+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 meet?

Status

Default 2011 meet?

So now that this year is over with have there been any talks about next year within the executive board? This year was an awesome meet, however I'm not exactly sure how the national meet rotation is 'supposed' to go or where the next meet is 'supposed' to be or whatever. It is never too soon to start planning though.

Has ANYONE put any thought into anything? Any members that didn't get to make the meet this year but would love to be a part of the meet next year? I have a feeling the Texas boys might have something to say, maybe?
    My step mother legitimately thought you could raise boneless chickens.

edit: she once to her taxes to a taxidermy shop...my hand to god, this woman is a moron

Dirty Jerzey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1AmberR/T View Post
    So now that this year is over with have there been any talks about next year within the executive board? This year was an awesome meet, however I'm not exactly sure how the national meet rotation is 'supposed' to go or where the next meet is 'supposed' to be or whatever. It is never too soon to start planning though.

Has ANYONE put any thought into anything? Any members that didn't get to make the meet this year but would love to be a part of the meet next year? I have a feeling the Texas boys might have something to say, maybe?
    there is no more "rotation" . Basically it will be where ever we get proposals from. Any member is welcome to submit proposals to the exec board. not just a post saying have it here..but I fully planed event, with the totals costs...

(good chance of the meet being held mid country)
    2002 AB CC R/T (R.I.P)
    11.52@116.61 w/1.67 60'.

2002 AB QC 4.7 4x4

www.schroermasonry.com
    Facebook.com/SchroerMasonry

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

I looked into a meet in Texas even before Carlisle just to try and get an early start on it, but things didn't pan out. The costs would be excessive and the venues ridiculous to deal with.

I looked into the following places:

http://www.motorsportranch.com/
    They refuse to let trucks or SUV's on their property though. End of sentence and thank you for your inquiry.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/Schedule/
    They started the conversation by saying we would need a $6,000,000 liability insurance policy for the event. Then we could pay $$ to run the NASCAR track. We could also pay to use one of their parking lots for an Auto X. That would be another $2,000 + arranging and paying a club to host the timing aspect, then a little more $$ for an ambulance and a police officer for security.

http://www.dallasraceway.com/
    They never returned my e mails or phone calls, but they are rumored to be very difficult and expensive to deal with. The Muscle Car Club Challenge ended up canceling their event there this year, due to difficulties negotiating the price.

I don't really want to host a half ass, tag along event for a National Meet, so I decided to drop the idea. Bob Penfold still wants to try and come up with something (I think) and I'll be glad to pitch in and help any way I can, but I have to say the chances of a Dallas (or a Texas) meet, don't look very promising at this time.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Got Beer?

Status

Why not try and have it at Texas Heat Wave? Granted its in the Middle of July, but its a huge show and plenty of tracks in the Dallas Area to go do TNT, could probably even convince the track owner to block off two lanes for the club.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ADakotaRTGuy View Post
    Why not try and have it at Texas Heat Wave? Granted its in the Middle of July, but its a huge show and plenty of tracks in the Dallas Area to go do TNT, could probably even convince the track owner to block off two lanes for the club.
    I'm having trouble figuring out the schedule for Dallas. It looks as though it's either in September or November.
    About the only track that's friendly enough to work with you around here is this one:
    http://www.northstar-dragway.com/

It's an 1/8 mile and it's about 40 miles North of Dallas. They're cool as Hell out there though.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...37883260072479
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Got Beer?

Status

I dont think they have released their schedule yet. I just know their shows are generally very big and diverse.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

I think we'll get our best bang for the buck by piggy backing on another larger event, like we did this year

Status

Anyone that wants to host the Nats can do it. If you are seriously interested PM, or better yet call me. Make sure you have at least 30 minutes to kill before you do. Then I'll let you decide if you're still up to it.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

Only other large event I could think of would be do the weekend of the Mopar Nationals in Columbus or one of the chrysler classic events. There's a couple tracks around columbus that we could get for probably a good price.

Status

I wish we could do one in Vegas. Some of us wanted to back in the day, but the old Execs had something against the idea from the get-go.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Blown and Squirted

Status

It doesnt matter where it is or what we do, so long as we have a killer turnout like this past meet. IMO (killer for recent years that is)

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    It doesnt matter where it is or what we do, so long as we have a killer turnout like this past meet. IMO (killer for recent years that is)
    AMEN! None of that 2009 meet business
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

MMC RETIRED!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    I'm having trouble figuring out the schedule for Dallas. It looks as though it's either in September or November.
    About the only track that's friendly enough to work with you around here is this one:
    http://www.northstar-dragway.com/

It's an 1/8 mile and it's about 40 miles North of Dallas. They're cool as Hell out there though.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...37883260072479
    did ya hit up tha track in Ennis?? or the supposed new one by Devils Bowl??
    1999 DAP CC Dakota-mild/heavy mod
    14.2 Bremerton Raceway `05 NATS

2006 Magnum SRT8
    1 of 555 Brilliant Siver

Mommy mobile

2004 Dodge Caravan SXT

BEATER:
    1991 Honda Civic DX4dr sold at a profit!!

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    I wish we could do one in Vegas. Some of us wanted to back in the day, but the old Execs had something against the idea from the get-go.
    I tried getting some basic quotes a few years ago, but trying to rent out LVMS is prohibitively expensive. I can check with them again, but I suspect that our best bet would be to piggyback with an event like Mopars at the Strip - would be easy to get the car show done that way, but there are far too many vehicles racing there for them to allot us a dedicated bracket. The local SCCA chapter is pretty active, but I dunno how much they'd help.
    SinCity R/T
    01 SV CC R/T * 03 BK CC R/T * 03 BW RC R/T * 98 BK RC R/T * 99 DA CC R/T * 03 BW CC R/T

Status

Quote Originally Posted by razman131 View Post
    did ya hit up tha track in Ennis?? or the supposed new one by Devils Bowl??
    Ya think? lol.

FUCK the Motorplex. I tried to deal with them when I put in a bid for Dallas, the same year the DRTC accepted the Baytown bid instead. The Motorplex is corporate owned and could give a shit about anyone else but the John Force types and the Big Shows. It would have cost over $14,000 to rent the track. They won't do anything else either, like give you a couple lanes during TnT. I won't even go there anymore, for any reason.
    The "One by the Devils Bowl" is Dallas Raceway, which is the one I linked in my first post. Turns out, they suck too as far as dealing with Clubs goes.

Which brings me to the final reason that I don't care to get involved with a Dallas bid. I don't understand why everyone gets so whiny when I mention the 1/8 mile (not directed at you in particular). People here have always been resistant to the 1/8 mile, but it fits our budget and would be a lot of fun if they would just give it a chance, but all the bench racers love to tell others "what it runs in the 1/4".

As for a Dallas bid in general;
    If someone else arranges everything I will be glad to help them out when the time comes, but other than that, I don't really care to be involved at that level anymore. Too many headaches on both sides of the fence.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

I think its time for another COUNTRY to host the event :-)

Hmmm lets see yep CANADA comes to mind, but not sure how many of you criminals have border issues

We have track, shop for dynoing etc etc.

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

Hmmm lets see yep CANADA comes to mind, but not sure how many of you criminals have border issues

.... did i mention a few fairly quick trucks as well.

Got Beer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rtspeeddemon View Post

.... did i mention a few fairly quick trucks as well.
    Make it happen, that would be cool I think. Are you in east or west Canada?
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

I think KJ is in Ontario.

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

Crossing at Niagara is the closest to Toronto. Drive to Scarborough is about 1- 1/2 hours from Border crossing.

Crossing at Detroit/Windsor is about 4 hours away. Many of the Michigan guys have been here before.

Local tracks are Toronto Motorsports Park aprox 1 1/2 hours from Toronto, Scarborough area.

or

St. Thomas dragway 2 1/2 hour drive.

Dyno Shop is in Scarborough and this is where meet itself would be held or thereabouts.

www.dakotart.com

Status

K.J.,

If you are serious about hosting the meet, we would love to see a proposal from you.

As Sean mentioned, the DRTC is taking proposals now.... Please PM or call Sean for the details.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Status

Mopars at The Rock in Rockingham NC always had a good turn out. Its a 1/4 mile track and the race track is across the street

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyR/T View Post
    Mopars at The Rock in Rockingham NC always had a good turn out. Its a 1/4 mile track and the race track is across the street
    Ideas are good. Bids are better!
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    K.J.,

If you are serious about hosting the meet, we would love to see a proposal from you.

As Sean mentioned, the DRTC is taking proposals now.... Please PM or call Sean for the details.
    Ed i PM'd you a few questions.

Status

I'll put my 2-cents in even though I have never been in a position to go even though I really want to someday!!!

I'm with Grapejuice!! People need to get over not wanting to go to 1/8th mile tracks.

There is so much of an advantage to them.

1. Price is less
    2. Most aren't IHRA/NHRA sanctioned and even if they are they overlook the rules for private venues.
    3. Most are more Family oriented not the Corporate BS.
    4.Hell even the Big League racers are starting to cut back from the 1/4-mile.

Most races are determined before the 1/8 anyways. Very rare to see a race position change hands after the 1/8 unless it's a wreck or something breaks, or one door-to-door race. That is even more rare.

Just watched some ADRL racing 2 weeks ago (I had never been a fan of 1/8 myself till then). Those guys were running 180-210 in the 1/8 @ 4.30-3.80secs.

Now backing up what GrapeJuicyPops said: If members were open to 1/8 mile tracks there are 3 other alone that I can think of that could have been added to the list.

1. Kennedale Dallas Muscle Car Challenge uses them
    2. Prairie Hill This one is a bit red-neck, it's a section of runway in the middle of cow pastures BUT no sanctioning and it would probably be cheap. They also have more than enough room for Auto-X, they run a truck driving school on the same facility during the week.
    3. Little River / Academy : another outlaw track. This ones is 1/4 as long as you don't run faster than 10's. Then they restrict you to 1/8 because they don't have the shutdown for faster cars. They have a lot of shade tree area. Dallas Muscle Car Challenge used to use this track. Not sure if they do any more? But also they are IHRA sanctioned so have to follow the rules and have Tech Insp.

I know there are several more around Dallas that I don't know much about or even know about.

To keep it economically feasible you need to look at 1/8 mile tracks or Piggy Back into other big events!!

Personally if it were me? I'd look at either Piggybacking a BIG event OR look at renting a Smaller track and also trying to tie another Club/s like the Lightning Club into the mix!!
    Last edited by grapejuice1998; 10-25-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Tha DakFink: 1999 Solar Yellow R/Three 468cui, W9-RP heads, Twin 76mm Turbos, Powerglide Trans. , Bob's Fab Shop 25.3 SFI Chassis for 10.5W racing .
    (Still in the Fab Shop)

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast