+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: wishing to be a highway star

DRTC Member #1128

Status

Lambos are for tools
    01 Atlantic Blue CC RT-Hughes Iron Ram heads w/ 2.02 valves & light port, Comp Cam, M1, headers, Accel, FireCore, NGK, Flowmaster, 20" R/T reps, Belltech, Street Scene, tinted tails, clear headlights & corners, tint, 30k's in fogs, Kicker L7, Alpine Type S comp. kit, Alpine headunit, Alpine amp, Boston amp, Streetwires.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Ramrod View Post
    OP,
    If you want a monster from a roll, 5.3 swap your truck and hang a big-ass turbo on it. I'd suggest a new hemi, but frankly I don't know dick about them other than they're more expensive than 5.3s.
    if thats the case sell the dodge get a chevy, cheaper and 51561651561321321324x less headaches than tryin to put the chevy in the dodge
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvbo View Post
    Im a machinest and I think these R/T's are just amazing, and who knows? Someday Ill go 408 or maybe try to put a 392 hemi in it.. Your right it depends on how much cha ching you want to put it. I did the SCT tuner modified the intake trimming the runners thicker bellypan ported,high flow cat, super40 muffler, coldair intake, ngk plugs, spiral 8mm wires, 180 stat. I am getting some pulls done Saturday and letting Sean at hemifever to fine tune. Once I get the air fuel readout
    that might get you 280-300 crank hp

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrag360 View Post
    Lambos are for tools
    Jealousy is natural, even though it's super ugly.

Status

I'd much rather have this than a Lambo.

1200+WHP TWIN TURBO CORVETTE ZR1 - DYNO & STREET
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsport1000 View Post
    As long as you dont give me a 3 page diatribe about the dyes that were used to make the tee black and the shrink ratio if you use the high temp setting on your dryer causing the "Joe Dirt" look. Or, the advantages of the use of FOL tees over Beefy tee or the ratio of rayon or polyester to cotton used to make the tees and the sweat retention of both. Or the country that made the tees or the stitch count that hold the sleeves on, or (insert Charlie Brown's teacher here)wawawawa wawa wawa

I wouldn't mind owning that lambo, but I'd rather have a Henessey Venom GT.

2600 lbs, 1200 HP, 1155 ft-lbs. 0-60 in 2.5s, 0-200 in 15s

70-215mph run:

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Status

oooo i remember seeing the venom gt when it was being made, so sick!!!! i would own it lol
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Just stick a fucking 8.4L V10 in the dak, twin turbo it, lower it to the fucking ground, modify the ACR body kit from the viper to work with the truck, modify the suspension 4 link? ccws, gut it... and fucking let loose!

hell a friend and I have had the idea of gutting a AWD Durango R/T and attaching a Dakota to it, AWD Dakota R/T ftmfw!

DRTC #1064

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Just stick a fucking 8.4L V10 in the dak, twin turbo it, lower it to the fucking ground, modify the ACR body kit from the viper to work with the truck, modify the suspension 4 link? ccws, gut it... and fucking let loose!

hell a friend and I have had the idea of gutting a AWD Durango R/T and attaching a Dakota to it, AWD Dakota R/T ftmfw!
    gutting it?, sounds easier to just sick the dakota body on the durango frame but a boosted 408 with awd would be badass

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by 01dodgedakota View Post
    gutting it?, sounds easier to just sick the dakota body on the durango frame but a boosted 408 with awd would be badass
    That's what I meant.

DRTC #1064

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    That's what I meant.
    it wouldnt be that hard would it, just cut gotta make the bed mounts if they arent already there, as far as i've seen the rest of its the same

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by 01dodgedakota View Post
    it wouldnt be that hard would it, just cut gotta make the bed mounts if they arent already there, as far as i've seen the rest of its the same
    I looked into it, it's not as easy as it sounds, otherwise people would have done it already. The dakota body will not directly bolt up to the frame without a lot of work. I forgot what needed to be changed, but it was not easy. IMO.

