PDA

View Full Version : mustang gt lol

Sick 660r
03-15-2010, 03:38 AM
I was following a newer gt on my way home, doing about 60-65. He got over and waited for me to catch up. At that point I heard him downshift and floor it so I gave it a little gas while staying in 6th, lets just say I caught up pretty fast and walked him. He had a sexy ass wife too lol

bad360rt
03-15-2010, 03:58 AM
That's just mean, you need to be beating up on GT500s, at least they might have a chance, if they're modded. :jester:

Sick 660r
03-15-2010, 04:21 AM
That's just mean, you need to be beating up on GT500s, at least they might have a chance, if they're modded. :jester:

lol I didnt even start it. He just took off so I said what the hell and gave it some gas. I was going to lay a beat down but the roads were damp so I just stayed in 6th.

RJ_Hythloday
03-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Poor fool had no idea what he was getting himself into.

badinfluence
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
lol I didnt even start it. He just took off so I said what the hell and gave it some gas. I was going to lay a beat down but the roads were damp so I just stayed in 6th.

Did you get your tranny issues fixed?

Sick 660r
03-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Did you get your tranny issues fixed?

for the most part. Spent an entire day bleeding the system. 4th still likes to grind when I first start driving.

jmont11890
03-20-2010, 12:36 AM
nice kill! i posted a story about racing a lightning and had 4 people bitching to me! hope they don't do this to you lol. maybe it was because my race against the lightning was planned and yours wasn't lol. i love beating up on gt's, i just usually have to try to be able to, i can't simple floor it in 6th haha.

dakfink
03-20-2010, 04:16 AM
for the most part. Spent an entire day bleeding the system. 4th still likes to grind when I first start driving.

Which T-56 are you using?

Reason I ask is; I have driven Camaros, Vettes, Cobras and Vipers all with a T-56 and the damn Viper is a real PITA with the gear shifting.

I have no idea if it's actually the transmission that is the issue or the shifter/linkage they use in them.

Sick 660r
03-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Which T-56 are you using?

Reason I ask is; I have driven Camaros, Vettes, Cobras and Vipers all with a T-56 and the damn Viper is a real PITA with the gear shifting.

I have no idea if it's actually the transmission that is the issue or the shifter/linkage they use in them.

its a viper spec t56. Atleast thats what keisler says. It likes to grind 4 the first time I shift into it and after that its fine. Now im starting to worry about a vibration in the clutch pedal which matches shifter vibration. I was thinking it was just the solid motor mounts and poly trans mount but it still doesnt seem right.

bfranzel
03-20-2010, 03:13 PM

beat downif he only knew

dakfink
03-20-2010, 06:02 PM
its a viper spec t56. Atleast thats what keisler says. It likes to grind 4 the first time I shift into it and after that its fine. Now im starting to worry about a vibration in the clutch pedal which matches shifter vibration. I was thinking it was just the solid motor mounts and poly trans mount but it still doesnt seem right.

IIRC the only thing that makes a Viper trans any better than any of the rest is they have upgraded forks and maybe something else.

Not really a whole lot.

If you end up having to have it worked on send it to D&D Performance.

slammedR/T
03-23-2010, 04:07 AM
IIRC the only thing that makes a Viper trans any better than any of the rest is they have upgraded forks and maybe something else.

Not really a whole lot.

If you end up having to have it worked on send it to D&D Performance.

Viper trans have bigger output and input shafts and bigger output and input shaft bearings which makes them stronger.They also have the steel shift forks over the aluminum 3-4 which is in the f-body and cobra trans.

DEPUTY

VMADA
03-28-2010, 03:26 AM
i need help with my dakota i have a supercharger m-1 intake manifold cams headers msd wires msd 6a msd boost control pcm upgrade exhaust does have a header leak..... its not as fast as it should be um i get beat by a buddys 04 gt do u knw wat may be wrong maybe a tune or need something to make it faster???

Sick 660r
03-28-2010, 04:27 AM
i need help with my dakota i have a supercharger m-1 intake manifold cams headers msd wires msd 6a msd boost control pcm upgrade exhaust does have a header leak..... its not as fast as it should be um i get beat by a buddys 04 gt do u knw wat may be wrong maybe a tune or need something to make it faster???

buy sct, some larger injectors and get a tune

VMADA
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
cool i try that im on his ass but i knw i should smoke him

ThundeR/T
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
It likes to grind 4 the first time I shift into it and after that its fine.is that tranny completely brand new like out of a box from a factory or is it rebuilt by them? you cant rely on someones word all the time.i say they messed something up in the trans

Sick 660r
03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
is that tranny completely brand new like out of a box from a factory or is it rebuilt by them? you cant rely on someones word all the time.i say they messed something up in the trans

its rebuilt by them. I dont trust anything they say. It hasnt girnded 4th for a while now and I dont really have a problem with any other gears. Only issue now is to figure out the vibration in the clutch pedal.

ThundeR/T
03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
well, lets see think whats connected to the pedal from the engine or anything that can vibrate.. when you put your foot on the pedal does it go away or is that when you feel it. and you said your feeling the same vibration through the shifter?

Sick 660r
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I just did a little searching and found a guy with my exact problem according to his discription and the result was a bad throw out bearing.

grapejuice1998
03-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Did you have the fuel sync set after you installed the cam?