+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE 5 Lug Conversion our Trucks

Status

Default TRUE 5 Lug Conversion our Trucks

working on making a full 5 lugs conversion for kotas/rangos... front hubs will be billet steel... so no spacers/re-weld/no worries... rears will prob be new axles from moser/strange/etc bolt pattern will be.... 5x4.5 and what ever else you guys want!! 8 bolt pattern anyone??
    Making Big Brake kits for 1997-2002 Dakota-Durangos 2x4-4x4
    1996 and earlier Big Brake kits on the way

Blown and Squirted

Status

I don't think anyone wants 8 bolt. The problem with 6 bolt was it was too "trucky" for the size/weight/loading of the R/T.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    I don't think anyone wants 8 bolt. The problem with 6 bolt was it was too "trucky" for the size/weight/loading of the R/T.
    Oh come on buddy no.... big freightliner Alcoa riiims on a Dakota? Hahaha think it would look shaweeeet

Needs more boost

Status

Is that the SRT8 bolt pattern? If not would you be able to do the SRT bolt pattern? I think I remember seeing ChallengerSRT wheels on someones dak and they looked sweet!
    --Justin
    ----------------------------------------
    '87 Ramcharger 360 swap and 35s

'06 300C SRT-8 Diablo 93 oct, 176 t-stat, no cats 12.3@113

'00 Dakota R/T Prev: 386whp/425tq 11.73@115.8 NOW: Under the knife

5x4.5=5x114.3
    SRT=5x115

Status

We can do whatever bolt pattern u want no problem. 4 lug Honda civic riiiims? Hehe

13 Second Club

Status

I'd probably be in too depending on the price... Changing all 4 wheels is already expensive, so I'd have to see, but it's intresting for sure.
    2002 Dakota R/T CC
    13.75@99.42MPH
    1.7 RR, 160° T-Stat, 4.56 Gears, 52mm TB, Caltracs, Hotchkis TVS, K&N FIPK, M&H Drag Radial, M1 Intake, QA1's Shocks, SCT Tuner, Spintech Mid-Lenght Headers, Spintech True Dual Exhaust, Street Edge Converter, TransGo Shift Kit

Status

Nice to have options.

The price would need to be reasonable.

Inexpensive, say Summit Racing, brand wheels + conversion = still a few hundred cheaper (if possible) than just ordering the popular custom wheels...at least for a person with a budget.

Because it's going to be hard to get people to buy a conversion and get past the initial entry fee if they don't feel they came out better than they would have.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Yup, price will be key. Some will do it just to have more wheel options, but most will want it to work out cheaper for the whole package. Altho, the idea of being able to buy a set of street wheels and a set of race wheels for less than a set of CCWs or Bogarts, is definitely promising.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Quote Originally Posted by Intense RT View Post
    Nice to have options.

The price would need to be reasonable.

Inexpensive, say Summit Racing, brand wheels + conversion = still a few hundred cheaper (if possible) than just ordering the popular custom wheels...at least for a person with a budget.

Because it's going to be hard to get people to buy a conversion and get past the initial entry fee if they don't feel they came out better than they would have.

Kinda seems like the opened up wheel selection would justify the expense; get a nice set of rollers and the swap for less than a pair of CCWs or equivalent.

5.9: 234 RWHP - 296 RWTQ

Status

I've actually been trading e-mails on this and I'm seriously looking at doing the conversion on mine...

It'll open up a TON of wheel options, we didn't have before, including some of my Favorite wheel designs.....

I'm actually looking at doing a mild Pro Street Conversion on mine and this will help a lot...

I'm planning a 18x9.5 or 18x10 rear wheel using a old school design with a set of 30x12:00-18 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R's.
    Ron
    01' Dakota SVR CC 5.9 R/T

2008 Carlisle All-Truck Nationals Mopar 2wd or Lowered Mini-Mid Size 2nd Place Winner!

01' Dakota SVR RC 4X4

2008 Carlisle All-Truck Nationals Mopar 4wd or Lifted Mini-Mid Size 1st Place Winner!

2009 Carlisle All-Truck Nationals Mopar 4wd or Lifted Mini-Mid Size 2nd Place Winner!

2010 Carlisle All-Truck Nationals Mopar 4wd or Lifted Mini-Mid Size 2nd Place Winner!

2012 Carlisle All-Truck Nationals Mopar 4wd or Lifted Mini-Mid Size 2nd Place Winner!

2013 Carlisle All-Truck Nationals Mopar 4wd or Lifted Mini-Mid Size 2nd Place Winner!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3240 View Post
    Kinda seems like the opened up wheel selection would justify the expense; get a nice set of rollers and the swap for less than a pair of CCWs or equivalent.
    My custom bolt pattern wheels from Centerline were 1153 shipped for reference. Street and strip wheels.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

Quote Originally Posted by Intense RT View Post
    My custom bolt pattern wheels from Centerline were 1153 shipped for reference. Street and strip wheels.

Nice price.
    Something like this wouldn't really be doable in a 6x4.5.
    Last edited by Dave3240; 10-27-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Status

What about for us guys who have viper brakes? Any way to make this swap without costing a lot.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

I would be interested in seeing 5X4.5" front hubs made for the 98 Dakota. I already have a 5X4.5" pattern for the rear with the Mopar 8 3/4" rear end. Let me know what the price is and if the bearings will be installed.

Mike,

Id be really interested in the 5x4.5 conversion. Do u have any estimate on pricing for a set up?

Muscle Of Love

Status

If you work a package deal on 5 lug convos and some of your brake packages I bet you could drum up some business.

Status

hey guys great to hear that alot of people are interested in this!! found affordable bearings "just the double bearings themselves". This is my last of 3 weeks out of state will be home this sunday. next week we will be making big progress on these hubs. hopefully the bearings are at the house when i get home. already told the supplier i ordered these from how soon i can get alot more... he said soon. so... thats good. looking at hopefully less that $300 for the front kit with new moroso studs, bearings, CNC turned billet hubs. rears.... got couple different ideas for that.. wont know more till later. and as far as 5 lug conversion for you viper brake guys you pay to ship me your rotors and ship back to you and ill redrill for free if you buy a complete front/rear kit. or you can take to a local shop and have them redrilled either way be easy and cheap to do the 5 lug convo on a viper setup.

Thanks again for all the interest in this
    Last edited by brandonburns85; 12-15-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Status

Cool, im interested.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Status

Sweet!

00 IB CC R/T

Status

Quote Originally Posted by brandonburns85 View Post
    and as far as 5 lug conversion for you viper brake guys you pay to ship me your rotors and ship back to you and ill redrill for free if you buy a complete front/rear kit. or you can take to a local shop and have them redrilled either way be easy and cheap to do the 5 lug convo on a viper setup.

Thanks again for all the interest in this
    Or just buy 5x4.5 patterned 13" rotors...? *shrug* And for those with the Baer 2pc rotors, just buy new hats with the new bolt pattern.
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T
    '91 Graphite Turbo Targa Supra

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KicknAsphlt View Post
    Or just buy 5x4.5 patterned 13" rotors...? *shrug* And for those with the Baer 2pc rotors, just buy new hats with the new bolt pattern.
    Yea that would work as long as you could find rotors with the right offset

Status

Shouldn't be hard to find out...hell, I'll bet baer or Brembo would know for sure...and if they don't have an existing match, they might even drill a blank to the new pattern.
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

Status

Status

Quote Originally Posted by brandonburns85 View Post
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t74/Barbara_Wyckoff/Holidays/Christmas/Christmas%202/CJCC.gif
    Image exceeds bandwidth.....lol. If you'd like, I can host it on my server... *shrug*
    - Justin

'00 BW CC R/T

F-Quick Myspace Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast