+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 DRTC Nats Registration is Open!

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 03dakrt View Post
    Money sent
    thanks Dave
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kbabiasz View Post
    I have no problem paying, I just can see paying full price but only being able to take part in part of the events
    i forgot, what events did you want to attend?

if we broke it down to individual event payments i don't think there would be any way we could afford all the events.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by uwntsumrtII View Post
    i forgot, what events did you want to attend?

if we broke it down to individual event payments i don't think there would be any way we could afford all the events.

I would like to show up at the mounds if people go and i can get time off but at the moment i would just be able to show up for the show and shine and then the dream cruise.

And how do you figure you cant afford it? Im assuming that many of these events have some sort of discount or a group rate. And if you broke it down you could charge full coverage price for the particular event/s. Or does the money go towards more then just the events?

Store Bought!

Status

It's going to be about $10K to put this event on. $150 x the 45 people say that say they are coming= us already being in the hole. There is alot of other costs associated, awards, meals, some giveaways and raffles, printing all the meet packets, lanyards, etc, etc...We would love to be able to break it down, but we just can't. The dragstrip rental alone is $5k, while that may be discounted, that the most we've ever paid. This could be the last meet we hold due to lack of attendance and ever rising costs for everything.
    Jason Francis

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED R/T View Post
    It's going to be about $10K to put this event on. $150 x the 45 people say that say they are coming= us already being in the hole. There is alot of other costs associated, awards, meals, some giveaways and raffles, printing all the meet packets, lanyards, etc, etc...We would love to be able to break it down, but we just can't. The dragstrip rental alone is $5k, while that may be discounted, that the most we've ever paid. This could be the last meet we hold due to lack of attendance and ever rising costs for everything.
    Not to start a problem or anything but if there is a lack of attendance, dont go so big. Make it a weekend long thing, or a thurs-sunday type deal. Slapping in the middle of a week, even though its months down teh road, cancels it for a lot of people. Instead of going big like this one, you could do one in florida, have everyone gather for a friday night party or some small event friday, do a universal studios theme park type deal on saturday and do teh show and shine, raffle, and dinner or whatever on sunday. Theres just as much fun with half of the cost.

You have to factor in that on top of the $150+ people pay for this event, they also have to pay for gas and im sure those 5.9's and other big motors arent easy on gas. then theres food and travel time, and if they have kids or family. Theres more outside of just the truck family that people have to worry about that might hold them back.

Status

Not to start a problem or anything but if there is a lack of attendance, dont go so big. Make it a weekend long thing, or a thurs-sunday type deal. Slapping in the middle of a week, even though its months down teh road, cancels it for a lot of people. Instead of going big like this one, you could do one in florida, have everyone gather for a friday night party or some small event friday, do a universal studios theme park type deal on saturday and do teh show and shine, raffle, and dinner or whatever on sunday. Theres just as much fun with half of the cost.

You have to factor in that on top of the $150+ people pay for this event, they also have to pay for gas and im sure those 5.9's and other big motors arent easy on gas. then theres food and travel time, and if they have kids or family. Theres more outside of just the truck family that people have to worry about that might hold them back.
    the rental rates are cheaper during weekdays

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

What No racing Isn't that why everyone goes.

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

Status

YES THIS IS A LOT OF SHIT TO READ BUT IT MIGHT HELP SOMEWHERE DOWN THE ROAD

the rental rates are cheaper during weekdays
    but running weekdays makes you lose people running weekends might cost a little more, but more people would be able to come because there is a greater chance of getting time off and it could be a family event, kids dont have school on weekends so those with kids could come, a lot of people dont work weekends so theres more people.

Do something other then racing?
    I dont know how the money on the other end works but by what i have read about the lack of attendance and ever rising costs, in my opinion leaves a couple options.....

(THIS IS GOING BY THIS MEET ONLY and the info i have, I have no knowledge of the previous meets or attendance at those meets)

1. Keep running the meet like you are and hope that somewhere something picks up(i.e. attendance or economy picks up to lower prices.)

2.Make the meet a weekend long thing. sure you might not fit a ton of events in like this one but it opens new doors for people to come, less of a hassle to show up on a weekend then it is during the week, like i explained above.

3. Advertise more. During the last dakotausa meet, they advertised on like 3-4 forums and they attracted 30-40 trucks, that doesnt include people who brought family or people who couldnt drive their trucks so the teamed with somone else, and there were more that signed up but couldnt make becuase of money or work. This year, i took over advertising and i sent out 400+ invites on myspace, now given i sent out about 200 and screwed those invites up twice cuz of image codes and myspace being gay but overall i sent out 400+ invites to people. Thats just myspace. Dakotausa.com has 5000+ members, DAK-DUR has 6000+ members, Myspace has between 1000-2500 people in dakota groups alone, thats not counting other mopar/dodge/car groups. Facebook has about 700 in one of the groups. Car domain has 3000+ members. Then there are the other dodge/mopar/dakota/truck sites.
    Given a lot of those might be repeat people but if you send them a invite 2x or more im sure they will let you know. And thats a lot of people. A small group of 10 people advertising could easily knock out a few thousand of those, especially if i can do 400+ by myself in less then a week. Then there is advertising outside the internet. Dak-dur has buisness cards that members can pass out to people they see or meet on the road or in a parking lot, this brings in new people.

4. I know this is a truck group but if attendance is lacking, look to other models in the dodge community to join the meet, even if you keep everyone seperate it will give smaller groups a chance to do a national meet. It will open the doors to even bigger meets then what has already taken place. You dont have to keep it just dakotas and durangos.

5. Try and find some sponsors, usually they will eat up some of the costs if they can sell stuff and advertise. Yes it is hard to get sponsors but if you push and have all the right materials together it could happen.

6. Do fund raisers over the year. Do raffles or start a truck magazine specifically for dakota and durangos. I know there are some people who can photoshop a mag together and make it look professional. For publishing you can look to a company like the one that does car and driver or truckin etc. To get more funds to publish, let companies advertise parts and rims. Parts companies are always looking to find new mags to put their stuff into. If you cant find people on here to make a mag, look to people outside of here like on Photoshopedup.com, some of these guys can do crazy work and im sure if you offered some cash they would jump on board. Besides, I would be willing to pay the $24-$30 for a year subscription, especially since i do it for truckin and there are rarely any dakotas in it. I have basic-advanced PS skills, that flyer i posted in the other thread took less then 10min for me to throw together and it looks pretty good so a mag shouldnt be to hard to do.

7.Try and combine other meets with your meet. A big problem this year is the National R/T meet is the week of the woodward dream cruise, and is a month before dakotaUSA national meet which limits people who can go to both cuz of cash, work, and family. And though our meet isnt as big, there is an additional 20+ people that could pay and come. Dak-dur doesnt have a national meet that im aware of, so start one there and tie it into this one.

8. I know these meets are based on location and locations are picked by members. But if it gets bad try and to stick to one location and create a partnership with that location

EXAMPLE:
    Cedar point, you host your meet there one year. you do the show and shine then you hit both parks, one park one day, and the other the next day. You do the group rate thing. at the show shine you attract a lot of guests, take pics. Turn around and send them to CP managers and say check this out, if you can help sponsor our meet and or give us a discount price, we would be willing to do a truck show for you. this will not only help you money wise but it will give you a place that you can count on when meet time comes. This can be done with many places. Dakotausa meet this year is in the same location it has been the past 2 years and its still just as fun. Locations will be willing to help you out if they can see some sort of profit from it, even if they have to give you a discount or if they have to shell out some cash themselves

IF you are serious about the attendance being low and this possibly being the last meet because of costs, you have to revise how you put these together. Best way to do that is to shrink the meet to help shrink the costs, and then re-build from there. OR take a couple of the options above, throw them together and see what you get.

I know im new here and not a contributing member, but i am willing to help in any way possible. I dont know if any of my suggestions are worth anything, or if it brings some new ideas or something to think about but is just my opinion on what could be done to help. I took on advertising for the dakotausa meet on my on accord and i will never get anything from it and thats fine with me, as long as i know that i did what i could to help keep it around. And im sure there are others out there that are willing to help to keep this around.
    Last edited by Kbabiasz; 05-01-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gofastgray View Post
    Have you priced weekdays VS weekend hotel rates? Another thing to factor for the people who attend the meets. Some fly out. It is cheaper to fly during the slower days as well. Oh, and from some places I called for 2009's possible events...the rate for racing during the weekday is half what it is for the weekend.
    If the next meet ends up on the west coast, i'm going to contact magazines in advance. I like your idea about contacting people at cardomain. That would be a great way to advertise!
    4) This is a DAKOTA R/T club meet! Non r/t's are welcome and really help keep our attendences up. It is also nice to see non R/T's and I don't mind having anyone that wants to participate and have gen 1-2 daks, rams, and durangos. But it is supposed to be a special event to celebrate our trucks. Kind of the purpose of having the meets.

i'm gonna stop there for now.
    Well then someone should make polls asking people what they want, do they want it during the week or prefer a weekend, do they want to spend less or more to have it at those times, make a public poll on all the sites you advertise on and go from there.

And yes This is an R/T club, but it doesn't mean that this site cant start a sister site dedicated to everything else and then tie in the two national events. This will not only keep you guys separate but it will give bigger attendance.

Sometime in order to save something special, some sacrifices have to be made and most of the time, its for the better

Oh and to get magazines to come in and do their thing takes a lot of work from an outsider. You have to show them that this is something worth being part of, not that its not, but to them this is just another show, you have to show them and explain to them why this event stands out above the rest and should be taken very seriously. Also it helps to send them pics and info and contact information and to call them directly, not email or mail them
    Last edited by Kbabiasz; 05-02-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Status

i'm not gonna get into a bitch session with you. this is the way it's been done for years.....

Status

Intresting and glad to see you putting up some ideas.. Here are a few things I see,,first we are a club of racers,,I for one am not going to drive over a thousand miles to a event where we don't race and I like it all drags and autox..You talk about Dakota USA having 6,000 members and they pulled what 30 trucks to their meet.. To me that is a flop but then again I'm not going to drive half way across the country to camp out..
    We have had meets with in excess of 100 R/T's but I am afraid that day is passed so things have been opened up to other dakota /durango models and this is good..The gas crunch is hurting everyone and that makes attendance tough..Shoot just a few years back this club might and did have 50 trucks show up at the Houston mopar nationals and 30 or more show up for the Trucking nationals in Phoenix,,been there four times myself..
    You speak of possiably holding the meet on the weekend but when you are looking at 4 to 5 days travel for the round trip having the meet mid week is better,,I will only miss one weeks work as opposed to most of two weeks..
    As far as cost go..our officers have worked very hard to give us good value for our money,, things like a tour of the viper plant and the museum just to make it better for us and I for one appriciate all their hard work..Things are just tougher now and we have to form new stratagies and we will..Just do one thing show up if you are not entered it won't cost you a dime,,share a glass of mojo get to know a few of us,,you will not regret it..
    Last edited by Trueblue R/T; 05-02-2008 at 03:55 AM.

Trueblue R/T Drtc#204
    Lowest CC Houston
    2nd lowest Topeka
    slow but who cares

Status

i'm not gonna get into a bitch session with you. this is the way it's been done for years.....
    dude, im not bitching To quote the post that i was replying to
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED R/T View Post

Its just an opinion, if you guys want to keep doing this way, by all means go ahead and I will continue to participate as much as i can. Im not telling you that you have to change shit, im just giving my opinion based on what someone said, that is all. If this is what my post is going to bring then I'll drop it here, i dont want to start a problem, im just trying to help and if its not needed then thats all that has to be said
    Last edited by Kbabiasz; 05-02-2008 at 03:55 AM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue R/T View Post
    Intresting and glad to see you putting up some ideas.. Here are a few things I see,,first we are a club of racers,,I for one am not going to drive over a thousand miles to a event where we don't race and I like it all drags and autox..You talk about Dakota USA having 6,000 members and they pulled what 30 trucks to their meet.. To me that is a flop but then again I'm not going to drive half way across the country to camp out..
    We have had meets with in excess of 100 R/T's but I am afraid that day is passed so things have been opened up to other dakota /durango models and this is good..The gas crunch is hurting everyone and that makes attendance tough..Shoot just a few years back this club might and did have 50 trucks show up at the Houston mopar nationals and 30 or more show up for the Trucking nationals in Phoenix,,been there four times myself..
    You speak of possiably holding the meet on the weekend but when you are looking at 4 to 5 days travel for the round trip having the meet mid week is better,,I will only miss one weeks work as opposed to most of two weeks..
    As far as cost go..our officers have worked very hard to give us good value for our money,, things like a tour of the viper plant and the museum just to make it better for us and I for one appriciate all their hard work..Things are just tougher now and we have to form new stratagies and we will..Just do one thing show up if you are not entered it won't cost you a dime,,share a glass of mojo get to know a few of us,,you will not regret it..