DRTC #1064

oh and for all of you talking about fast cars, atleast show a good one off
    Attached Images Attached Images

DRTC Member #1128

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Last_in View Post
    Jealousy is natural, even though it's super ugly.
    Not jealous in the least bit. Lambos are overrated. Made for stuck up pricks with money. Spend 200k+ to run low 12s/ high 11s. I'll put 20k in the truck and run 9s all day long. I'm not about foreign cars. Muscle all day.
    01 Atlantic Blue CC RT-Hughes Iron Ram heads w/ 2.02 valves & light port, Comp Cam, M1, headers, Accel, FireCore, NGK, Flowmaster, 20" R/T reps, Belltech, Street Scene, tinted tails, clear headlights & corners, tint, 30k's in fogs, Kicker L7, Alpine Type S comp. kit, Alpine headunit, Alpine amp, Boston amp, Streetwires.

Not jealous in the least bit. Lambos are overrated. Made for stuck up pricks with money. Spend 200k+ to run low 12s/ high 11s. I'll put 20k in the truck and run 9s all day long. I'm not about foreign cars. Muscle all day.
    Sounds like you're jelly. Just because someone has money, they are stuck up. It makes me LULZ when I hear people say this.

Most aren't buying the car to drag race, just because that is your goal, does not mean they are interested in that.

It takes more than $20K to run 9's in our trucks, 'all day long'. I say that with 100% confidence.

Got Beer?

Status

It takes more than $20K to run 9's in our trucks, 'all day long'. I say that with 100% confidence.
    Thought I was doing something wrong. Hell he has just about 10k in his truck already, how far has that taken him?
    Last edited by SB440R/T; 04-11-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Quote Originally Posted by ADakotaRTGuy View Post
    Hell he has just about 10k in your truck already, how far has that taken you?
    Meh?

DRTC Member #1128

Status

What would it cost you to build a turbo r3...... Not more then 25k. I though the cars were bought to go fast? I've met a few guyd who have Lambos and they know nothing about the car. strictly bought because its a 'lambo'

Got Beer?

Status

Meh?
    Fixed it, haha
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Got Beer?

Status

What would it cost you to build a turbo r3...... Not more then 25k. I though the cars were bought to go fast? I've met a few guyd who have Lambos and they know nothing about the car. strictly bought because its a 'lambo'
    Maybe if you just build just the engine and turbo, but you have to put a lot more into these truck to get them to be able to handle the power.

Hell, block and turbo system and you are over 10k already. Add in standalone, quality heads and your at 15k. Sit down and add every nut and bolt and you will see that you will not come under 25k, if you plan on doing a quality build. I am sure you can build it for under, but it won't last very long. But everyone with a turbo is running 9's because its so easy.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

What would it cost you to build a turbo r3...... Not more then 25k.
    Depends on what parts you use, that or north of that easily. Yeah, don't forget about building the transmission to handle it. Plus the rear end. Oh and a cage to run those 9's all day long. Where are you at now?

DRTC Member #1128

Status

Lol your gonna argue over a few grand. Even if it was 50k! It's still a quarter the price.

I though the cars were bought to go fast?
    No.

I've met a few guyd who have Lambos and they know nothing about the car. strictly bought because its a 'lambo'
    Why are you concerned about them? It's their money.

Got Beer?

Status

Lol your gonna argue over a few grand. Even if it was 50k! It's still a quarter the price.
    You made the statement, we are the ones telling you that you are out of your mind.

And I would hand over the title to my truck anyday of the week for a Lambo. Don't mind being a douche, but I would be a douche in a lambo.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

DRTC Member #1128

Status

So why are they bought. I'm saying their a status symbol.

You are just arguing you can do it cheaper, which is pointless. No matter how you look at it, the lambo will have better all around driveabality and be able to make reliable power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast