PDA

View Full Version : Rear o2 ?

Coolbet13
02-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi im new to the site been looking around for a while but this is my first post. I have a 94 dakota with an 96 drivetrain/pcm swap with a 318 and 5 speed, so I have a obd2 computer. my ? is some of u guys that dont have cats just tie your rear o2's up to the frame. Do u wrap them in heat wrap or just tie them up? I have a CEL for no cat just looking for a clear answer to the tie it up trick.

BTW, mine only has 1 pre cat and one post cat o2 if that matters.

miamikoda
02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
im pretty sure they just tie them up. it makes the pcm think that the cats are doing a great job. thats what ive read

bfranzel
02-09-2010, 09:08 PM
i tied mine to my tranny bell housing. and the only time i get a code from them is when im playing around on the highway. you can also get a bung welded in at an exhaust shop for about $25. all that sensor does is monitor the flow of air and make sure there is a difference from the first sensor!

Coolbet13
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I have it tied up now with some tin foil around it but im still getting a high voltage code?

bfranzel
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
y tinfoil? i have mine zip tied to my tranny in open air so it can read something. that sensor is just monitoring the difference in air flow. try and zip tie it to the tranny without covering it up! ive had mine like that for about 2 years now and only time they throw a cel is when im getting on it alot

jj malone
02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes why tinfoil ?

Coolbet13
02-10-2010, 03:06 AM
cause I read on some other fourms that some people put foil or exhaust wrap around them then tie them up. But tonight I unwraped it and tied it back up, cleared it. CEL came back but havent been home to check it with a scan tool yet :confused:

Coolbet13
02-11-2010, 06:30 AM
checked it still have the PO138 = Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank1, Sensor2) I'm guessing mybe the sensor is bad?

stevenz1inoc
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi im new to the site been looking around for a while but this is my first post. I have a 94 dakota with an 96 drivetrain/pcm swap with a 318 and 5 speed, so I have a obd2 computer. my ? is some of u guys that dont have cats just tie your rear o2's up to the frame. Do u wrap them in heat wrap or just tie them up? I have a CEL for no cat just looking for a clear answer to the tie it up trick.

BTW, mine only has 1 pre cat and one post cat o2 if that matters.

I had a 96' 5.2 5speed manual. You can tie the back o2 to the frame and let it hang in the air. The higher the better to avoid water. Do NOT wrap it.

bfranzel
02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
cause I read on some other fourms that some people put foil or exhaust wrap around them then tie them up. But tonight I unwraped it and tied it back up, cleared it. CEL came back but havent been home to check it with a scan tool yet :confused:

possibly messed the sensor up by wrapping it! not sure

Coolbet13
02-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Well the front sensor was bad in the donor truck from the get go. So this ones probably bad too. scan tool shows 1000mv all the time no change. ill try a new one and let it hang. Thanks for the help guys!