cover that doesn't fit (I have seen people tying the inside of mirrors though, I'll probably try that when it comes back to pick up slack)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Sorry, but that's funny shit...

GOFASTGREY.
    I saw the mirrors as I was opening it up for the first time, when I saw the misspelling, I was more thrilled that I had another cause for sending it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyR/T View Post
    Looks good bud, sucks you spent that much on it to have the name and mirrors screwed up.
    Thanks! The cover is on its way back via UPS now....It would be nice if the guy apologized or helped me out somehow for their mistake. Just hoping it comes back looking like it should or I'll just drive over there.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

I'm looking for a new cover. What was the outcome/finished product after you sent it back?

'78 Chrysler LeBaron - Gone
    '84 Dodge 600 - Gone
    '96 Dodge Avenger I-4 5 Spd - Gone
    '05 Neon SRT4 - Gone
    '05 Dodge Magnum RT- Gone
    '00 Dak RT- Now in TX
    '12 Challenger SRT8 - Gone
    '16 Charger Scat Pack- Gone
    '22 Ram Rebel 1500

"Bleach Master"

Status

$600 for a car cover.........
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

R/T Lives Matter

Status

I'm looking for a cover as well. But $600.00.. no thanks. anyone know of good quality ones for a decent price?
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

Status

Check out Hugger Covers. Good deal for you guys in the US. Made in Canada.
    huggercovers.com
    I will let everyone know how they look when I pick mine up on Saturday.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

R/T Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    huggercovers.com
    Awesome! Looking forward to it
    99 R/T
    The never ending project

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by X_HAWAII RT View Post
    I'm looking for a new cover. What was the outcome/finished product after you sent it back?
    After I got it back, it fit like a glove. Really liked it and love the color scheme. However, just about two years later, the red faded to a pink, the stitching started to come undone, and the cover got brittle and my finger literally went through the fabric just lightly pulling it over the truck.
    I was within a couple months of the warranty so had the whole thing replaced for the price of shipping. They didn't offer the lettering (even if I paid extra). I have yet to take it out of the box, I'll use it for indoors ONLY. I washed it every 2-3months following their recommendations on how to wash too.

I ordered a NOAH cover from covercraft for about half the price. Just a plain gray cover. Something a lot thicker than the one I got from CalCarCover. CalCarCover does makes more rugged covers for outdoor use, but I wanted to give another company a shot.
    I also have yet to take this one out of the box because truck has been torn apart in the garage for a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    $600 for a car cover.........
    Yea, it was pricey, but I wanted something different. Should have got something under 2/3 the price for what I was using it for but was under the impression I was investing in the best they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman24 View Post
    I'm looking for a cover as well. But $600.00.. no thanks. anyone know of good quality ones for a decent price?
    Covercraft.com
    huggercovers.com
    I'll have to check these out, haven't heard of them.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Panty Dropper

Status

huggercovers.com
    How does it look?
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

+ Reply to Thread