PDA

View Full Version : any r/t's in Southeast Wisconsin?

lillchaps
03-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey i was just wondering Who else has an R/t in Southeast Wisconsin:woot:

PeteRT
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
you have come to the right place.

if you see a r/t that looks like the one below terrorizing highway 59.... that would be me.

pete

lillchaps
03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
nice! ya i have a black cc i also think i saw another black one near tremain trailer park. I live in eagle which is right on 59

PeteRT
03-09-2010, 12:07 AM
i know, lol... that's why i mentioned it. i lived there for a little bit, my wife is from Eagle, her parents still live there & I have good friends right on main street. i probably go there every other week or so.

mailman used to be my personal drag strip, and that other road that cuts between 59 & 67.

pete

lillchaps
03-09-2010, 02:00 AM
haha yeah i drive on S all the time on the way home from school. Are there ever any meets in our area??

PeteRT
03-09-2010, 03:35 AM
not so much these days... we could start something up though, for sure. there's a couple things i try to make it to every year. keep your eyeballs peeled and i'll post up the where and when.

got any pics of your truck... any mods, or plans for it?

pete

lillchaps
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I dont have any pics yet because i bought it this fall, and the day after i got it i had some guy slam into the side of it at the dmv =[ . But now i have winter tires on it for a few more weeks so i will take pictures after i get the other rims on. My truck is stock except for a flowmaster exhaust. I am planning on getting a chip for it and an intake this summer though. I would be very interested if we could get some people together. Thanks for the help.

PeteRT
03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
if you find or know of a realistic body shop, let me know- i need some painting done too.

as far as mods go- this board is a pretty good resource.. as limited as the aftermarket has been for these things- you can bet your bottom dollar that there are more of a few of "us" that have been there/done that.

the hot ticket these days for a chip is SCT. for around the price of a superchips or hypertech, you can have tunes written and modified for your specific truck & mods list, and have that tune tweaked as you progress through your build. It's not as good as a full standalone ($$$$$), but for just about anyone- it's the way to go. I think I paid $375 last year for the handheld and unlimited tunes.

For an intake- you have a lot of options. personally, i don't see the need to spend a few hundred bux on the K&N setup, when a much cheaper one will do the trick just as well.

pete

lillchaps
03-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah as for paint i had pretty much my whole truck painted and the rest blended because of the clearcoat problem. I went to one Just out of eagle because my dad knew the guy. It costed around $750 and it looks nice. The only problem is there are a few scratches in the paint, but i told the guy about it and he is fixing it all this spring for free. So i could get the name of that place if you are interested, but i dont know it off the top of my head.
As for the intakes what ones do you recommend?

PeteRT
03-09-2010, 09:02 PM
please let me know when you think of it... i need my roof painted because of the same clearcoat problem. doesn't need to be perfect/show quality- but i don't want it fucked up either.. it's just a roof so should be pretty easy to make come out well.

i have a brand new cold air kit in my garage i bought off ebay a while ago.. send me an email and ill see if i have any pictures. it's nothing fancy, but does include a new hat, tube & heatshield. i may be keeping the filter for my vortech, so for that you'd be on your own.

pete102580@gmail.com

krusty_R/T
03-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I was born and raised in Wales :D

In fact, I was just up this past Friday-Monday, but I was in my Talon below. I plan on making the trip up more often to help my Grandpa out since my Grandma passed away last month so if you see a POS DSM with Kansas plates feel free to honk and give me the bird :biggthumpup:

lillchaps
03-09-2010, 10:27 PM
haha sounds good:biggthumpup:

splinkman
04-06-2010, 07:09 PM
i'm still here,,in waukesha....truck is still in storage,,,both front calipers are stuck tho,,,any ideas on that?,,,i was leaning toward stockers again since the options seem to be limited and pricy,,i have power slots and hawk pads now,,,

PeteRT
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
holy shit splinkman, i thought you fell off the face of the earth!!!!

are they locked because they're clamped, or locked because of storage/rust?.. I would just bleed the brakes and see what happens.

pete

splinkman
04-06-2010, 08:17 PM
ha,,still here,,,i the drivers side one has been sticking for 2 or three years,,i just haven't done anything about it,,,ever since the roter and pad change it has been messed up,,i just don't hardly ever drive it now..

PeteRT
04-06-2010, 08:35 PM
in that case, i would disassemble and reassemble- make sure to put some graphite on the caliper pins.
pete

splinkman
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
i thot that willwood brake kit that John m sells looks kinda cool

PeteRT
04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
i didn't know there was a kit out there, aside from the vipers that people put together every so often.

i need better brakes. you can barely see my discs- & they don't stop for shit.

pete

Alwayshigh421
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
we need to get something going for the mid-west division on here i know im new but ill be back in the Fort Atkinson area next month. im willing to drive a little distance but think we should really get something going

PeteRT
03-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Could do that.. My truck's been on the back burner for a while but I'm sure I could kick some dust off.

I'd like to make it to the Quaden (former dodge dealer) mopar show in Okauchee (oconomowoc), as well as the mopar festival at great lakes.

this is a BIG maybe- but i don't live far from quaden, we could do up a BBQ or something at the house, and roll on over. it's earlier in the year and i never have my projects wrapped up enough to go. i've driven past though and there's always a good turn-out. haven't gotten started on any projects, so i'm ready whenever lol.

pete

Alwayshigh421
03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
hell yeah sounds great! ill be home the beginning of next month. also wonder if your willing to share some knowledge, tools, working space ill bring beer. thanks all who are/will be involved.

Sam

PeteRT
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
absolutely.i have just about everything a well equipped garage should.

pete