+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: R Blocks and What degree?

Status

No I haven't found the perfect truck yet. I am just buying engine parts and when I do finally get the truck I should have a good part of the engine complete. As far as suspension, I am going to do coilovers.

I spoke with a local shop that a friend got me in touch with. I am actually doing things a little bit different. Ill fill everyone in on the details when its put together. Looks like its going to be a 48* R3 Block with w9s.
    Last edited by Dempsey15; 05-14-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey15 View Post
    No I haven't found the perfect truck yet. I am just buying engine parts and when I do finally get the truck I should have a good part of the engine complete. As far as suspension, I am going to do coilovers.

I spoke with a local shop that a friend got me in touch with. I am actually doing things a little bit different. Ill fill everyone in on the details when its put together. Looks like its going to be a 48* R3 Block with w9s.
    Which local shop? I only know of 1 Mopar Specific shop close to Houston.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Got Beer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dakfink View Post
    Which local shop? I only know of 1 Mopar Specific shop close to Houston.
    Which one you talking about. I recommended diamond engines, not sure if he is talking about them.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

I didn't find anything on Diamond Engines. And I also would like to know which shop you are talking about. I have not found a local shop that is all mopar.

The name of the shop that I am leaning toward at the moment is Trumble Racing. The guy I talked to is actually on one of the Pro stock racing teams that runs the NHRA circuit.

Status

http://www.diamondbackengines.com/

IIRC Bill & David Nickens of ProStock Truck (Mopar Team) were from Houston as well. May try looking them up.

I would stick with someone that knows Mopars well.

I spent about 2 months of back and forth with 1 of the top Turbo Builders in the Nation and they were great but they were second guessing and questioning a lot of the features of the R3/W9 combo I have.

I know 2 other people that have built these engines to compete on their level so I know it can be done. RELIABLY!

I may just have to bite the Bullet and ship mine to Michigan and get Uratchko to do his thing.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

Status

I would call Diamond Back and ask them where their shop is!!

They had moved from Richmond to Needville.

BUT their address in Needvile is only about 5 miles from my Dad's house and we went by there 1 day and didn't see anything but houses. (Sub-Division)
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Status

Thanks Fink. I am checking out their website, I am going to call them around lunch time today. The local shop I found is a race shop. They deal with all kinds of motors. Mostly high end drag race motors. The guy is on one of the Pro Stock pit crews. With that said, I do agree with working with someone that knows Mopar motor in and out.

When I went to Trumble, the guy was a little hesitant to run the W9s with this setup, and wanted to look into Indy heads. I don't think either are a bad option, but I think in the long run, the W9's will have more potential.

Status

What transmission do you intend to use?
    My step mother legitimately thought you could raise boneless chickens.

edit: she once to her taxes to a taxidermy shop...my hand to god, this woman is a moron

Status

I am going to have Martin Saine build one for me. I would really like to go with a manual valve body, but we will see how it plays out.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey15 View Post
    Thanks Fink. I am checking out their website, I am going to call them around lunch time today. The local shop I found is a race shop. They deal with all kinds of motors. Mostly high end drag race motors. The guy is on one of the Pro Stock pit crews. With that said, I do agree with working with someone that knows Mopar motor in and out.

When I went to Trumble, the guy was a little hesitant to run the W9s with this setup, and wanted to look into Indy heads. I don't think either are a bad option, but I think in the long run, the W9's will have more potential.

OK! was just reminded of another TOP END Mopar builder in the Houston area (CONROE).

Nickens Brothers Racing Engines.

They have been in NHRA for years. ProStock and TopFuel stuff BUT they were also one of Mopar's Teams in Pro Stock Truck which ran the R3-W8/9 combos. So they know these combos well.

I'm gonna give them a call myself when I get ready to final assemble mine.
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2