+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What adapter to use for fuel PSI gauge?

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Default What adapter to use for fuel PSI gauge?

I'm running the stock fuel rails, and want to install an electric fuel pressure gauge in one of the pods, but i'm having a hard time finding the correct piece that goes on the schrader valve? Or can you get an adapter that goes on the stock fuel line connector that had a 1/8npt thread on it for the sending unit?

Im not running a regulator and have all the stock fuel lines with no return setup, what would be the best way of doing it.

DRTC #1064

DRTC #311

Status

im going to sticky this once the answer comes up again! lol, i need to know too but can never remember what people have told me.
    pete

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    I'm running the stock fuel rails, and want to install an electric fuel pressure gauge in one of the pods, but i'm having a hard time finding the correct piece that goes on the schrader valve? Or can you get an adapter that goes on the stock fuel line connector that had a 1/8npt thread on it for the sending unit?

Im not running a regulator and have all the stock fuel lines with no return setup, what would be the best way of doing it.
    Below is the link to the setup I use. Granted I am feeding aux injectors in the air hat. So the top male port is hooked to a line. I am ditching the injectors this week and will throw a -6AN cap on it. It has the port on the side for a gauge sensor. Others have used T's as well.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-100199ERL/

Its a -6an to fit on the shrader valve.

It may take a combo of fittings to get where you want to go though - if memory serves....

Todd
    Last edited by WhiteRT; 09-19-2010 at 04:57 PM.

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

I dug through my nitrous fittings and found that you'll need something like this:

If you could find a straight thru fitting with the -6 for the port (I thought it was -4, but I'm not real keen on eyeballing it) and an NPT fitting on the other end (1/8, or 1/4? again, with the eyeball), then you should be good to go.

EDIT: the Xacto is pointing where the NPT should be, or at least an NPT hole so you could plug it. I'm not so sure I trust a cap. Especially without a shrader in it.

If you want, I can go to the hotrod shop around the corner from me (E.T.) and see if I can come up with something for you.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    I dug through my nitrous fittings and found that you'll need something like this:

If you could find a straight thru fitting with the -6 for the port (I thought it was -4, but I'm not real keen on eyeballing it) and an NPT fitting on the other end (1/8, or 1/4? again, with the eyeball), then you should be good to go.

EDIT: the Xacto is pointing where the NPT should be, or at least an NPT hole so you could plug it. I'm not so sure I trust a cap. Especially without a shrader in it.

If you want, I can go to the hotrod shop around the corner from me (E.T.) and see if I can come up with something for you.
    Works for me. I would just like something to fit on top of the schrader valve likes yours with an auk 1/8npt thread on the side for the sending unit. I think thats the size of the thread on it, hopefully it wont fucking leak and burn down this truck to...

DRTC #1064

Chicago"Blacksheep" 2001-

Status

ok so i took a look at mine and it was 2 fittings. kinda tall but it works. female to female adapter and a fitting. don't know what sizes they are. i got them like 5 years ago or more...

damn my engine on the truck is dirty...

2006 Black Charger SRT8- Cam'ed and tons of suspenson/drivetrain mods for Autocross/Road racing
    2008 Caliber SRT4- Daily Driver
    2000 Black CC Dakota R/T & 1999 Black RC Dakota R/T- sold!
    autoX vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGBII3NIFc / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcDLPdlsxPg / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKoTy-VEw2k

Status

Works for me. I would just like something to fit on top of the schrader valve likes yours with an auk 1/8npt thread on the side for the sending unit. I think thats the size of the thread on it, hopefully it wont fucking leak and burn down this truck to...
    That's why I wouldn't cap anything. Plugs are OK though. I'll see what I can come up with for you tomorrow.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Jontoad View Post
    ok so i took a look at mine and it was 2 fittings. kinda tall but it works. female to female adapter and a fitting. don't know what sizes they are. i got them like 5 years ago or more...

damn my engine on the truck is dirty...

Yeah thats what i was thinking a female to female adapter with a fitting for the fuel sending unit...

Where did you get that female to female... i cant find shit that fits the schrader valve... its -6an correct?

DRTC #1064

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

That's why I wouldn't cap anything. Plugs are OK though. I'll see what I can come up with for you tomorrow.
    Yeah, you coming to the BBQ at my house this coming Saturday? If so we can test it out then, and i can give you the money for the parts.

DRTC #1064

Status

Yeah, you coming to the BBQ at my house this coming Saturday? If so we can test it out then, and i can give you the money for the parts.
    I will try. The Fair starts Friday and also, Saturday is a good friends 50th birthday (damn, it doesn't look right when I wrote that), but I will try to make an appearance, lol.
    I got the fitting for you just now. Check Delphi for the pics.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Muscle Of Love

Status

I will try. The Fair starts Friday and also, Saturday is a good friends 50th birthday (damn, it doesn't look right when I wrote that), but I will try to make an appearance, lol.
    I got the fitting for you just now. Check Delphi for the pics.
    Alan I saw that setup on the Delphi site. How much would you charge to make up another setup for me? More I have been thinking about what you said I am not 100% sure I like the cap idea. So seeing I am yanking the aux injectors out now would be a great time to do the same thing. PM if you would like sir.

Status

OK, so here's the final information:

The test port on the rails is -4 AN.
    The threads on the sender are 1/8" FPT.

It takes a -4 to 1/8" FPT fitting, then a 1/8" FPT brass elbow to attach the sender to the fuel rails.

Last edited by grapejuice1998; 09-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Alan I saw that setup on the Delphi site. How much would you charge to make up another setup for me? More I have been thinking about what you said I am not 100% sure I like the cap idea. So seeing I am yanking the aux injectors out now would be a great time to do the same thing. PM if you would like sir.
    The cost was right around $15. The hot rod shop still had 3-4 more fittings, so it shouldn't be a problem. Say, $20 shipped?
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Muscle Of Love

Status

The cost was right around $15. The hot rod shop still had 3-4 more fittings, so it shouldn't be a problem. Say, $20 shipped?
    Sound's good! Do you accept paypal? If so send me your info bud.

Status

I located my sending unit on the firewall, and then used a 12inch or so nitrous 4an line to the shrader port,works well and looks good also.

Just make sure you don't use any pipe thread sealer or teflon tape with your fittings. And becareful not to over tighten and crush the nose of the an/ hydraulic type fitting. They are made to mate andmake a seal. I build muilty million dollar hydrualic thrusters for a living so take my word on this and get your fittings right. Hate to hear about an engine fire. The less fittings use the better.

Status

[QUOTE=grapejuice1998;136462]I dug through my nitrous fittings and found that you'll need something like this:

thats the fitting i need, i am running my fuel line for the nitrous off the fuel log, and with that i could also run a fuel pressure gauge, but what is that big black thing

Muscle Of Love

Status

[QUOTE=blackknight;145659]

thats the fitting i need, i am running my fuel line for the nitrous off the fuel log, and with that i could also run a fuel pressure gauge, but what is that big black thing
    Big black thing is a fuel gauge sensor for reference.

Status

[QUOTE=BluRT00;145696]
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post

Big black thing is a fuel gauge sensor for reference.
    At least, I hope that's what he was referring to...
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Muscle Of Love

Status

[QUOTE=grapejuice1998;145737]
    Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post

At least, I hope that's what he was referring to...
    Knew while typing that, that one of you wise guys would come in.

i used the nitrous express fitting for mine and it worked perfect there is no need to use a adapter on adapter it was just plug and play. and its a very clean install. part number 744-16185

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 2000RT View Post
    i used the nitrous express fitting for mine and it worked perfect there is no need to use a adapter on adapter it was just plug and play. and its a very clean install. part number 744-16185

NX Product Search 744-16185
    We're sorry. No results were found based on your search.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status
    Last edited by KTK00R/T; 08-24-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    - Josh

2000 Solar Yellow R/T - Cam Only Truck
    1987 Buick Regal T-Type - WE4 and Blackout
    2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab
    1989 Jeep YJ - Real Jeeps have Square Headlights
    1971 Buick Skylark - LS SWAP THE WORLD

+ Reply to Thread