Considering that last year was only the 2nd year for this meet and 30 trucks showed up, i dont see that as being to bad. Yeah dakotaUSA has 6000members but a lot of those arent around anymore or only post here and there so its not to bad. Every event has to start from something and 30 is a good something. And i would have loved to be at one of the meets with the 100+ trucks that you talk about, that would have been awesome and i hope that one day i will see a meet like that. I see your point with the two weeks thing. If i do attend i will pay full price just like the others, even if i dont make all the events which im sure i wont, but i wont be able to pay till later in the year if thats possible.

Status

LOL it would probably profit you if you did enter,,for some reason newbies always seam to win the killer door prizes so chances are good you will walk away with something worth far more than the entry fee...Me on the other hand don't win much at all except on the track but i don't care I'm gonna be there if I'm still breathing..

Trueblue R/T Drtc#204
    Lowest CC Houston
    2nd lowest Topeka
    slow but who cares

Status

dude, im not bitching To quote the post that i was replying to

Its just an opinion, if you guys want to keep doing this way, by all means go ahead and I will continue to participate as much as i can. Im not telling you that you have to change shit, im just giving my opinion based on what someone said, that is all. If this is what my post is going to bring then I'll drop it here, i dont want to start a problem, im just trying to help and if its not needed then thats all that has to be said
    sorry, that kinda came off wrong.

one of the main purposes, for years, of the club has been drag racing. the main draw for this years meet is the WWDC. so the 3 days prior to it are the best days to hold the meet. to a point your right. we're probably gonna have to break down the "National" meet into smaller regional meets. there are a couple of things we had to leave out of this meet that would have made it event better. i tried to get an actual road course to race around but another club beat us to it. i was gonna get a protable drive-in to come out and show a double feature.

we do post this up on various other boards. CarDomain is another great one to advertise on as well as fQuick.com. i will put together a bulletin to post up on both sites this weekend.

Panty Dropper

Status

I love my rims!!!!!!!!!
    Customized from head to toe. Truck Trend Magazine Favorite Show Truck From SEMA 2010, Featured in Truck Trend Mag Feb 2011, Feature Article CarAudio Mag and Featured in CarAudio Mag SEMA booth 2010. Truckin Magazine Full Feature issue 12, 2011 & Truckin Magazine Truck of the Year, Named 2012 Mopar Top Eliminator by Chrysler Corporation, Full feature and interview on Solo Films DVD Inspired Lifestyle. Sponsored by Memphis Car Audio, Tuff Stuff Performance, Taylor Wires, Viar Corp, Continental Tires, K&N, North Star Battery & Monzter MotorSports.

A Custom Truck is not created by how big your wallet is. It's the hands on effort you apply from your own ideas. Only then can it be called Custom-- Dynamic Installs

Status

i'm gonna repeat myself a little bit here....

Do something other then racing?
    we do. we have a Show-N-Shine which is usually held at a great location. some locations in the past: Summit Racing Store, a realy cool car place (don't remember the name or what it actually was), a park right on the Chessapeak Bay (sp), a historical old west town (actual town used in various movies), etc...

(THIS IS GOING BY THIS MEET ONLY and the info i have, I have no knowledge of the previous meets or attendance at those meets)
    i'll be giving you an idea of what we've done in the past

2.Make the meet a weekend long thing. sure you might not fit a ton of events in like this one but it opens new doors for people to come, less of a hassle to show up on a weekend then it is during the week, like i explained above.
    this is what we've discussed as maybe having to do in the future. maybe an East Coast Meet, a Mid-West Meet, West Coast Meet or sumthin along these lines. i think your forgeting that this is a "National" event. no matter what it can't be done in a weekend because of travel time for most people.

3. Advertise more. During the last dakotausa meet, they advertised on like 3-4 forums and they attracted 30-40 trucks, that doesnt include people who brought family or people who couldnt drive their trucks so the teamed with somone else, and there were more that signed up but couldnt make becuase of money or work. This year, i took over advertising and i sent out 400+ invites on myspace, now given i sent out about 200 and screwed those invites up twice cuz of image codes and myspace being gay but overall i sent out 400+ invites to people. Thats just myspace. Dakotausa.com has 5000+ members, DAK-DUR has 6000+ members, Myspace has between 1000-2500 people in dakota groups alone, thats not counting other mopar/dodge/car groups. Facebook has about 700 in one of the groups. Car domain has 3000+ members. Then there are the other dodge/mopar/dakota/truck sites.
    Given a lot of those might be repeat people but if you send them a invite 2x or more im sure they will let you know. And thats a lot of people. A small group of 10 people advertising could easily knock out a few thousand of those, especially if i can do 400+ by myself in less then a week. Then there is advertising outside the internet. Dak-dur has buisness cards that members can pass out to people they see or meet on the road or in a parking lot, this brings in new people.
    as stated before, that's not very impressive of numbers. but your right, the more advertising that is done the better the turnout.

4. I know this is a truck group but if attendance is lacking, look to other models in the dodge community to join the meet, even if you keep everyone seperate it will give smaller groups a chance to do a national meet. It will open the doors to even bigger meets then what has already taken place. You dont have to keep it just dakotas and durangos.
    this is not even an option IMO. there are plenty of other HUGE Mopar events around the country.

5. Try and find some sponsors, usually they will eat up some of the costs if they can sell stuff and advertise. Yes it is hard to get sponsors but if you push and have all the right materials together it could happen.
    this is a great idea. i'm sure it's been thought about. for me, i just don't have the know-how to do this.

6. Do fund raisers over the year. Do raffles or start a truck magazine specifically for dakota and durangos. I know there are some people who can photoshop a mag together and make it look professional. For publishing you can look to a company like the one that does car and driver or truckin etc. To get more funds to publish, let companies advertise parts and rims. Parts companies are always looking to find new mags to put their stuff into. If you cant find people on here to make a mag, look to people outside of here like on Photoshopedup.com, some of these guys can do crazy work and im sure if you offered some cash they would jump on board. Besides, I would be willing to pay the $24-$30 for a year subscription, especially since i do it for truckin and there are rarely any dakotas in it. I have basic-advanced PS skills, that flyer i posted in the other thread took less then 10min for me to throw together and it looks pretty good so a mag shouldnt be to hard to do.
    not trying to bash this idea but this would mean raiseing the membership rates.

7.Try and combine other meets with your meet. A big problem this year is the National R/T meet is the week of the woodward dream cruise, and is a month before dakotaUSA national meet which limits people who can go to both cuz of cash, work, and family. And though our meet isnt as big, there is an additional 20+ people that could pay and come. Dak-dur doesnt have a national meet that im aware of, so start one there and tie it into this one.
    this is the one that sparked this response from me. the hole point in the location and time of this years meet IS the WWDC. and besides that i don't see it being ANY kind of problem at all. the past two meets and this one we are trying to included Dak-Dur and DakUSA. that's one of the reasons we've opened it up to ALL Daks and Durs. we are the one's putting it together so that's why it's call the DRTC National Meet. i tried to push to have it called the "Dak-Dur Nationals"

8. I know these meets are based on location and locations are picked by members. But if it gets bad try and to stick to one location and create a partnership with that location
    this has also been discussed. and will more than likely be implemented in the future. we were in hopes of having the 10th An Meet back here in Detroit becasue that's where the first meet was. but the 10th An of the Dak R/T is just as good.

