Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Custom Race Headers

Blown and Squirted

Status

Has anyone verified this rule applies to vehicles with full exhausts? It seems to be for dragsters and other open collector applications.

Until I get flagged for it, I'm not bothering. They are not going to fall off with a properly supported exhaust behind them.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    Has anyone verified this rule applies to vehicles with full exhausts? It seems to be for dragsters and other open collector applications.

Until I get flagged for it, I'm not bothering. They are not going to fall off with a properly supported exhaust behind them.
    Mine are bolted to mufflers, mufflers bolted to the truck. If they fall off, it's because the truck fell off.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

---Under Construction---

Status

Thats dumb how the the collectors bolted to the primary's wont pass because it could get loose. Your exhaust/down tubes are bolted to the collectors the same way, but they don't need a tether?

My R/T build (rebuild) thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133167
    Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post
    It's an emissions thing. someone, somewhere said that the millions of gallons of gas that evaporate to the atmosphere every year was killing tree frogs on some south african isalnd or some shit, those endangered tree frogs can suck my left nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    If they fall off, it's because the truck fell off.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    Yeah I'd be curious to know if the tabs I welded on each collector that bolt to the couple tabs on the primary pipes would pass. I would think so. They aren't on every primary tube but there are two and they have a 1/2" weld holding them on. I would think that would be sufficient enough. No way the collectors are coming off if those 2 bolts per side are installed and tightened. I can't remember Dan, did I send you the bolts with the nylon locking nuts for those?
    Yup nylon locking nuts.

Mine are bolted to mufflers, mufflers bolted to the truck. If they fall off, it's because the truck fell off.
    That's how I feel about this. I will say I saw years back a ratty 70 superbee puke its collector back onto the track. Car was a rot box held together with bailing wire. Stupid rednecks

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Yup nylon locking nuts.

That's how I feel about this. I will say I saw years back a ratty 70 superbee puke its collector back onto the track. Car was a rot box held together with bailing wire. Stupid rednecks
    I had a guy in some Chevy thing come up to me in the pits all pissed off because I refused to line up against him during a T&T night, the thing was a piece of crap, he said I embarrassed him......LOL

Stupid fuck....
    11.27 @ 118.23

Muscle Of Love

Status

I had a guy in some Chevy thing come up to me in the pits all pissed off because I refused to line up against him during a T&T night, the thing was a piece of crap, he said I embarrassed him......LOL

Stupid fuck....
    Well they do build their cars/trucks off magazines, and the local supermarket for parts. What do you really expect? LOL price any older chevy race car. Dirt cheap to buy.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Yup nylon locking nuts.

Did you notice if the nylon in the lock but has melted at all from the heat?
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

http://megaswf.com/s/2536929

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    Did you notice if the nylon in the lock but has melted at all from the heat?
    It didn't melt before I put the heat wrap on the exhaust. Not so sure now, after 6 hours of dyno time and issues. It probably has melted some, I know the paint on my firewall on the passenger side bubbled. Next time on the dyno it won't be 6 hours. Will be a ton faster with proper engine management system in place.

Black Pearl

Status

I'm picturing that in my mind
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    I'm picturing that in my mind
    Tin Can 3.0
    11.27 @ 118.23

So got any sets available?
    1998 Dakota R/T
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5Qwt4vRdHrM/UqZdWhLt2tI/AAAAAAAAAB8/WtseaWnGPTM/w732-h549-no/1384281_10151646266675723_1560687758_n.jpg

Red trucks are faster

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99DakotaRTCC View Post
    So got any sets available?
    I second this^
    have read through all the nonsense looking for pics too.
    What kind of prices?
    Thank you
    Your problem isn't the problem. Your reaction is the problem.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14597&dateline=143749  2005

Accumulating parts...

Status

Still waiting here as well
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6