PDA

View Full Version : 4.7 VS Xrunner

04STAMPEDE/RC
03-19-2008, 03:29 AM
well guys i was out tonight and i ran across my buddy who has a new xrunner and has been dying to run me! so i tell him to bring his little Taco, so we ran from his roll a 20 and i kicked w/ overdrive off in drive and we were side by side then he started pullin me around 60 and got me about 2 1/2 cars! we ran again from my roll 50 and he got me about the 2 , all in all a good race since i had my 22's on and he has a 6spd, i told him we should do it again some time w/ my stockers!!!:rockwoot:

John
03-19-2008, 05:20 AM
put your stock wheels back on and try him from a dig, you might get him

I see a lot of x-runner owners talking crap about our trucks and saying how fast their trucks are, but I dont see too many posting times or videos with times at a track. I have only seen one run at our track and he ran a best of 15.3 so I wasn't very impressed. Its not bad but wasnt great for how much hype there were creating. I like them though. I just want to race one still.

WeezyRT
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I thought you got rid of the 22s? Theres actually a guy with an Xrunner registered over on Dak-Dur, he says they typically run low 15s..one guy has broke a 14.9. Like John said, Im not too impressed either with after all the hype about them. They are nice trucks though, I could see a blue one parked next to my RT.

Anyway.. throw them stockers on and go get him!

BTLFED R/T
03-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Not impressed? It's running as good if not better in some cases than stock R/T's, with a V6! :jerkit:

John
03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Im not saying its not a great truck and making good power for the size of the motor, I would own one actually. But like i said i am not that impressed because after all the trash talking by some of the x-runner owners saying how much faster they were than dakotas and they really arent that much different.

BTLFED R/T
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Im not saying its not a great truck and making good power for the size of the motor, I would own one actually. But like i said i am not that impressed because after all the trash talking by some of the x-runner owners saying how much faster they were than dakotas and they really arent that much different.

I gotcha. I didn't know they were still talking all that shit! :jerkit:

04STAMPEDE/RC
03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
yeah i got the 22's back!!! it was a close race at frist from the 20 but he had alot of top end which my wheels kill me at, yeah im get some new tires for the stockers (235/60/16) BF traction TA's and im gonna hunt him down lol!!!:D

John
03-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I gotcha. I didn't know they were still talking all that shit! :jerkit:
Yeah there were quite a few that were. Even a couple local owners that I have talked to, but yet they always had an excuse for not coming to the track to race me. BUT that happens with any vehicle really. Im sure there are a lot of rt owners that talk a lot of crap and do the same thing. There are some cool owners though, like that one that came on steve's site and joined up just to say hi and point out that not all x-runner owners are that way.

1hotkadota
03-19-2008, 05:05 PM
That's weird. When I put on my R/T rims I bought from Jweltch, my top end got better. My old tires were 235/70/15 and these new ones are 285/60/17. When measured, the new R/T rims are 2" taller than my old ones. Why would that improve my top end? Cause now I can beat the last gen Civic Si from 70 mph up.

1hotkadota
03-19-2008, 05:06 PM
There are some cool owners though, like that one that came on steve's site and joined up just to say hi and point out that not all x-runner owners are that way.

I'm actually trying to set up a race with him next time I'm in Vegas!:rockwoot:

Wild Bill
03-20-2008, 09:39 PM
That's weird. When I put on my R/T rims I bought from Jweltch, my top end got better. My old tires were 235/70/15 and these new ones are 285/60/17. When measured, the new R/T rims are 2" taller than my old ones. Why would that improve my top end? Cause now I can beat the last gen Civic Si from 70 mph up.

The SI will only go to 75 :jester:

1hotkadota
03-20-2008, 09:52 PM
The SI will only go to 75 :jester:

:jester: Well that makes sense!:biggthumpup:

Lowdown
03-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I was at Houston raceway park a couple weeks ago and there was a x-runner there he took off his tail gate to run and when he launched the whole back end shook the little ground effects looked like the where about to fall off and the sides of the bed did the same thing. He did run a 14.8 on stockers. They run good but the R/T has all the potenial.

rattler360
03-29-2008, 04:47 PM
exactally enough of the xrunner already

DaPurpleRT
03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
I'll have to watch out for these and try to avoid them...