PDA

View Full Version : No ECM/PCM electrical

bttlefed
03-02-2010, 10:22 PM
ok guys, I will be adding to this little by little as most of my notes are hand written and I am transfering them to the computer. I have a carb and aftermarket guages (autometer) and a fuel cell. Thus, no PCM/ECM or anyting of the sort...

Ignition/Key
Constant 12V+ Pink/Black or Red Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Blue/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Dark Blue Ignition Switch Harness (I used this for the 12v lead on the alternator)
Ignition 2 Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness (Heat/AC)
Accessory Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Black/Gray Or Gray/Black At Coil Passenger's Side of Engine
Neutral Safety Wire Brown/White PCM Passenger's Rear of Engine next to Strut
Brake Switch White/Tan Brake Switch
Parking Lights Black/Yellow (+) Behind Fuse Panel 74 Pin Connector below Fuse Panel
Head Lamp Light Green (+) Steering Column
Factory Disarm Black/Orange (-) 16 Pin Connector behind Fuse Panel
Windows Up LF=Light Blue, RF=Brown/White
Windows Down LF=White, RF=Purple White

Alternator
I am using the stock 139 AMP (the 90AMP hooks up the same). I am using a regulator out of a 80' dodge ram 1500 pickup. The hookup is as follows,
Looking at the back of the alternator Left to right
Regulator post 1 Ignition-on 12 volt + top regulator lead (Blue lead PT173)
Regulator post 2 right regulator leed (Green leed PT173)
** really important to not mess up those 2***
Battery to Battery (obviously)

I am using PT173 as the connector assemby for the regulator, I used cut up butt-connectors till I found the right part.

Speed
Stock sensor ends up in the engine compartment. White wire with a orange tracer. This can be found in pin 27 on the big connector or White/orange on the small one. Our trucks use the 800 (PPM??) system. It should read 1600 when you do the 2 mile calibration. The sensor will freak out (or at least mine does) on a hard left turn.

I will let you all know more as I find it. Let me know if you need any more info.

mtlcafan79
03-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Hit up www.racemagnum.com I believe they have the EFI to carb swap wiring memorized. Tell them THE ALLIANCE sent you.

bttlefed
03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
great. and I spent all of this time figuring this out myself.