Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Race Headers

Status

Well pretty much have everything tweaked the way I want. Now just have to order some more materials. Here's a glimpse at the jigs. Looks like a cluster f*^k.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

http://megaswf.com/s/2536929

Status

Those are gonna be sweet....
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Muscle Of Love

Status

Can't wait to buy these headers!

Status

whats going to be the price on these? i have LT hookers ceramic coated from ol Krc, and i pd a G! for them. and when i had a/c i never had to remove it, just the steering shaft and lower the rack & pionion, plus cut a little bit of the A arm hangers.

Status

Haven't got the price calculated yet as I need to figure out how much materials are going into it. I'm waiting on a few prices from places around here for the flanges. As for having to cut anything that won't be necessary to make these fit. There are a few tighter areas but still have clearance. I need to get a truck that has a/c in the shop so I can test fit to see if they will fit. The issue is likely going to be the install. For now the reason these are for non-a/c is because thats what I've had to mock from. I could see then maybe fitting but to install you'd have to remove the canister from the firewall and pull the lines out of the way. Also looking into coating prices as well. These are a custom build not a ram header modified to fit so they will be a touch more in price I'm going to guess but once I calculate everything I'll let you know.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods
    Paxton Novi 2k Supercharger @ 12lbs, 2.02R/T Stage III port/polish w/5 angle valve job, 58mm F&B TB, M1 4bbl, 1.6 HS Roller Rockers, Custom Cam, JP double roller timing chain, MP lifters, Custom Long Tube Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust (no cats), SCT, Viper 3000 Stall Converter, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Caltracs, M&H 325/45/17s

Got Beer?

Status

See if anyone on here can make the flanges? PIE or Brandon come to mind.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Supporting Vendor

Status

Here's a glimpse at the jigs. Looks like a cluster f*^k.
    Yeah, jigs usually aren't pretty. lol You should see some of mine. You'd look at them and think, WTF? ...but, as long as they serve the purpose.

Got Beer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Yeah, jigs usually aren't pretty. lol You should see some of mine. You'd look at them and think, WTF? ...but, as long as they serve the purpose.
    Richard, can you make flanges? Not that I am buying, just opening more options for Chad, sorry if I am stepping on toes.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

chad, sent you your quote, lmk!

99 IB CC 6.7 727 Black 20" R/T's Accel DFI standalone
    99 DA CC sold!
    1pc port plates FOR SALE, pm for details

Supporting Vendor

Status

Richard, can you make flanges? Not that I am buying, just opening more options for Chad, sorry if I am stepping on toes.
    I can have some made Dave but it wouldn't be in-house at this point in time. A guy like Unknown_element can probably handle small quantities fairly well.

Status

I've been talking with Dave as well as a local company. I want to try and support those of you on here helping the group out so I'm likely going to go with Dave!
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Got Beer?

Status

Good stuff
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

DEF. interested in a set they sound like they will be above the rest of the options out there.

99 BK cc RT, Daily Driver

gen III traitor

Status

Not sure if you've considered this yet but you should probably make sure they fit on sc setups.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sick 660r View Post
    Not sure if you've considered this yet but you should probably make sure they fit on sc setups.
    Thanks Joe, yeah I took that into consideration and they will fit with sc setups. I used my truck for part of the mock up. Only thing I don't have is an a/w intercooler set up ...... yet but I have a mock up intercooler made and it clears that too so all should be good.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

gen III traitor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    Thanks Joe, yeah I took that into consideration and they will fit with sc setups. I used my truck for part of the mock up. Only thing I don't have is an a/w intercooler set up ...... yet but I have a mock up intercooler made and it clears that too so all should be good.
    forgot you had a paxton

Part your red sport out and buy a gen 2. Problem solved.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Cough.

"Bleach Master"

Status

You got my intrest, I was quoted $850 for a custom set of headers made for my truck. You don't gotta worry about the tranny crossmember on my truck either.

DEPUTY
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Any updates?
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

Updates.

bump for updates and deputy were you getting those for $850

99 BK cc RT, Daily Driver

Status

Sorry I haven't provided an update as of late. I'm currently in the process of switching custom brokers and the fact of the matter is its cheaper to bring the pipe up from the USA vs buying it locally. This should be finalized early next week then the shipment of bends I ordered will be able to clear customs. Once I receive them I'm going to take a few days off work to work on the first for Dan.
    Chad
    1999 Dodge Dakota R/T

Mods

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackrt View Post
    Sorry I haven't provided an update as of late. I'm currently in the process of switching custom brokers and the fact of the matter is its cheaper to bring the pipe up from the USA vs buying it locally. This should be finalized early next week then the shipment of bends I ordered will be able to clear customs. Once I receive them I'm going to take a few days off work to work on the first for Dan.

Muscle Of Love

Status

Accumulating parts...

Status

12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast