Thread: Paxton Pulley's

Default Paxton Pulley's

Since you have a Paxton, would you be interested in making and offering different size Paxton crank pulley's?

Blown and Squirted

Status

Also interested, either this pulley or a cobra pulley will become what my kit's drive is designed around.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

What size are you wanting to use, Chris?

Status

I most certainly would offer such a thing. Are you thinking blower pulley or crank pulley or both?

I'm playing around with a cog pulley set up but haven't had much time to put forth towards the project.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

http://megaswf.com/s/2536929

Blown and Squirted

Status

Not sure yet, making sure the drive I decide on is cross compatible with existing parts and hopefully ones that will be availible for the forseeable future, to avoid this very isssue. That is the primary concern. I need 18,000rpm at 6500 rpm so a drive ratio of 2.76:1. KB offers pulleys from 4.25" to 2.5" When used with the orginal 4.25 pulley and a paxton crank pulley the ratio is nearly "stock," and with a 2.5" it is slightly over the max speed at 6500rpm.

Depends how small one can go with the compressor without slip. If 3" was the minimum, the crank pulley would need to be 8.3" to hit 18,000 rpm at 6500rpm.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    I most certainly would offer such a thing. Are you thinking blower pulley or crank pulley or both?
    I'm more interested in a crank pulley, the blower pulley's are readily available online, such as Reichard Racing. No one however, sells different (bigger) size crank pulley's for us.

gen III traitor

Status

I would also be interested in a larger crank pulley. I forget what the stock size is, maybe 7.5". I think a 8" or 8.5" would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Blown and Squirted

Status

The paxton pulley is ~7.33 to the OD of the rib.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick 660r View Post
    I would also be interested in a larger crank pulley. I forget what the stock size is, maybe 7.5". I think a 8" or 8.5" would be a good idea.
    I'm after an 8.5"

gen III traitor

Status

I would like to spin it balls to the wall at 6k with a 2.2" sc pulley.

That's exactly what I want to do, max it out around 6000 RPM.

Do you mean 3.2"? Because with a 2.2" and a 8.5" crank you'll over spin the blower any RPM after 4021 RPM!

I want to run this setup, 8.5" Crank and a 3.2" SC pulley will max out the Novi 2000 at 5849 RPM.

gen III traitor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Last_in View Post
    That's exactly what I want to do, max it out around 6000 RPM.

Do you mean 3.2"? Because with a 2.2" and a 8.5" crank you'll over spin the blower any RPM after 4021 RPM!

I want to run this setup, 8.5" Crank and a 3.2" SC pulley will max out the Novi 2000 at 5849 RPM.
    yeah 3.2, so 8.5" is what I want.

Sweet! So we have two 8.5" crank pulley's wanted, so far.

Status

I'll get working on these in the new year! Might be a bit tied up finishing the header jig and a couple sets but then will work on this one.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

gen III traitor

Status

I'll get working on these in the new year! Might be a bit tied up finishing the header jig and a couple sets but then will work on this one.
    Chad, it's been a LONG time since we've done business but it seems like things are going well.

*Crap, new to this vendor forum stuff. Added my post to yours by accident instead of replying. Sorry about that.
    99blackrt.
    Last edited by 99blackrt; 12-22-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Status

[QUOTE=Sick 660r;223053]Chad, it's been a LONG time since we've done business but it seems like things are going well.

It has been a while. I look forward to doing business with you in the future. Things are going pretty good. Have been doing quite a bit for some of the local imports here but want to get back to my roots and try to keep everyone here going with what they need. I'm up for fabricating or putting together parts to make up kits for almost anything you could want.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Sweet, that's perfect timing for me.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Can't wait to see some pictures and get the pm saying they are done.

Status

Can't wait to see some pictures and get the pm saying they are done.
    Working on the jig next week. Hoping to get it finished up then will make a mock set and try them on a few different years of trucks. If all is good and no changes need to be made should be working on a set for you mid January.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Have you had time to think about or work on this lately!?

Don't hate me, but I might go else where.

I like free kittens

Status

I'll do one! buy me a block of billet, and I'll whittle it down with my angle grinder. I can even do grooves for a serpentine set-up

just kidding.

Maybe...
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Yikes!

Update, a guy local to me is making an 8.5" crank pulley for me. So I no longer need one.