PDA

View Full Version : Division Representative Elections

mtlcafan79
02-09-2010, 02:25 AM
The positions for all but one out of the 14 Reps are up for reelection at this time. All Reps except for Gary Achtzehn in Division 7 are up for reelection.
My D1 position and Ed Morris' D6 position are now vacant as we have both moved up the ladder.

Reps get two years at the helm and then must be reelected. All Reps must be current paid members.

If you would like to run for reelection or election please PM me so that I may put you on the ballot for your Division. I would like to get the voting going by the weekend if possible and get new reps online with the board by our next Exec meeting on 2/18. Thanks!

White Turbo
02-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I'll go ahead and nominate Lloyd R. for re-election to div. 6 rep.

I see some of the current reps haven't checked in on the forum lately... Should we give 'em a heads up?

Warrior Poet
02-09-2010, 07:49 AM
I'd like to try to go up for something in Div 3, or maybe Div 8 as I'm overseas 80% of the year

bttlefed
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
what about a "deep south" rep....

SB440R/T
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I would like a shot at Div 1, just let if be known that I might move in September to a new post, but will do as much as I can until then and give up the seat to another WILLING member.

mtlcafan79
02-09-2010, 01:36 PM
what about a "deep south" rep....

That would be Division 2. We will be needing two new reps for D2 most likely. I know Darren is out, and I believe Shane is as well. I have to contact him to make sure that is the case.

krusty_R/T
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I would like a shot at Div 1, just let if be known that I might move in September to a new post, but will do as much as I can until then and give up the seat to another WILLING member.
It doesn't matter. I was a D-3 rep before I moved to D-5 and I'm still a D-3 rep :jester:

BluRT00
02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Can someone PM the rules and what is required to be a Division Rep..

White Turbo
02-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Can someone PM the rules and what is required to be a Division Rep..

Here is what the by-laws say:
Duties of Regional Representatives shall be:
The Regional Representatives shall report directly to the Vice-President, and are responsible for representing their regional area. Advising the board of all activities, or concerns of their region.

The only requirement is that you are a current member in good standing.

Division reps usually help out if and when the National meet comes to their area. They also help out at their own divisional meets.
We also have on-line exec board meetings every so often and reps attend those as well. Reps can suggest ideas to the execs, vote on DRTC issues, volunteer to help out the club by selling T-shirts, etc.
Reps will have access to the executive board section of this forum too.

BluRT00
02-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Leaves me out, never was a paid DRTC member.

SB440R/T
02-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Leaves me out, never was a paid DRTC member.

Not to late to become one.

Hugh Jassole
02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I'll chip in for D-1. I guess I should freshen up my membership.

BluRT00
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Not to late to become one.

No point in trying, we already have people wanting two guys that haven't replied yet. Plus tight on money, so screw it.

mtlcafan79
02-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll chip in for D-1. I guess I should freshen up my membership.

You're gonna have to fight for D1. We are up to four people now. You know what that means though right? You'll have to show up for meets!

Hugh Jassole
02-12-2010, 03:33 PM
You're gonna have to fight for D1. We are up to four people now. You know what that means though right? You'll have to show up for meets!

I have no issue with that. I'm tired of wrenching on the damn thing, I just want to drive it for awhile. Actually going to meets would fit nicely with that plan. :D