PDA

View Full Version : worth the money?

fastdodgert
03-14-2008, 05:17 AM
im very interested in purchasing this kit. this is hemifevers site right? so what do yall think about the lightning killer package

http://www.krcperformance.com/krc/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_modern&product_id=166&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

Hugh Jassole
03-14-2008, 12:56 PM
that's a bit steep. You can almost build a complete new motor for that. It is a nice package though

bad360rt
03-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I'd piece together a package myself, using Eddy heads, a bigger cam, and the SCT setup to tune it. :biggthumpup:

That's not hemifever's site, that's KRC's site, he does some tuning for KRC tho.

PeteRT
03-15-2008, 03:53 AM
that's a bit steep. You can almost build a complete new motor for that. It is a nice package though

three years ago, thats about exactly what my engine cost... the very same one in my sig, new crate short block, cam, 1.92 heads, 1.7 RR's, powdercoating, shipping cross country and assembled from the intake to the oil pan... all i had to do was mount headers, throttle body, accessories and turn the key.

that krc "kit"... its just a bunch of parts right? that price isnt like you bring your truck, drop it off, and pick it up installed and tuned...? if that was the case--- it MIGHT be worth it... but really, i would source all those parts seperately. doesnt seem like much of a deal to me.
pete

PeteRT
03-15-2008, 03:56 AM
by the way (to the original poster)--- didn't i just read in another thread that the southeast r/t fellas are local to you?.... if that was the case... have you asked them to put together a quote for you? i would.
pete

fastdodgert
03-15-2008, 07:42 AM
they are local, i was just gettin some opinions about it thats all, im most likely gonna go through them, but like i said just gettin some opinions

PeteRT
03-15-2008, 09:09 AM
i think johns probably one of the very small handfulls of dudes in the market that i can't recall anything negative being said about him or his business.
pete

fastdodgert
03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
yeah him and gary are awesome