+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cal Tracs

Status

Default Cal Tracs

I have a 1999 excab with a lot of bolt on's but I'm still running through the stock exhaust, my best time to date is 9.17/14.33 at 4250# & close to sea level, I have switched from drag radials to Toyo 29x9" slicks & I'm still not happy with the traction, I was reading in differant forums about Cal-Tracs & how happy people who were running them were, My question is to other R/T owners who run these would you pass along any information on what adjustments worked best. Thanks Lynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (88.5 KB, 34 views)

DRTC #311

Status

my first question is... why did you decide on 29" tires?

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    my first question is... why did you decide on 29" tires?
    lol, i was thinking that too earlier...

If he has stock 3.92 gears, wouldn't that hurt his 60' with more circumference to be turning?
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

MMC RETIRED!

Status

with CalTracs... best, for me anywho, is to jack up the rear, adjust to just touching the front with 1/4 extra turn. adjust as necessary after that.

others will chime in, tho that is what *most* of us do. might be better to go with a 27" tire in the future and get a set of 4:10/11 rear gears.
    1999 DAP CC Dakota-mild/heavy mod
    14.2 Bremerton Raceway `05 NATS

2006 Magnum SRT8
    1 of 555 Brilliant Siver

Mommy mobile

2004 Dodge Caravan SXT

BEATER:
    1991 Honda Civic DX4dr sold at a profit!!

Status

I ran 26.2 Drag Radials & never liked them they were never consistent, I bought the Toyo's in 29's & ran them last year after the points ended, I found them very consistent, what I have realized since my first post is that this year I have'nt turned them long enough to heat them up so the cal-tracs will only help, talking about the 29" tire, I went from 72 to 76.5 mph in the 1/8 mile my 60' is 2.14 & it was 2.04 with the 26" tire, my plans are for 4.56 gear.

OG DRTC

Status

I've found it best to adjust them without jacking up the truck. Tried jacking up the truck when I first got them as the directions from Calvert Racing suggested, and my 60' times were better, but still not good. Now I just set them to where they are about 1/8" below the leafs sitting normal and it gives me a good balance of street manners and help at the track. When I actually cared about adjusting them all the time, I'd just crank them down hand tight at the track with the truck on the ground and go from there.

+ Reply to Thread