packard1

Code po300

Rate this Entry
This am tried to start truck, no start checked codes PO300 multiple cylinders miss fire. After 10 minutes started instantly?
could be ign. or no fuel press? Any ideas? Been starting all day.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Could be a low battery. Sat all night and maybe drained some or needs replacement.
    A bad battery sometimes uses a wake up call such as head lights on or start sequence and sort of "wakes up" abit. Test that first. I doubt it's a vacuum leak but you can spray around the intake and such with water and see if idle changes.
    Could also be bad plugs on a couple cylinders. Easily checked if so. See how many volts you're getting after the coil.
    I lean toward ignition stuff first then fuel pressure then the weird shit like vacuum leaks and distributor crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by arro222
    Could be a low battery. Sat all night and maybe drained some or needs replacement.
    A bad battery sometimes uses a wake up call such as head lights on or start sequence and sort of "wakes up" abit. Test that first. I doubt it's a vacuum leak but you can spray around the intake and such with water and see if idle changes.
    Could also be bad plugs on a couple cylinders. Easily checked if so. See how many volts you're getting after the coil.
    I lean toward ignition stuff first then fuel pressure then the weird shit like vacuum leaks and distributor crap.

This is a vehicle that quits running with no spark, batt is full charged, Groupe 27 batt. ,6 months old, draw test to 870 amps.
    This is ignition situation. Too hot here in Florida right now to drive it after all ign. components replaced. If it happens now it's the ECM . All ign. components pass all the test [ohms-etc] . Thank you for input.
    man would I love to rip out all this computer crap on mine. Have 3 more years to go before my truck becomes eligible for non -compliance of the smog crap my state does.
    Carb, coil, distributor...done. There are so many other sensors led by electronics such as tranny, brakes, etc. that I'm tempted to rip all this out and start a rebuild with another type controller.