+ Reply to Thread

Thread: U joints...does any part supplier know we have mixed caps?

Status

Default U joints...does any part supplier know we have mixed caps?

Besides O'Reilly's and Mopar...does anyone know we need a mixed cap U joint for the rear end position? When I worked for Advance a few years ago I took the time to send a memo to the supposedly "right" office to let the supplier know of this...checked a year or so after and ...nothing happened. Still no different part number for the rear end postion.

Parts houses will not let you, lol, buy one and get two caps off another for the Ram 1500 part number...I tried...no luck. Didn't expect it anyway.

For those unaware. The front position is not the problem. You can order the greaseable or solid U joints from any brand and get the one for an R/T or 318 dakota. Same part number, iow.

The rear position ...one axis uses the same cap diameter as the front U joint. On the other axis, Rear end yoke side, it uses the same cap diameter as the Ram 1500 because of the R/T having the 9.25 rear axle.

For the front U joint it appears the cap diameters for both axis is 1.063".

For the rear U joint, one axis is 1.063 and the other axis is 1.125".

I looked at Spicer's web site and they don't even list a 5.9 in their application search.

Precision has a part number...look anywhere else but O'Reilly's and these suppliers don't even list a different part number for the rear position. Here's O'Reilly's link to the part number , which I'm currently using btw. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1462&ppt=C0362

Need the solid type now just to be safe.

With that being said...anyone know of a supplier that can get me a correct rear U Joint with mixed caps and preferably a solid type?
    spi
    Back to Mopar's stock lifetime lubed solids? I want solids, but was hoping to get Spicer or Precision solids. (Spicer is DANA corp really so I wonder if stock is Spicer?)

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Intense RT; 03-16-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

MMC RETIRED!

Status

Spicer does make a OEM replacement for our trucks. just dont have the number handy at the moment. my drive shaft shop in SD has the number as they are a Spicer dealer.
    1999 DAP CC Dakota-mild/heavy mod
    14.2 Bremerton Raceway `05 NATS

2006 Magnum SRT8
    1 of 555 Brilliant Siver

Mommy mobile

2004 Dodge Caravan SXT

BEATER:
    1991 Honda Civic DX4dr sold at a profit!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by razman131 View Post
    Spicer does make a OEM replacement for our trucks. just dont have the number handy at the moment. my drive shaft shop in SD has the number as they are a Spicer dealer.
    On the spicer site I saw that they had only one part number. Should be another for the rear position. Hope I'm wrong.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

+ Reply to Thread