+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 6AN Billet Aluminum Fuel Rails 5.2/5.9 Dodge Magnum

OG DRTC

Status

Just a suggestion, but you should offer alternative mounting brackets for them that allow you to mount them without having to use the spacers on the M1 manifolds. makes for a cleaner look.

Just for reference, here is what mine look like with my custom made mounts for the 4bbl M1 I just put on without using the spacers from the install kit. Took me about 5 minutes to make each of the short brackets due to my fuel rail design and checking to make sure the bends and length were correct. And I didn't have any specialized tools. just a bench vise, a hammer, hacksaw and drill bits.

And here's how they looked on my old 2bbl.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Just a suggestion, but you should offer alternative mounting brackets for them that allow you to mount them without having to use the spacers on the M1 manifolds. makes for a cleaner look.
    I have thought about that. But the only thing all these intake manifolds, M1 2-bbl, M1 4-bbl, stock kegger, and Hughes Airgap, all share in common, are the fuel rail mounting points, so that is what I have targeted.

Status

richards got the idea, when i was making fuel rails I made mounts for everything seperatly and became a pain in the ass real soon. Honesly I think the best way is the bar that comes down and is held by the intake bolts. that would work for everything and is super clean

OG DRTC

Status

That's why it could be optional, or maybe even a separate "kit" for those who don't want to use the spacers. I mean, if you had the option to get rid of the spacers and just use bolts right to the intake I don't know why you wouldn't. Looks better and less parts.

Supporting Vendor

Status

richards got the idea, when i was making fuel rails I made mounts for everything seperatly and became a pain in the ass real soon. Honesly I think the best way is the bar that comes down and is held by the intake bolts. that would work for everything and is super clean
    Actually, the distance from the intake bolt bosses to the rails is different between the M1 2-bbl and M1 4-bbl. I wouldn't doubt the airgap is different too in that regard. lol

Status

Oh, well there goes that theory hahaha

Supporting Vendor

Status

Oh, well there goes that theory hahaha
    lol

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Actually, the distance from the intake bolt bosses to the rails is different between the M1 2-bbl and M1 4-bbl. I wouldn't doubt the airgap is different too in that regard. lol
    Yeah, I had to make different mounts for mine because of the difference on the "short" mounts when I switched to the 4bbl. I didn't try it with the spacers from the install kit, but I'd imagine you would have to adjust them as well since it was obviously different height than the 2bbl.

Status

these rails are a great deal. i bought them in bare aluminum and polished them myself with about 30 bucks in stuff from harbor freight.
    heres how they come bare

after some sanding

after some buffing

fittings and ready to go. just need to cut my braided line to length

thanks richard
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Supporting Vendor

Status

these rails are a great deal. i bought them in bare aluminum and polished them myself with about 30 bucks in stuff from harbor freight.
    heres how they come bare

after some sanding

after some buffing

fittings and ready to go. just need to cut my braided line to length

thanks richard
    Those turned out nicely Chris! Thanks for the purchase!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Those turned out nicely Chris! Thanks for the purchase!
    Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.
    410, 10.3 comp pistons, P&P Eddies, 254 cam, 30lb injectors, sct tuner, 3800 viper stall, 4:56 yukon gears, hotchkis tvs, m1 4brrl, 58mm f&b tb, 1.7 rr, electric fan, jm longtube headers, B&M hammer shifter, Cope Racing Trans, Viper Brakes, SRT8 Seats, nx wet kit(100 shot)
    best time 11.32 @ 118 1.59 60' on spray(old motor). 11.76@115 n/a(new motor)
    DD 07 SRT8 Charger 12.55@112

Supporting Vendor

Status

Some pics of HiPoTek red anodized fuel rails with the HiPoTek blue fittings kit for plumbing into the stock fuel line.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/anodized-...-dodge-magnum/

http://stores.hi-potek.com/fuel-rail...-dodge-magnum/

Last edited by 98Dak408; 12-30-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Supporting Vendor

Status
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 02-27-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Blown and Squirted

Status

I had Richard do some custom rails for me, his work is top notch. Highly recommended.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3