+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sub/Amp Setup

Default Sub/Amp Setup

Can anyobdy that has a CC RT with any kind of a custom stereo setup post some pictures.
    Has anbody heard of have a custom sub box that still allows you to use one of the back seats?

Status

It's all in what your looking to get out of a system, in all fairness even in a cc no one can or really wants to sit on that bench. I'm 6'3" so I need the added room of a cc. The rear speakers are kinda a waste of money. For a car or suv where people are actually there it's worth it. It in a cc fronts are all you need. Plus changing fears suck. I'm sure some will disagree, regardless I had a stereo stolen so I went with a discreet hidden setup. I have a kenwood excelon deck, and two focal 6.5s in the door with their tweeters in stock location. The sound is phenomenal! I hid my amp under ye rear bench on the drivers side, I had to cut some of the plastics base out for Clarence, and just ordered a 10" kicker truck sub and enclosure due to arrive today. It fits right behind the seat(I measured) and I plan to secure it to the floor(to rid vibration and bass loss) so I'll have more then enough clean thumping sound and to any prick looking in it won't appear worth the risk or time to break in.
    Good luck bud!

Still working on a riser and will be joining the two seats together. The height of the box will not allow the use of the brackets.

THINKFORYOURSELF
    Liquidkool

Got Beer?

Status

Single 10 and an Old rockford Punch 100x2 amp, wanted the nostalgic look since that is the Amp that was really big when I was in High School.

I have a whole thread from start to finish. I did the bottom out of fiberglass to maximize space since I could not go out to far because of the roll bar.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8518

Ignore the space between panels on this one, was not down all the way, was still tweaking.

2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Liquidkool, your seats do or do not fit over your setup? Are there any really effective systems that sit under the rear seats but dont require you to modify the back seats at all?

OG DRTC

Status

MTX Thunderform. Fits two 10" subs and goes under the rear seat. Both my kids still use the rear seat of my truck. No pics from me, but you can find plenty of pictures online. I have my amp mounted behind the drivers side seat on the floor. With the normal position of my seat, other than the aftermarket head unit, you can't tell I have a custom stereo in my truck. And my rear speakers work just fine in my CC and add to the overall sound. I would not want to have just front speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    MTX Thunderform. Fits two 10" subs and goes under the rear seat. Both my kids still use the rear seat of my truck. No pics from me, but you can find plenty of pictures online. I have my amp mounted behind the drivers side seat on the floor. With the normal position of my seat, other than the aftermarket head unit, you can't tell I have a custom stereo in my truck. And my rear speakers work just fine in my CC and add to the overall sound. I would not want to have just front speakers.
    Did you have to mod anything under the seat?

OG DRTC

Status

Nope, just have to remove the stock tool tray underneath the seat.

Thanks for the help guys.

---Under Construction---

Status

2 kicker cvr pro comps in a ported box w/ kicker 700.1 amp. For sale BTW with wiring kit (no amp). They hit hard and still leave the little seat there for someone small to sit in. I have sat back there (6'2") and its not too bad, pretty comfy with the arm rest actually and I can put my stuff in the little seat or on top of the box. I dont sit back there so doesnt bother me any!

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

monypit

Status
    Pro Classifieds

An enclosure I built and installed, 2 Alpine type R with power series amps.

Brian Akers AKA "Lunchbox"
    2001 CC R/T 408

http://youtu.be/ptIJR7scdBM

Lunchbox, that looks awesome. By far my favorite one that i have seen so far.

monypit

Status
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by craig12895 View Post
    Lunchbox, that looks awesome. By far my favorite one that i have seen so far.
    Thanks!!! I damn near cut my finger off building that sucker...no joke.
    Brian Akers AKA "Lunchbox"
    2001 CC R/T 408

http://youtu.be/ptIJR7scdBM

Quote Originally Posted by craig12895 View Post
    Liquidkool, your seats do or do not fit over your setup? Are there any really effective systems that sit under the rear seats but dont require you to modify the back seats at all?

yeah this one

THINKFORYOURSELF
    Liquidkool

I've got the MTX thunderform with the tens under the rear seat in my cc I love every minute of it too great sound and on occasion I have ppl tht ride back there they didn't notice a difference and they love the massage they get when the subs are on

v14 Mopar Mullet

Status

Here is the MTX Thunderform in mine. It's nice because it looks virtually factory when the seats are down.

Awsome setups guys...Thanks for the motivation!
    2000 CC
    11.37@122

Status

I have the mtx enclosure as well. My amp is mounted under the front passenger seat. The person who installed mine did a crap job with all the wiring though. I need to pull it all back out and redo the wiring. The enclosure is very factory appearing though.
    2003 Silver RC: 2.02/1.60 EQs by IMM engines, 218XR cam from hipotek, FRP tune, M1 2bbl, spintech headers w true duals, 1.6 adj rockers, 52mm TB, 2800 stall, lots of other shit.
    2000 White CC: DEAD!!! Zeus M1, Hipotek 53mm TB, Spintech Mids, x-pipe, true duals with Hooker Aerochambers; Mopar Performance ECU; CAI; Belltech Lowering kit.
    2002 Black RC: Long gone
    2005 Black Srt-4: AGP Delta 46 turbo. Sold it and it only took the guy 5 days to total it

2015 HD Dyna Street Bob: V&H Shortshots, FP3, SE Stg 1 Air Cleaner, Progressive lowering shocks.
    2008 HD Nightster: Sadly traded in

Status

How do you remove the psss side kick panel on a 2009 RT?

+ Reply to Thread