Thread: A/W Intercooler Kit

Status

Default A/W Intercooler Kit

Planning on putting together an air/water intercooler kit for those of you that are supercharged. The old kits that GSMotorsports had made up were not bad but they didn't make them I have a distributor for a/w intercooler parts, fans, etc... to make up a full kit. Also discussing with Turbonetics/Spearco however they are a lot more money. Trying to design a kit that works well but doesn't break the bank and can handle some power.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

http://megaswf.com/s/2536929

Muscle Of Love

Status

Sounds great, keep us updated on this.

Status

There are a lot of custom things I've got planned for you guys. The amount of vendors out there offering custom stuff for us is getting thin. Trucks are simply too old. Can't wait to get more things to offer you guys. Post up for things your interested in and I'll see about getting it done!
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

Status

Any updates on the intercooler kit? I may be interested

Status

I am also interested in the intercooler. Any updates?

---Under Construction---

Status

I could def. benifit from this. Any progress on the kit?

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

Muscle Of Love

Status

I believe he is busy and still has to finish up the headers he is making. So he might be awhile on this. Don't hold me to it though.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    I believe he is busy and still has to finish up the headers he is making. So he might be awhile on this. Don't hold me to it though.
    You are correct sir. With a full time job, working out, being married, working on making a baby and running a business things take a little longer. I will definately be doing this just not 100% sure on the timeline.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

DRTC #311

Status

Interested to see what you come up with. I'm pretty happy with mine... the right combo of off the shelf parts kept things pretty cost effective too.
    pete

Status

Well I've started this progress with getting something designed up. I might have a couple of different kits for different price ranges and HP ratings. The cheaper kits I'll likely use some off the shelf parts with a custom intercooler. Higher quality kit will be all custom manufactured. Working with a couple of companies on this. Just so I have an idea what sort of price range are you guys wanting to see for these so that I can have something to go by? I know the custom ones will be pricey for sure.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    Well I've started this progress with getting something designed up. I might have a couple of different kits for different price ranges and HP ratings. The cheaper kits I'll likely use some off the shelf parts with a custom intercooler. Higher quality kit will be all custom manufactured. Working with a couple of companies on this. Just so I have an idea what sort of price range are you guys wanting to see for these so that I can have something to go by? I know the custom ones will be pricey for sure.
    Two suggestions - first off pricing - I think sub 1000 dollar range would ensure you at least sell some. Water pump, heat exchanger, reservoir, plumbing, fittings, etc....less the aftercooler is under 500 and you should be able to find an off the shelf core for under 500 hell frozen boost has one that is CLOSE to the right size for under 200. This would be for a base kit.

My other suggestion is if you want to do the legwork on the core design, something that works with vortech, paxton, powerdyne and such like we did with the GSM kit, stop there. Let people source their own parts to complete the kit as that what MOST people want to do. Then I think you would be able to sell some because people could piece it together as money allows.

Just my .02

Todd

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

I'm awfully happy with the results from my monster IC. Although, every time I lift it off the truck I am reminded about how friggin' heavy it is.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

I was just wondering if this kit ever got made? I know the post is about a year old but it caught my eye

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SlowRT360 View Post
    I was just wondering if this kit ever got made? I know the post is about a year old but it caught my eye
    Unfortunately other things took priority and this took the back seat. I am hoping to get this designed and bang out a couple in the next couple of months.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods