PDA

View Full Version : Mopar pcm with SCT????

Seth.rt
02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Got a problem!!! Just installed my paxton setup with 2bar map, 42# injectors, and SCT tune via Hemifever. Its idling a lil rough, and running way too rich. I give it gas and it sputters, smokes and wants to die. My a/f is reading about 10. Seems to be wired the right way now although I crossed a couple of wires before I realized it. Do you think it fried my map. Also need to know if a mopar performance pcm will take the sct tune? Some say yes and some say no........ Any help?????

Five9Dak
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
You need to be working with hemifever on this issue, at least initially. Don't go throwing parts at it just yet.

Seth.rt
02-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Will do Man, Thanks!!

RawR/T
02-21-2010, 02:41 AM
That sounds like a MAP issue to me. I see those very problems on vehicles with AFM's all the time when a wire cracks and shorts or the AFM goes bad. Have you checked your vac line to your map sensor for leaks or restrictions??

Seth.rt
02-21-2010, 02:52 AM
I just put a new vac. line on it today but I will double check to make sure the line isn't too long and maybe bent causing restriction. I was thinking map problems as well. Guess I better check the volt meter again. Thanks man!

Seth.rt
02-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Also threw a check engine light as well.

Seth.rt
02-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Yep it was the map sensor. Bought that one from summit....it was bad out of the box! Heard that lots of those summit ones are like that. Bought a new one from auto zone. I got a map sensor for a 2000 buick park avenue ultra with the sc. It plugged right in and it works great!!!! Thanks fellas!!!:woot::woot:

Intense RT
02-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Yep it was the map sensor. Bought that one from summit....it was bad out of the box! Heard that lots of those summit ones are like that. Bought a new one from auto zone. I got a map sensor for a 2000 buick park avenue ultra with the sc. It plugged right in and it works great!!!! Thanks fellas!!!:woot::woot:2000 Buick w/sc ...interesting. Never know when that info may come in handy. Plugs into factory harness?

Seth.rt
02-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Not into the factory harness but into the GM plugs that the summit map sensors come with. But just in case the summit ones are bad out of the box go and get one of these and plug it in. they are the same price about $45 and seem to be way more reliable than the summit ones.

Seth.rt
02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
All of the map sensors are the same for pontiac GTP, Buick regal GS sc, Buick Park avenue ultra, buick riviera. they all have the 3.8 supercharged engines.. so any of these models will work if u wire up a GM plug.