EXAMPLE:
    Cedar point, you host your meet there one year. you do the show and shine then you hit both parks, one park one day, and the other the next day. You do the group rate thing. at the show shine you attract a lot of guests, take pics. Turn around and send them to CP managers and say check this out, if you can help sponsor our meet and or give us a discount price, we would be willing to do a truck show for you. this will not only help you money wise but it will give you a place that you can count on when meet time comes. This can be done with many places. Dakotausa meet this year is in the same location it has been the past 2 years and its still just as fun. Locations will be willing to help you out if they can see some sort of profit from it, even if they have to give you a discount or if they have to shell out some cash themselves
    this goes back to this group being more into racing than just showing. if all we wanted to do was show we all would have bought 4-bangers and drove them threw the local Pep-Boys or JCWhitney. yes, we all want to make them look good but MoPowa is what we're all about. and getting together once a year to show that MoPowa off is where it's at.

IF you are serious about the attendance being low and this possibly being the last meet because of costs, you have to revise how you put these together. Best way to do that is to shrink the meet to help shrink the costs, and then re-build from there. OR take a couple of the options above, throw them together and see what you get.

I know im new here and not a contributing member, but i am willing to help in any way possible. I dont know if any of my suggestions are worth anything, or if it brings some new ideas or something to think about but is just my opinion on what could be done to help. I took on advertising for the dakotausa meet on my on accord and i will never get anything from it and thats fine with me, as long as i know that i did what i could to help keep it around. And im sure there are others out there that are willing to help to keep this around.
    all opinions are welcome. some may not be worth much (including some of my own ) but others are great. and some of yours are great...

one of the biggest things involved with these meets is the comrodery. the gathering of a BIG group of friends that otherwise only get to chat online. it's great to see friends you've made over the years and make/meet new ones.

i'm sure i missed a few things in my resonses but what i said is the way i felt. and pardone my spelling and grammer.......

Status

sorry, that kinda came off wrong.

one of the main purposes, for years, of the club has been drag racing. the main draw for this years meet is the WWDC. so the 3 days prior to it are the best days to hold the meet. to a point your right. we're probably gonna have to break down the "National" meet into smaller regional meets. there are a couple of things we had to leave out of this meet that would have made it event better. i tried to get an actual road course to race around but another club beat us to it. i was gonna get a protable drive-in to come out and show a double feature.

we do post this up on various other boards. CarDomain is another great one to advertise on as well as fQuick.com. i will put together a bulletin to post up on both sites this weekend.

See, i didnt know that this group was racing based, I just thought that racing was just a part of the meet that people wanted just because. And there are a couple drive in theaters still around here in michigan

junior my ass

Status

Since i've missed every meet as long as i've owned my truck (4-00) i don't think i deserve an opinion,but i would like to make a comment.Most long standing clubs have a central location (same place,same time format) for there meets.That way everybody has a fair chance to making it.On the other hand,this is a big country and to reach the four corners you have to move it around.Anyway i think you guys do an awesome job of putting on the meet and i wish i could finally make one, one of these days.Welcome to family life.

Status

See, i didnt know that this group was racing based, I just thought that racing was just a part of the meet that people wanted just because. And there are a couple drive in theaters still around here in michigan
    yeah, i've got a list of all the drive-in's in SE Michigan. but i also found a place that does a portable drive-in. 20' screen, broadcasts on FM Radio, they play two movies of your choice for $500.

Status

yeah, i've got a list of all the drive-in's in SE Michigan. but i also found a place that does a portable drive-in. 20' screen, broadcasts on FM Radio, they play two movies of your choice for $500.
    To respond to your post above this one explainging points. You said that for a mag would mean you would have to raise membership rates, i dont see why that would have to be. You can charge a year subscription for lets say $24 the cost of most mags and you push and advertise and get 1000 people to buy a subscription, thats $24,000 right there and since this isnt a magazine stand type issue, costs shouldnt be that high. Offer it to members on here and other dodge forums and if those people have friends that want the mag have them pay too. You could also do a mag rate and say somone only wants the mag there truck is in, you could charge $6 for the mag + shipping. Im pretty sure if you are working on a smaller scale costs wont be that high, it doesnt even have to have a ton of pages like truckin, it could be a 30-50page mag highlighting certain trucks and parts. Hell you could even do rebuild or swap sections. YellowKota2k did a full 4.7-5.7 swap and he took pics and basically wrote an article on it.

Idk, i just think it would be cool to make a magazine like this since like i said before, you dont see many dakotas in many mags

And then like you said, the name change. You guys are labeled as Dakota R/T club, and that is the name of your meet and that in a way discourages non-r/t people to join. I have known about the R/T meeting place in Pontiac during the WWDC for about 4 years now, however because it is the R/T meeting place, i have never stopped in because i felt i didn't belong, even though i had a Dakota. That changed last year when Ken and others from DakotaUsa said it was kool to stop in. So i did. I didn't stick around long cuz there weren't many people there when i got there. Im sure people without R/T's feel like they dont belong when it comes to joining your national meet.

Pumpkin Truck Driver

Status

what the hell... why are we having this discussion in this thread.
    Kba-blahblah- we've heard most of these ideas before, we just went through a long reviewal process in the club to see what we can do to help ourselves. as good natured as your input is, we've been over most of these issues ourselves already. you're not exactly coming to the table with some type of experience that makes you seem more credible than anyone else who has made suggestions. this is just annoying IMO.

anyone know have many people have signed up this far? i'll get to it soon.
    -John

old car, old Jeeps, old truck, new F30

Status

To respond to your post above this one explainging points. You said that for a mag would mean you would have to raise membership rates, i dont see why that would have to be. You can charge a year subscription for lets say $24 the cost of most mags and you push and advertise and get 1000 people to buy a subscription, thats $24,000 right there and since this isnt a magazine stand type issue, costs shouldnt be that high. Offer it to members on here and other dodge forums and if those people have friends that want the mag have them pay too. You could also do a mag rate and say somone only wants the mag there truck is in, you could charge $6 for the mag + shipping. Im pretty sure if you are working on a smaller scale costs wont be that high, it doesnt even have to have a ton of pages like truckin, it could be a 30-50page mag highlighting certain trucks and parts. Hell you could even do rebuild or swap sections. YellowKota2k did a full 4.7-5.7 swap and he took pics and basically wrote an article on it.

Idk, i just think it would be cool to make a magazine like this since like i said before, you dont see many dakotas in many mags
    yeah, your right.

And then like you said, the name change. You guys are labeled as Dakota R/T club, and that is the name of your meet and that in a way discourages non-r/t people to join. I have known about the R/T meeting place in Pontiac during the WWDC for about 4 years now, however because it is the R/T meeting place, i have never stopped in because i felt i didn't belong, even though i had a Dakota. That changed last year when Ken and others from DakotaUsa said it was kool to stop in. So i did. I didn't stick around long cuz there weren't many people there when i got there. Im sure people without R/T's feel like they dont belong when it comes to joining your national meet.
    as far as woodward goes we've never turned our heads of other vehicles parking there. and the past 2-3 national meets goes the same for Daks and Durs. a LOT of people thought they were not welcome to attend and i don't know where they get this from. i mean "i don't have an R/T so i can't go" is what we've heard countless times and this is NOT TRUE. i'm just trying to make a couple of things clearer here...

Store Bought!

Status

One thing to consider when discussing raising money for the club. We are a "non-profit organization".

I cannot fathom that ANYONE would not know that we are more of a race based club.
    Jason Francis

R/Tless...for now

Status

Has everyone that's posted in this thread registered? If not, GTFO (just kidding folks, lighten up)

Yes, we are always open to suggestions, that's the only way the club will continue to improve and move forward. Some are viable, some aren't, but I think all ideas should be discussed.

And yes, our meet is open to all Dakotas & Durangos, and has been for several years now, this is always mentioned when we advertise the national meet, and we try to hit all of the Dodge boards when we make the announcements.

As far as changing the name of the meet, that's a possibility, but so far we've only had a few non R/T's show up to the Nats. I don't know that changing the name would attract more people, maybe we'll run some market research and see what folks think.

We are absolutely a race based club, R/T stands for Road and Track, they were meant to go fast, so that's what we do. Whether it's in a straight line or around curves, it's all about going as fast as our wallets will let us

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast