Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GB interest on QA1 shocks

Status

Default GB interest on QA1 shocks

Who would be interested in a group buy on some QA1 shocks? I have a supplier that might be willing to work with me on this. I know a few had asked me about it earlier. I would need the part numbers and then I'll get pricing from there. It will be more a % off the price vs. set price for them as they have many different options available.

Let me know.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

http://megaswf.com/s/2536929

Blown and Squirted

Status

I am interested in front and rear shocks, but I would need a different rear shock PN as I am relocating my shocks to be horizontal. I don't have measurements yet. What time frame are we looking at?

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    I am relocating my shocks to be horizontal.

Going F1/Indy car style? Not even a v1p0r has horizontal shocks.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Blown and Squirted

Status

Haha, vertical. I guess I need more coffee. Although a lever/pushrod system might get me some more travel.... lol.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mtlcafan79 View Post
    Going F1/Indy car style? Not even a v1p0r has horizontal shocks.
    Haha hell yeah! Super modifieds run horizontal shocks too (and a totally off-set motor on the driver's side, about a 2 foot wide right rear, etc)
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Muscle Of Love

Status

I would possibly be in if we had concrete proof on what part numbers are needed for a 2/3 dropped R/T.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    I would possibly be in if we had concrete proof on what part numbers are needed for a 2/3 dropped R/T.
    x2.... I need some new shocks anyway
    - Justin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    I'm going to call them directly and find out what part numbers are for all of our different applications. Then I'll make a chart to correspond with the amount of drop so it's a quick and easy reference when others are looking for shocks.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    I'm going to call them directly and find out what part numbers are for all of our different applications. Then I'll make a chart to correspond with the amount of drop so it's a quick and easy reference when others are looking for shocks.
    Cool deal.
    That just means I will have my bilstein's for sale real soon.

Status
    Blog Entries

I want a set of double adjustable shocks I have the standard hotckis. Drop I call qa1 and they gave me the new part numbers but for the standard height trucks

Status

Ya ever get the part numbers?

Status

im interested in the double adjustables front and rear for the right price, but ill also be dropped 3/4 so that again is the issue..
    3"drop lca, tubular uppers, qa1 coilovers on all corners, parallel 4 link with panhard, gc tank relocated to spare location between rails, walbro 255, hotchkis front sway, srt4 seats, manual sunroof, stereo, dual 3" exhaust with electric cutouts,

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98ibccr/t View Post
    im interested in the double adjustables front and rear for the right price, but ill also be dropped 3/4 so that again is the issue..
    Yeah, looking for something to work with a 3/4 drop as well....don't have that drop yet but it's in the works...so count me in as interested too please, thanks!
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

is this going to happen ?

Status

Currently discussing with the manufacture to make sure everyone would get the proper shocks. The first 2 guys I spoke with were of no help and sounded as if they were reading directly out of a book telling me they only list one rear shock height and one front shock height for the Dakotas. I need to get some actual measurements at ride height for the shocks from mount to mount and call to discuss with them again.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Status

I just did a little researching on drop shocks...

I was looking into Western Chassis' DS-2 shocks on their website application guide and on Summit for more details. I found out the following.

DS-2 Shock #55824 is for the rear and is rated up to 4-5" drop on the application chart. It has a total extended length of 22.240" and a collapsed length of 14.570".

DS-2 Shock #50809 is for the front and is rated up to a 4" drop. Extended length = 12.200", Collapsed length = 8.110".

I figured this information may be useful for ordering the QA1's.

On a side note: anybody have good experience running western chassis DS-2 shocks?

Thanks
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

I will be interested in this.
    I got a 3/4 drop as well.

Status

Default QA1 sizes and such

OK I did some more research on QA1's. It seems that the 505 series shocks are good for the fronts...
    8.75" compressed
    13.5" extended.
    These are the shortest front shocks that QA1 seems to offer.

The rears are a bit of a different ballgame:
    According to this thread: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...ighlight=TS901
    Apparently the 901 series shocks do not work out of the box, the mounting bolt size is incorrect (which is why the QA1 application guide only lists up to '96 for Daks). However QA1 sells kits to change the bushings out to different bolt sizes so this is most likely a non-issue. Also, these are basically only good for stock replacements or mild drop applications anyways.
    14.87" compressed
    23.87" extended

Instead some others are running the 703 series (previously TC2501P) along with a ss300lt stud to eyelet conversion for the upper mount.
    see thread http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...ad.php?t=58230
    12.25" compressed
    19.00" extended
    This size seems a bit too short, but may work for drops 4"+. It's possible that the ss300lt loop conversion may add to the total shock length. I need to find out.

Ideally the best option IMO are the 801 series.
    13.5" Compressed
    21.0" Extended
    The only possible issue with these are the T-bar upper mounts. Might not be a huge deal b/c I think the T-bar can be pressed out and replaced simply with a bolt or bushing or both.

A quick phone call to QA1 should have this conundrum sorted out!
    Yea, I said conundrum....ask about it.

Blown and Squirted

Status

5 inches of travel in the front is how much at the wheel? Hopefully that won't limit down travel or it will compromise a drag suspension setup.

Status

5 inches of travel in the front is how much at the wheel? Hopefully that won't limit down travel or it will compromise a drag suspension setup.
    Well they offer that 505 shock in a "R" series for drag setups...http://www.qa1.net/qa1_motorsports/d.../r-series.html

I assume travel length is fine, if you look all of their models are ~5" travel

EDIT: the 505 series is good for lowered trucks. I believe the 501 is for stock, it also has 1/2" more travel than the 505.
    Last edited by JDreamR/T; 03-26-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Blown and Squirted

Status

Another note to consider is if you have drop springs, you might need a "lowered" shock, but if you have drop arms, you might need a stock length shock, since the shock mount moves down with the spring cup.

Status

Another note to consider is if you have drop springs, you might need a "lowered" shock, but if you have drop arms, you might need a stock length shock, since the shock mount moves down with the spring cup.
    Yes, that is an excellent point. I was thinking the same thing if I get drop arms I could actually get by with my stock front shocks.

In the end it comes down to having the proper measurements handy to order what you need. If you look at the application guide http://www.qa1.net/pdfs/drag_tech.pdf it will tell you how their shocks are measured.

Blown and Squirted

Status

I think I'm just going to install everything but the shocks and measure. Hopefully this group buy will be timed well for that.

Status

I think I'm just going to install everything but the shocks and measure. Hopefully this group buy will be timed well for that.
    Git-er-dunn!!!
    Yeah I think I'm going to do the same. It's really not that difficult. Biggest thing for me is finding out about how the shock mount conversions play into things. I have a completely stock setup right now, but I have on hand the full WC shackle/hanger kit and c-notch for the rear. All I needs are da WC arms and matching shocks for the rear dawg!
    Hopefully this group buy thing happens and will work out in everyone's favor.

Could this be why i have a shitty ride?
    I got 3" djm control arms. With Nitro drop shocks..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast