PDA

View Full Version : looking for a car trailer, WI/IL

PeteRT
03-19-2008, 03:46 AM
ya ya... i know it should be in the wanted ads, but i figured it be easier to keep it local, as i sure as hell am not driving to california or miami...

Lookin for an open bottom car trailer. i could really care less what kind, size or shape.

if i could have my pick of the litter--- it would be aluminum, slide under ramps, i think they call the end a beaver tail?... easier to load low to the ground cars/trucks. brakes- eh... the truck doesnt have em so why should the trailer, lmao....

must fit a club cab r/t and be road worthy. i can fix just about anything, but i have to be able to get it home first. keep your eyes out, or point me twards any ads you guys run across in:

Central/Southern Wisconsin
Northern Illinois
Northwestern Indiana
Northeastern Iowa

Generally anywhere 1/2 day drive from Milwaukee or Chicago

i could probably talk the wife into about $1,000. my target is $800.

thanks fellas.
pete

blk00rt
03-19-2008, 04:51 PM
you might try looking on craigslist.

Trueblue R/T
03-19-2008, 07:43 PM
ya ya... i know it should be in the wanted ads, but i figured it be easier to keep it local, as i sure as hell am not driving to california or miami...

Lookin for an open bottom car trailer. i could really care less what kind, size or shape.

if i could have my pick of the litter--- it would be aluminum, slide under ramps, i think they call the end a beaver tail?... easier to load low to the ground cars/trucks. brakes- eh... the truck doesnt have em so why should the trailer, lmao....

must fit a club cab r/t and be road worthy. i can fix just about anything, but i have to be able to get it home first. keep your eyes out, or point me twards any ads you guys run across in:

Central/Southern Wisconsin
Northern Illinois
Northwestern Indiana
Northeastern Iowa

Generally anywhere 1/2 day drive from Milwaukee or Chicago

i could probably talk the wife into about $1,000. my target is $800.

thanks fellas.
pete

It will be hard to find one worth dragging off for that money but you could build one for that..That is what I did..

PeteRT
03-19-2008, 10:11 PM
you might try looking on craigslist.

thanks captain obvious, i check it daily.
pete

PeteRT
03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
It will be hard to find one worth dragging off for that money but you could build one for that..That is what I did..

ive thought about it..did you get some plans, or just toss one together? we've got a northern tool store here thats got a lot of components.... maybe i should look into that.
pete

BTLFED R/T
03-19-2008, 10:22 PM
ive thought about it..did you get some plans, or just toss one together? we've got a northern tool store here thats got a lot of components.... maybe i should look into that.
pete

First look into what it takes to having a homemade trailer licensed. I don't know if it's difficult or not, just something to look into.

PeteRT
03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
im pretty sure here it just needs an inspection. ill look into it.
pete

Trueblue R/T
03-20-2008, 11:26 PM
pete

basically I just put it together from materials i had around the shop i'll get some pics up later..

blk00rt
03-21-2008, 11:07 AM
pete,
this might be a little far for you, its in detroit
http://detroitracing.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6033
18' open car trailer only 850.00