Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Race Headers

Status

Sorry guys I haven't had much time to work on much. Got everything figured out with the new broker and expect the last of my materials late this week early next week. Hoping to get a set built next weekend!
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

http://megaswf.com/s/2536929

Status

Updates on this?

Muscle Of Love

Status

Cough.....

Accumulating parts...

Status

My gray truck will be under the knife shortly for a new engine and a bleeding trans.
    Perfect time to ditch the JM Longtubes and go with something bigger & better....
    no rush, just bumping the thread
    Are the "down pipes" to connect to the collectors going to be made as well?
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    My gray truck will be under the knife shortly for a new engine and a bleeding trans.
    Perfect time to ditch the JM Longtubes and go with something bigger & better....
    Little birdie told me last week that stuff is happening within the next 2 weeks. Wondering if Chad works for the government? Cause he sure knows how to hide stuff.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    Nothing wrong with the jm's other than the 2.5" collector. Im cutting it off and welding on a 3" collector. My engine guy actually thought they were a nice header being equal length and all.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

Well here's a little progress. Sorry for the delay here guys. I'm starting to feel like I'm in the circus as a juggling act (full-time job, business which is growing rapidly on the side, and now a pregnant wife!)

Hoping to get everything wrapped up soon for the first set.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

Status

A few pics. I ended up making some more changes on the fly to make them fit and look even better. I'll have to modify my jig now lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 99blackrt; 05-10-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Muscle Of Love

Status

Hmm I seem to remember seeing those pics recently. Lol
    Keep up the good work bud.

Status

Those going to be 2 piece? why not make them with V bands instead of collectors, just asking.btw! cause my 3 bolt 3" solidly welded collectors are a bitch to bolt on!

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Those going to be 2 piece? why not make them with V bands instead of collectors, just asking.btw! cause my 3 bolt 3" solidly welded collectors are a bitch to bolt on!
    Chad and I are seriously talking about v bands for the collector.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    They are going to be v-band. I'm only using the 3 bolt for ease of fabrication purposes. They are a 2 piece as thats the only way you can get these installed. The collectors are a slip fit with welded tabs on the pipes and the collector that you put a bolt through to keep the collectors tight to the primary tubes. For installation there is a special sequence they need to be installed in order for them to all fit properly. Once I get these finished I'll be writing up a short installation instruction sheet to help make it easier.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Status

Nice! I've got a set of LT hookers i got from krc, they are cerma coated but they are a bitch to install, plus i pd. a G' for these, and im thinking about cutting them straight and installing V bands! what are yours going to run?$
    Last edited by blackknight; 05-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.

No, I'll never buy Dakota headers again. But good work, Chad!

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Those looks really nice! I think it would be a bit overkill for my truck though.

DRTC #1064

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    Those looks really nice! I think it would be a bit overkill for my truck though.
    Thanks! I will likely end up making a set of 1-3/4" primaries to a 3" collector for the smaller builds.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Last_in View Post
    No, I'll never buy Dakota headers again. But good work, Chad!
    Thanks Patrick!
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Sweet i'll be looking forward to some updates and prices, wouldn't mine redoing the exhaust on my truck.

DRTC #1064

Status

Well these have a lot more room around the steering shaft then any of the others that I've seen including my spintech mids. Almost done the set
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    Well these have a lot more room around the steering shaft then any of the others that I've seen including my spintech mids. Almost done the set
    Looking good,

Status

Awesome work. Cant wait til they are for sale. Biggest primaries I can have with a 3" collector.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99408kotar/t View Post
    Awesome work. Cant wait til they are for sale. Biggest primaries I can have with a 3" collector.
    Thanks man. Surprising they fit really well without any issues. I'm going to dig up an a/c set up so I can check and see if they are clear for those running a/c. If not I'll have to redesign the passenger side to clear the a/c.

As for the primaries and a 3" collector that is no problem. These are currently a full 2" primary from flange to collector with a 3.5" collector flange. I'll be using a vband on the collectors unless someone specifies they want different. Also going to be installing 2 o2 bungs in each one for the o2 sensors and also for the guys running a single or dual wideband.

Not sure when I'll be able to make more but depending on the next few weeks I might make 3 or 4 sets just to have them done. Obviously I would be keeping a set for myself lol
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Status

Nice work! I'd have paid more over the spintech mids just to have the headers not touch anything they were not supposed to! (IE, the passenger lower back control arm mount on the frame...annoying rattle from collector contact distpite grinding on the collector flange for more clearance and Richard's torque strap). That and stainless too for a one time purchase due to it being more difficult to remove and replace those as opposed to exhaust system.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Intense RT View Post
    Nice work! I'd have paid more over the spintech mids just to have the headers not touch anything they were not supposed to! (IE, the passenger lower back control arm mount on the frame...annoying rattle from collector contact distpite grinding on the collector flange for more clearance and Richard's torque strap). That and stainless too for a one time purchase due to it being more difficult to remove and replace those as opposed to exhaust system.
    Man those headers in the pics will look tits on the 408 here soon.

Dirty Jerzey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Man those headers in the pics will look tits on the 408 here soon.
    That things still not done yet? At least you tracks open year round
    2002 AB CC R/T (R.I.P)
    11.52@116.61 w/1.67 60'.

2002 AB QC 4.7 4x4

www.schroermasonry.com
    Facebook.com/SchroerMasonry

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast